August 31, 2015
by Brad Linder, posted Jul 8th 2008 6:31PM
Who says home theater PCs have to be expensive? Sometimes all you need is a PC that's small enough to look good next to your TV, cable box, and video game console, and powerful enough to handle HD video. It looks like the Acer Aspire X1200 might just fit the bill. And this tiny (10.6" x 4" x 14.4") computer has a starting price of just $450.
The low end model is available today and packs an AMD Athlon X2 dual core CPU, NVIDIA GeForce 8200 graphics, 4GB of RAM, a 320GB hard drive, a 16x DVD burner, a 14-in-1 card reader, and Windows Vista Home Premium. For a few bucks more you can get a faster CPU.
Or if you're willing to wait until July 13th you can get a $700 model with a 500GB hard drive and a 22-inch "widescreen LCD display." There's no word on what the resolution for that display will be, but $700 is a pretty decent price for a home theater PC packing Windows Media Center functionality as well as the bundled CyberLnk PowerDVD and Arcade Live software. Of course, you'll need to pony up some cash for a TV tuner if you want to watch or record live TV.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Live Blog: The Top 6 Dance and Two Go Home
- 10 TV Characters Having a Terrible Summer 2015
- CBS Cancels 'Under the Dome' After 3 Seasons
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 10?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Spoilers: Desperate Measures and a Surprise Wedding
- More From BuddyTV
- Awkward Season Premiere Recap: Naked and Betrayed
- Jane the Virgin Casts Pop Star Kesha as Jane's New [Spoiler] in Season 2
- All My Children Vet Vincent Irizarry Joins Days of Our Lives — Get Details
- Scream Boss on Wes Craven's Death: 'We Were Sucker-Punched'
- Under the Dome End Date Set, Series Finale to Air Sept. 10
- More From TVLine