Kim Kardashian Tops Highest Paid Reality Star List, Two 'Skating With the Stars' Contestants Hospitalized and More
The reality star family has been making the talk show publicity rounds to promote their memoir/self-help book, and it's paying off: According to The Daily Beast, Kim has been named the highest-paid reality star this year. The middle Kardashian sister has brought in $6 million this year for her TV shows, product endorsements, Dash boutiques, skincare line and other promotional appearances.
Also on the highest-paid list: 'The Hills' star Lauren Conrad, 'Jersey Shore' star Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino and celeb mom Kate Gosselin.
In other TV news ...
• Is 'Skating With the Stars' cursed? Two stars were hospitalized yesterday -- Brandon Mychal Smith will return next week after recovering from a virus or food poisoning, while pro Brooke Castille competed with partner Jonny Moseley after her hand was sliced open with his skate. [E! Online]
• Elisabeth Hasselbeck has won a lawsuit that accused her of plagiarism. The 'View' co-host was accused of copying passages for her book on celiac disease. [THR, Esq.]
• Oprah's audience has landed in Australia. The lucky attendees will travel through Australia for eight days before heading to two show tapings at the Sydney Opera House. [The Hollywood Reporter]
According to Deadline Hollywood, Paul Scheer's 'NTSF: SD: SUV' has been picked up for 12 episodes. The procedural parody started out as a faux commercial on 'Children's Hospital' but has been spun off, with Scheer writing, starring and producing.
Rob Riggle, Brandon Johnson and and June Raphael appeared in the original spoof, some are expected to appear in the series, but not as regulars.
In other TV news ...
• Oprah Winfrey is getting her best ratings in nearly three years. The talk show host has regularly lost to 'Judge Judy,' but her recent chats with Michael Jackson's children, George W. Bush and Marie Osmond has lifter her to an average of 8.3 million viewers. [Hollywood Reporter]
• Jenny Gago has joined the cast of 'Southland.' Gago will recur Detective Josie Ochoa as the partner of Regina King's character. [TV Guide]
• CBS is developing a modern-day western. 'Desperado' comes from 'CSI' creator Anthony Zuiker and follows a band of lawmen who enact cowboy-like justice on criminals. [Hollywood Reporter]
News Roundup: 'CSI' Creator Anthony Zuiker Returns to Series, Weezer Pays Tribute to 'Lost' and More
Zuiker has not had a direct presence in day-to-day operations on 'CSI' for about five years, instead working on other projects and spin-off shows. According to Vulture, CBS executives and 'CSI' showrunner Carol Mendelsohn wanted to bring Zuiker back to the mothership show for an injection of bizarre stories that made the show watercooler material in its earlier seasons.
An upcoming episode of the show will feature a werewolf/vampire convention.
• Weezer's new album 'Hurley' will feature a photo of 'Lost' star Jorge Garcia on the cover. Garcia played the lovable Hurley on the hit ABC show. Check out the full cover and the story behind it on Spinner.
• Wayne Brady is heading back to 'How I Met Your Mother.' The host of 'Let's Make a Deal' is reprising his role of James, Barney's brother. Look for Ben Vereen to play Brady's father. According to TV Guide Magazine, the duo will appear in the second episode of this upcoming season.
• Megan Boone has joined the cast of 'Law and Order: Los Angeles.' Boone, who had a part in 'Sex and the City 2,' will play an ADA. According to Deadline Hollywood, Boone's character will be the ADA under Terrence Howard's DDA.
There's another Cagney & Lacey story in the news. CSI creator Anthony Zuiker wants to revive the show for CBS. For those who don't recall, Cagney & Lacey was the top female cop drama of the 1980's -- actually of all time. It was a serious police drama, unlike something jiggly like Charlie's Angels or safe and pedestrian like Police Woman.
Then it disappeared from the radar into the deep, deep depths of the TV pilot abyss.
However, according to the Hollywood Reporter, CBS is close to inking a deal to add The Man to the midseason schedule.
In this roundup of all the latest casting and pilot news, it says that ER star Shane West has been added to the cast of Supreme Courtships, a new FOX comedy that really has to get a new title before it hits the air.
Hmmm...does that mean he's leaving the NBC drama? Not that all pilots get picked up of course, but just the fact that he's starring in the pilot is interesting. I think when he joined ER it wasn't supposed to be a long term role. But now it seems like he's smack dab in the middle of all the action at the hospital: concentrating on his medical career instead of his music, being in a possible triangle with Gates and Neela, etc.
In other casting news,
The Nine's Daybreak's Adam Baldwin has joined the cast of NBC's Chuck, and LL Cool J will play a cop in CBS' Anthony Zuiker (CSI) drama The Man.
[via TV Tattle]
I like to think of it as CSI: In the House, as this does vaguely resemble the plot for LL's previous TV role on that fairly successful sitcom. LL appeared in an episode of House last season, as well as the movies Last Holiday and SWAT. There is nothing official on when this all might come to fruition, but given that it is CBS golden boy Zuiker, things should move quickly.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Bachelorette Finale: Who 'Won'? Who Wept? And Did Anybody Put a Ring on It?
- Once Upon a Time Season 4 Casts Shameless Star as Frozen's Hans; John Rhys-Davies to Voice Rock Troll
- First Look: Gracepoint Detective Issues a Stern Warning to Danny's Killer
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Arrow, Criminal Minds, Supernatural, Longmire, Castle and More
- 'Ship Shape: How Fave Pairs From Major Crimes, Defiance, Witches, Falling Skies and Other Shows Are Faring
- More From TVLine
- iJustine on the Selfie Making News Around The World
- Ian Somerhalder Puckers Up for One Lucky Fan
- Who Will Be Taking It All Off for 'Hair' at the Hollywood Bowl?
- Donald Sterling Loses Court Case, Sale of Clippers Can Go Forward
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting and her Husband's Romantic Weekend at the Saloon
- More From ET