March 9, 2014
by Brad Linder, posted Jul 8th 2008 6:31PM
Who says home theater PCs have to be expensive? Sometimes all you need is a PC that's small enough to look good next to your TV, cable box, and video game console, and powerful enough to handle HD video. It looks like the Acer Aspire X1200 might just fit the bill. And this tiny (10.6" x 4" x 14.4") computer has a starting price of just $450.
The low end model is available today and packs an AMD Athlon X2 dual core CPU, NVIDIA GeForce 8200 graphics, 4GB of RAM, a 320GB hard drive, a 16x DVD burner, a 14-in-1 card reader, and Windows Vista Home Premium. For a few bucks more you can get a faster CPU.
Or if you're willing to wait until July 13th you can get a $700 model with a 500GB hard drive and a 22-inch "widescreen LCD display." There's no word on what the resolution for that display will be, but $700 is a pretty decent price for a home theater PC packing Windows Media Center functionality as well as the bundled CyberLnk PowerDVD and Arcade Live software. Of course, you'll need to pony up some cash for a TV tuner if you want to watch or record live TV.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Saturday Night Live': Louis C.K. to host for second time on March 29
- 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey': Neil deGrasse Tyson and Seth MacFarlane traverse time and space
- 'Anger Management': Charlie Sheen delays production by not showing up to set
- 'True Detective,''The Walking Dead,''New Girl' and more of TV's best lines from the week of March 2-9
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live': Watch the best and worst sketches
- More From Zap2it
- Once Upon a Time Recap: Monkey Business!
- Jennifer Beals to Star in Supernatural Medical Drama Pilot for TNT
- Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Crazy Ones, Revolution, Modern Family, Oscars & More
- Lena Dunham Hosts Saturday Night Live: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- Louis C.K. Set for Saturday Night Live Encore
- More From TVLine