I remember watching the halftime show of the 2004 Super Bowl and seeing Janet Jackson's nipple at the end of her duet with Justin Timberlake. I couldn't believe what I had just seen and I knew it was going to be a big thing. Of course, no one knew at the time just how big it was going to become. It actually changed the way TV shows are presented now.
But here's some good news for logic: a federal appeals court has thrown out the $550,000 fine that the FCC gave CBS for broadcasting the football boob scene. In the ruling the court said the FCC acted "arbitrarily and capriciously" when they handed out the fine.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Geoff Stults Books Recurring Roles in CBS' Odd Couple Remake and Netflix's Grace and Frankie
- Emmys 2014: Ausiello Picks Who Should and Will Win — Plus: Reader Poll Results!
- Rookie Blue Recap: Out With a Bang
- Big Brother Recap: Ice, Ice, Baby
- Vampire Diaries Season 6 Teaser: Damon Begs Elena to 'Move On'
- More From TVLine
- 'Dating Naked' Star Jessie Nizewitz Sues Over Uncensored Crotch Shot
- V. Stiviano Claims Donald Sterling is Gay and That She Was His 'Beard'
- Kelly Clarkson Debuts Post-Baby Body During ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- 50 Cent Challenges Floyd Mayweather to Read a 'Full Page' of 'Harry Potter'
- Rihanna Attends Ex Chris Brown's Basketball Game
- More From ET