I remember watching the halftime show of the 2004 Super Bowl and seeing Janet Jackson's nipple at the end of her duet with Justin Timberlake. I couldn't believe what I had just seen and I knew it was going to be a big thing. Of course, no one knew at the time just how big it was going to become. It actually changed the way TV shows are presented now.
But here's some good news for logic: a federal appeals court has thrown out the $550,000 fine that the FCC gave CBS for broadcasting the football boob scene. In the ruling the court said the FCC acted "arbitrarily and capriciously" when they handed out the fine.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Preview: Josh Versus Nick
- 'Sharknado 2' Interview: Why the Sequel Will 'Surpass Expectations'
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Kim and Kanye's Marriage Trouble Rumors
- 'The Strain' Recap: Nightmare Symptoms and Bad Parenting
- 'True Blood' Recap: Has Sookie Sentenced Bill to the True Death?
- More From BuddyTV
- Emmys 2014: What Should Win Best Drama Series? Take Our Poll!
- USA Picks Up Alien Invasion Pilot from Lost's Carlton Cuse, Ryan Condal
- Ratings: Wipeout, Rising Star Hit Lows
- Bates Motel Cast, EP Talk Norma's 'Innocence' and Romero's Backstory, Defend 'Desperate' Finale Kiss
- Orphan Black Cast Talks New Clone, 'Scary' Kiss, 'Badass' Donnie and More
- More From TVLine