Brian Bonsall, the actor who played little Andy Keaton on Family Ties, has been picked up in Colorado for assault. Police arrested him for smashing a bar stool over his friend while the two were drinking. Drugs may also have been involved since the police report said, "He and Trujillo both are bipolar and like drugs. Bonsall said that he takes a lot of drugs and sometimes those drugs make him forget things."
It gets worse. Prosecutors believe he violated his probation from his previous assault involving a former girlfriend and filed a warrant for his arrest, so now he could face serious jail time.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Skating with Celebrities star Kristy Swanson found her way back into the headlines by getting into a brawl with her skating-partner-turned-boyfriend's ex-wife.
- Katharine McPhee fans are jumping on the bandwagon of sending snacks to important people.
- It doesn't matter if Rosie is the new host or not. The Price is Right is now dead to me without Bob Barker.
People magazine is reporting that Kristy actually blames Eisler's ex-wife for the altercation, though Kristy is the one who was arrested.
*Kristy's most recent gig was a guest stint on Law & Order where she played a character who was based on Anna Nicole Smith.
**UPDATE Kristy is pressing assault charges against Eisler's ex-wife. Canadian police took photos of bruises and cuts on Kristy's body. It sounds like quite a brawl. And they're fighting over this guy.
Of course, that's what Time Warner, HBO's (and our) parent company, said in a statement. But according to a statement from Albrecht, the resignation was tendered at the request of his TW bosses. Right after the incident happened, Albrecht was supposed to take a leave of absence so he can continue alcohol treatments and work with AA that he had discontinued, but other incidents involving assaults against women were revealed, prompting TW to ask for the executive's resignation.
The network's COO, Bill Nelson, will assume Albrecht's duties on an interim basis until a successor is found. Albrecht had been with the network since 1985.
Brian Bonsall, who played Andrew, the youngest Keaton on the NBC sitcom Family Ties, was arrested in Boulder, Colorado for assaulting his girlfriend. She told police that he threw an alcoholic drink in her face while she was asleep, choked her, and threw her onto a bed. Bonsall says it was all in self-defense, because she cut him with a steak knife.
"Well it's like we've been together, for a million years..."
This isn't the first time Bonsall has been in trouble with the police. In 2001 he was convicted of drunk driving, and in 2004 he was arrested for the same offense.
If you didn't watch Family Ties, Bonsall played Worf's son on Star Trek: The Next Generation and starred in the movie Blank Check.
Let me start by doing a bit of psychoanalysis on Susan. Is she just the type of woman who cannot stand on her own two feet without a man, or what? Her love for Mike is just over (snap!) the minute she finds him in bed with Edie? He is a recovering coma patient and Edie is manipulating him-- if Susan really loved him, I think she would cut him a little slack. But how could she know that he was about to start regaining his memory (and Edie's nurse costume would be the key!)?
Wow. If this is true, then Paula really needs to get help, and fast. It's one thing to act like a kook on AI, it's another to accuse someone of a felony just to cover up some personal embarrassment. Although it would have been funny to be at that party and see her be more "out of it" than she usually is.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Blake Shelton Hosts SNL: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Joe Franklin, Television Talk Show Pioneer, Dead at 88
- Performer of the Week: Allison Janney
- Ratings: Constantine and Dixie Tick Up, Glee Flat, Shark Tank Rerun Tops Night
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs from The Flash, Togetherness and More
- More From TVLine
- Surprise! Rihanna Drops New Song With Kanye West and Paul McCartney
- This Wrong 'Wheel of Fortune' Answer Kept Getting Repeated and Repeated
- Stars Hit the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- Lindsay Lohan Credits Her Calvin Kleins for Helping Fight Off Rare Virus
- Blake Shelton Is Giving Away His Music For Free
- More From ET