armed and famous
A woman in Muncie, Indiana is suing CBS and Jack Osbourne because her home was mistakenly raided during the taping of an episode of reality show Armed & Famous (if you don't remember the show, it had C-list celebs like Osbourne and Erik Estrada as cops arresting people).
She's suing for $1 million, and named in the suit along with CBS and Osbourne are a Muncie police officer, the Muncie police chief, the Munice mayor, and the production company.
VH1 will air a marathon of Armed & Famous on Saturday, topped off with a new episode (#5) at 9 pm. VH1 says it doesn't actually have episodes 6 & 7 but it will air them if the producers get them finished. And the cable network is not ruling out a second season of the series.
Armed & Famous was pretty much doomed from the start. Even though it got a bit of press, it was still a 'reality' show about a bunch of not-so-famous people who become cops in a rural Indiana town. Pseudo-celebrities Erik Estrada, Jack Osbourne, La Toya Jackson, Wee Man and some blonde chick apparently weren't interesting enough to grab ratings. Duh.
What, "'George Lopez' is still on?," you ask. Yes, indeed. Ol' George is back, and it's nice to see him again. For all the hoo-ha over single-camera comedies like 'The Office' and '30 Rock,' a well-made traditional family sitcom is a valuable thing. Tonight, George and Angie discover they might not be empty-nesters when Carmen leaves for college after all.
- At 8, ABC has two new episodes of According To Jim.
- CBS has the premiere of Armed & Famous at 8.
- NBC has a new Friday Night Lights at 8.
- There's a new Beauty and the Geek on The CW at 8.
- At 9, President Bush addresses the nation on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, the major cable news outlets, and C-SPAN.
- A&E starts showing The Sopranos at 9.
- At 9:30, ABC has a new episode of In Case of Emergency (unless they decide to go with The Knights of Prosperity), followed by a new Primetime.
- NBC has Deal Or No Deal at 9:30.
- At 10, NBC has a new ep of Medium.
- MTV has a new Real World at 10.
- There's a new Inside the NFL at 10 on HBO.
- Also at 10: Bravo has a new Top Chef.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Erik Estrada blew up at a suspect while filming the reality show Armed and Famous.
- Donald Trump and Mark Burnett are being sued for age discrimination in choosing contestants for The Apprentice.
- Dr. 90210 says Britney Spears is aging at about 5 years per year. What's your real age?
If I had to guess which new reality show will probably be the first on the chopping block, I'd have to go with Armed and Famous. Then again, I said the same thing about The Surreal Life, and that show kept on truckin' and is still truckin', so maybe I'm actually going to help Armed and Famous succeed by saying it won't. Anyway, if you were planning on avoiding this show when it premieres on CBS January 10, the clip I placed below probably isn't going to change your mind. The clip features La Toya Jackson, Erik Estrada and Wee Man each getting tasered. Is it just me or does Jackson look like she's getting some kind of sick, sato-masochistic pleasure out of it? Either that, or the taser made her lose complete control of all muscle function and she spent the next three hours curled up in the fetal position weeping.
Also, here's a second clip with Estrada farting. Happy viewing.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Who can say no to a class full of second graders? Jay Leno gets guilted into eating vegetables.
- Evel Knievel is suing Kayne West for imitating him in a music video.
- CBS's upcoming reality show Armed and Dangerous is causing controversy by paying suspects to sign release forms.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Top 8 Performance Rankings
- 'Castle' Recap: Castle and Alexis Team Up to Catch a Killer
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.21 Photos: Oliver Joins the League of Assassins
- 'The Originals' Recap: Dahlia Offers Klaus a Deal
- 'The Voice' Recap: Gwen, Usher and Cee Lo Return to Advise the Top 8
- More From BuddyTV