A TV carrier and a popular TV content provider are not seeing eye to eye when it comes to reimbursement rates and viewers might be left with a blank screen. This time it's the AT&T U-verse broadband service versus Rainbow Media, which operates AMC, WE tv and IFC.
In the balance is the season debut of the AMC hit 'Mad Men,' which airs July 25.
The two sides have been negotiating unsuccessfully for the past six months, according to a report on Deadline Hollywood. Their previous agreement expired July 1 and a new deadline is midnight, July 14.
After the jump, the original (yes, that's Peter Billingsley). It's funny how they didn't just grab the theme song they reproduced scenes from the original spot (though I bet a lot of people wouldn't even had remembered those scenes in the old ad without seeing it again).
I don't know how many people open their doors with their voice, but most of the other tech stuff has come true in one way or another.
[via David Pogue]
The world's first channel dedicated exclusively to shorts includes mini-films from around the world divided into different genre and theme collections. One of its more prominent shows, "Stars in Shorts" (See what I mean?), features major movie faces like Keira Knightley and Michael Cera appearing in original short-form productions.
There are actually some interesting titles in this ultimate short attention span line-up, including the Star Trek themed "Orion Slave Girls Must Die!" and the Disney examination, "Dream on Silly Dreamer."
Sure, we all have. So why don't you? Gathering an army takes time and most of us don't have many friends willing to take an arrow to the chest for us, much less a check. Arrows, while cheaper than bullets, can add up and aren't tax deductible. And I'm pretty sure that any looting and/or pillaging is a federal crime.
Mythbuster Adam Savage, however, has both the manpower and weaponry to pull just such a caper and he didn't have to bury one friend in a fiery ship at sea to do it.
It's also interesting that Idol rules state that power texting, the kind of texting that AT&T reps showed Kris Allen fans how to do, is against the rules. Isn't there some sort of built-in safety net for the voting? How can one fan vote over 10,000 times for one person? Shouldn't it be one person, one vote? Or one household, one vote? Or maybe one phone number, one vote? I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with the results. I have no idea. But it does seem that a better system could be in place.
So Kris Allen beat Adam Lambert by a ton of votes last week. You knew there would be a controversy, right? This one is based around AT&T. Seems they might have pushed the results toward Allen by having their reps at parties organized by fans of Allen and teaching them how to "power text," which apparently means sending 10 or more text messages at once. The New York Times has all the details.
|No way, Kris won fair and square||402 (43.5%)|
|It's fixed!||523 (56.5%)|
Have you ever noticed that men are often the butt of jokes on television? Whether it's the goofy, lazy husband on sitcoms or the incompetent, oversexed guy on TV commercials, men are often shown in a bad light (I know, I know, woman only make 70 cents for every $1.00 a man makes, but it's almost Father's Day so let's talk about this, OK?). AskMen.com has a list of the 10 worst male-bashing commercials on television.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The 100' Episode 2.6 Photos: Will Clarke Forgive Finn?
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.10 Photos: The Two Women in Jack's Life Finally Meet
- The History of Witches on 'Supernatural'
- 'The Walking Dead': 17 Signs Humanity Remains from 'Crossed'
- [Video] 'Supernatural' Preview: Dean's Online Dating Profile
- More From BuddyTV
- George Eads to Exit CSI
- True Detective: Rachel McAdams and Season 2 Character Details Confirmed
- Pilot Scoop: Michael Stahl-David to Star in TNT's '70s Drug Drama
- Emily Wickersham Talks NCIS Holiday Drama, Gibbs' Big Reveal to Bishop
- Ratings: AMAs Slip, Football Pops, Mulaney Down, Madam Sec'y Eyes Gain
- More From TVLine
- Did Selena Gomez Whisper Something To Justin Bieber During Her AMA Performance?
- Who Is the Highest Earning Celebrity Under 30?
- 'The Originals' Claire Holt on the Return of Rebekah and Which Brother Haley Should Date!
- The Best Marriage Advice That Jordan Knight Gave Nick Carter
- Jennifer Lawrence Gushes About Her 'Best Friend' Liam Hemsworth
- More From ET