I remember watching the halftime show of the 2004 Super Bowl and seeing Janet Jackson's nipple at the end of her duet with Justin Timberlake. I couldn't believe what I had just seen and I knew it was going to be a big thing. Of course, no one knew at the time just how big it was going to become. It actually changed the way TV shows are presented now.
But here's some good news for logic: a federal appeals court has thrown out the $550,000 fine that the FCC gave CBS for broadcasting the football boob scene. In the ruling the court said the FCC acted "arbitrarily and capriciously" when they handed out the fine.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: The Author is Revealed
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: The Ladies Try to Make Amends During a Girls' Getaway
- 'Secrets and Lies' Exclusive Interview: KaDee Strickland Teases Coming 'Threat, Urgency and Danger'
- 'Criminal Minds' Episode 10.19 Photos: Meet the FBI's International Unit
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.18 Photos: Elena Reevaluates Her Vampire Life
- More From BuddyTV
- Fear The Walking Dead: AMC Debuts First Spinoff Promo
- Once Recap: Author! Author! (AKA the Episode With Lotsa Answers)
- Quotes of the Week From The Royals, DWTS, Undateable and More
- Dwayne Johnson Hosts SNL: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015 Winners: Modern Family, Austin & Ally and More
- More From TVLine
- 8 Burning Questions We Have after Watching HBO's Scientology Doc, ‘Going Clear'
- iHeartRadio Music Awards 2015 Red Carpet Arrivals
- Op-Ed: Thank You, Angelina Jolie, For Celebrating Our Kids Who Are 'Different'
- Carrie Underwood Posts First Full Shot of Baby Isaiah
- Dwayne Johnson Hulks Out as President 'The Rock' Obama on 'SNL'
- More From ET