Netflix has hired Anthony Park. Now, normally I wouldn't bother writing a post to let you know that a media company has gone and hired a developer. But Anthony Park happens to be the guy who created MyNetflix, one of the first Windows Media Center plugins that allowed you to stream videos from the Netflix web site on your TV using Windows Vista MCE.
Park says he'll be working on a research team "to build the next generation of the Netflix user experience." What that means is he'll be helping develop the user interface for accessing the Netflix service on a variety of different devices. If Netflix develops software for the Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, or AppleTV, Park could be involved in developing the GUI.
Park says he also plans to continue developing MyNetflix on his own time.
[via Ian Dixon]
MyNetflix is the evolution of the streaming plugin I told you about a few weeks ago. Developer Anthony Park has picked up on the work started by Ryan Hurst, and added the pretty MCML interface that makes MyNetflix look like it really belongs in Windows Vista Media Center.
MyNetflix is available as a public beta. As such, don't be surprised if not everything works perfectly. But development on the project has been pretty rapid, so I'd expect any major bugs to be stamped out pretty quickly. And of course, make sure to submit your bug reports to Park.
Incidentally, there's also a new plugin for SageTV that lets users of that media center suite browse and view Netflix videos as well.
[via Chris Lanier and Brent Evans]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge': Victoria Grayson's 10 Fiercest Moments
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Hot Tubs and Missing Shoes Confuse the Teams in Amsterdam
- 'Mad Men': 11 Times Joan Harris was a Total Badass
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Eye in the Sky'
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'First Lady Sings the Blues'
- More From BuddyTV
- Bruce Jenner's E! Docuseries About Transition Gets Summer Premiere Date
- Bruce Jenner Tells Diane Sawyer, 'I Am a Woman' in 20/20 Interview Special
- Disney Channel's Jessie Spinoff Gets Title, Premise, Cast Additions
- Grey's Anatomy's Latest Death: How Does It Rank Against Other TV Kills?
- Revenge: Will 'Star-Crossed' Emily and Jack End the Series Together?
- More From TVLine
- Bruce Jenner: 'I Am A Woman'
- Bruce Jenner's Family Show Their Support on Social Media
- Bruce Jenner: Kanye West Helped Kim Kardashian Understand His Transition
- Cobie Smulders on Her Battle with Ovarian Cancer: 'It Was a Very Hard Time For Me'
- Lady Gaga Calls Bruce Jenner Brave & More Celeb React on Social
- More From ET