I remember watching the halftime show of the 2004 Super Bowl and seeing Janet Jackson's nipple at the end of her duet with Justin Timberlake. I couldn't believe what I had just seen and I knew it was going to be a big thing. Of course, no one knew at the time just how big it was going to become. It actually changed the way TV shows are presented now.
But here's some good news for logic: a federal appeals court has thrown out the $550,000 fine that the FCC gave CBS for broadcasting the football boob scene. In the ruling the court said the FCC acted "arbitrarily and capriciously" when they handed out the fine.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Glee Recap: Party Poopers
- Pilot News: Lost Vet Terry O'Quinn to Lead ABC Legal Drama The Adversaries
- Cartoon Network's Adventure Time Being Developed into Feature Film
- Pilot Scoop: Scrubs' Sarah Chalke to Co-Star in Fox's 48 Hours 'Til Monday
- Kelly Osbourne Exits Fashion Police — Read E! Network's Official Statement
- More From TVLine
- Found! Lupita Nyong'o's Stolen $150K Oscar Gown Returned to Scene of the Crime
- 'Looking' Cast Reveal Whether They Have More Sex Than Their Character
- Ronda Rousey On Her Big UFC Fight and Making 'Furious 7' With Paul Walker
- Khloe Kardashian Shares Super Skinny Selfie: 'People Love to Call Me the Fat One'
- NKOTB's Jonathan Knight on Being Outed and How 'The Amazing Race' Helped His Anxiety
- More From ET