I remember watching the halftime show of the 2004 Super Bowl and seeing Janet Jackson's nipple at the end of her duet with Justin Timberlake. I couldn't believe what I had just seen and I knew it was going to be a big thing. Of course, no one knew at the time just how big it was going to become. It actually changed the way TV shows are presented now.
But here's some good news for logic: a federal appeals court has thrown out the $550,000 fine that the FCC gave CBS for broadcasting the football boob scene. In the ruling the court said the FCC acted "arbitrarily and capriciously" when they handed out the fine.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Jessie Spinoff Sneak Peek: BUNK'D Forces the Rich Ross Kids to Rough It
- Exorcism: Live! Is Coming to Your TV
- Ratings: Big Brother Tops Night, Extant Holds Steady
- Throwback Thursday: 12 Memorable Sons of Anarchy Episodes to Revisit
- For Constance Zimmer, Complications Return and UnREAL Uncorks Its Finale
- More From TVLine
- Why Do Strong Female Characters in 'Mission: Impossible' Movies Keep Disappearing?
- Khloe Kardashian Explains Why She's Never Gotten a Boob Job — But Wants One
- Star Sightings July 2015
- EXCLUSIVE: Valerie Harper Rushed to Hospital, 'It Doesn't Look Good,' Source Says
- New Squad Goals! Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer Ride Out on a Jet Ski!
- More From ET