February 1, 2015
by Joel Keller, posted Feb 10th 2010 5:01PM
If you were watching carefully during the now-momentous Letterman/Oprah/Leno promo for the 'Late Show' that aired during the Super Bowl, you'll notice that Dave was not wearing an #18 Peyton Manning Colts jersey, like he did in the 2007 promo with Oprah that kicked off this series. Instead, he wore a #70 Colts jersey, a number which is not on the team's current roster.
When I saw the promo for the tenth or eleventh time (for some reason, I still get a kick out of it), I vaguely recalled that #70 was the number for Art Donovan, a Hall of Fame defensive lineman for the then-Baltimore Colts in the '50s and '60s. He was also a frequent TV presence in the '80s and '90s, telling hilarious stories about his playing days on Letterman's shows, as well as many others.
Richard Roeper wondered this, too, and confirmed it in his column this morning. See what happens when you follow up a notion with a simple Google search?
More on Donovan, including video, after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Super Bowl 2015: Reviewing the Best & Worst Commercials (From the 1st Half)
- Super Bowl XLIX: Idina Menzel Sings the National Anthem — How'd She Do?
- Pilot News: ABC Orders Uncle Buck Adaptation, Gay Gym Teacher Comedy
- Quotes of the Week From Agent Carter, Arrow, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and More!
- J.K. Simmons Hosts SNL: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches!
- More From TVLine