I remember watching the halftime show of the 2004 Super Bowl and seeing Janet Jackson's nipple at the end of her duet with Justin Timberlake. I couldn't believe what I had just seen and I knew it was going to be a big thing. Of course, no one knew at the time just how big it was going to become. It actually changed the way TV shows are presented now.
But here's some good news for logic: a federal appeals court has thrown out the $550,000 fine that the FCC gave CBS for broadcasting the football boob scene. In the ruling the court said the FCC acted "arbitrarily and capriciously" when they handed out the fine.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Awkward Season Premiere Recap: Exes and O's
- The Voice Playoffs Recap: The (Rise and) Fall of the House of Usher
- Glee Recap: The Seven Day Itch
- Dallas EP Previews Pamela's 'Vengeance,' Elena's Little Problem and More Season 3B Scoop
- Maya Rudolph Returning to NBC With Variety Special The Maya Rudolph Show
- More From TVLine
- Did Coachella Crash Instagram? Inside Social Media's Biggest Party
- Catherine Zeta-Jones & Michael Douglas Make First Red Carpet Appearance In A Year
- EXCLUSIVE: Drake Bell's 'Bitchcraft' Video Premiere
- Miley Cyrus Hospitalized, Cancels Tour Date
- 'NCIS' Sneak Peek: Juice Cleanse & More McNozzo Bromance!
- More From ET