A TV carrier and a popular TV content provider are not seeing eye to eye when it comes to reimbursement rates and viewers might be left with a blank screen. This time it's the AT&T U-verse broadband service versus Rainbow Media, which operates AMC, WE tv and IFC.
In the balance is the season debut of the AMC hit 'Mad Men,' which airs July 25.
The two sides have been negotiating unsuccessfully for the past six months, according to a report on Deadline Hollywood. Their previous agreement expired July 1 and a new deadline is midnight, July 14.
After the jump, the original (yes, that's Peter Billingsley). It's funny how they didn't just grab the theme song they reproduced scenes from the original spot (though I bet a lot of people wouldn't even had remembered those scenes in the old ad without seeing it again).
I don't know how many people open their doors with their voice, but most of the other tech stuff has come true in one way or another.
[via David Pogue]
The world's first channel dedicated exclusively to shorts includes mini-films from around the world divided into different genre and theme collections. One of its more prominent shows, "Stars in Shorts" (See what I mean?), features major movie faces like Keira Knightley and Michael Cera appearing in original short-form productions.
There are actually some interesting titles in this ultimate short attention span line-up, including the Star Trek themed "Orion Slave Girls Must Die!" and the Disney examination, "Dream on Silly Dreamer."
Sure, we all have. So why don't you? Gathering an army takes time and most of us don't have many friends willing to take an arrow to the chest for us, much less a check. Arrows, while cheaper than bullets, can add up and aren't tax deductible. And I'm pretty sure that any looting and/or pillaging is a federal crime.
Mythbuster Adam Savage, however, has both the manpower and weaponry to pull just such a caper and he didn't have to bury one friend in a fiery ship at sea to do it.
It's also interesting that Idol rules state that power texting, the kind of texting that AT&T reps showed Kris Allen fans how to do, is against the rules. Isn't there some sort of built-in safety net for the voting? How can one fan vote over 10,000 times for one person? Shouldn't it be one person, one vote? Or one household, one vote? Or maybe one phone number, one vote? I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with the results. I have no idea. But it does seem that a better system could be in place.
So Kris Allen beat Adam Lambert by a ton of votes last week. You knew there would be a controversy, right? This one is based around AT&T. Seems they might have pushed the results toward Allen by having their reps at parties organized by fans of Allen and teaching them how to "power text," which apparently means sending 10 or more text messages at once. The New York Times has all the details.
|No way, Kris won fair and square||402 (43.5%)|
|It's fixed!||523 (56.5%)|
Have you ever noticed that men are often the butt of jokes on television? Whether it's the goofy, lazy husband on sitcoms or the incompetent, oversexed guy on TV commercials, men are often shown in a bad light (I know, I know, woman only make 70 cents for every $1.00 a man makes, but it's almost Father's Day so let's talk about this, OK?). AskMen.com has a list of the 10 worst male-bashing commercials on television.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Cast Photos
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Revelation'
- 'Mistresses' Poll: Should Karen Have Chosen Jacob Over Anna?
- [Video] 'Bachelor in Paradise' Preview: Lots of Tears, Hookups and Regrets
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: A Possible Divorce, Another Arrest and a Broken Friendship
- More From BuddyTV
- Covert Affairs Casts Lynn Collins as 'Formidable' Russian Agent
- TVLine Items: Ken Jeong Plays Himself on MTV, James Garner Tribute and More
- What Happens Next, The Good Wife: Will Alicia Become State's Attorney?
- Suits Sneak Peek: Louis Gives Donna the Greatest Gift of All
- Once Upon a Time Casting Another Frozen Role — Who Should Fill It?
- More From TVLine
- Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello Step Out as One Hot Couple
- The Environmental Protection Agency Apologizes for Kim Kardashian Game Tweet
- George Harrison Memorial Tree Destroyed by Beetles
- EXCLUSIVE: Behind-the-Scenes of OneRepublic's Tour: 'We're Just Trying to Be as Good as Beyonce'
- Cops Called on Justin Bieber Six Times In Two Days
- More From ET