TiVo users can use the software to access MP3s stored in their iTunes directories on computers connected to the home network. You can then use a TiVo remote to browse your music library by artist, genre, album, or playlist.
The latest version of SuperSync also has a new help system, improved transfer stats, and support for several other digital audio players. A SuperSync license for 2 machines runs $29, with discounted options available for 5 and 10 machine licenses.
When I wrapped up my interview with Bruce McCulloch -- executive producer of ABC's Carpoolers and a member of the legendary comedy troupe Kids In The Hall -- I asked him if there was anything else he might be working on. "Yeah, I'm going to have a heart attack next March, and I wanted people to know about that," he joked. For a guy who has worn a lot of hats in his career, nothing has kept him busier than being the boss.
Carpoolers, a single-camera comedy premiering on ABC tonight at 8:30 PM ET, is about four guys who use their carpool to explore what's going on in each other's lives. The show is McCulloch's brainchild, which means he's involved with everything from the writing to how many donuts will be on the craft services table. Yet he still has time to write and perform his own surreal works, as well as perform occasionally with the Kids, who have been together for almost a quarter-century.
I got a chance to speak to McCulloch last week, and we talked about what it's like to premiere after the season's most lambasted new show (Cavemen), what parts of himself he sees in each of his main characters, what it's like to work with Fred Goss and Jerry O'Connell (who spoke to our friends at AOL last week), and why the Kids have managed to stay together for so long. Highlights are after the jump, as well as an audio embed of the interview (35 minutes).
We all know B.J. Novak as Ryan Howard on The Office (he's also a writer and associate producer on the series). However, long before that, he was sharpening his comedic skills on the unsuspecting patrons of the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.
Give Me My Remote has the scoop, straight from Novak's MySpace: while in high school B.J. and his brother decided to swipe the cassettes used for audio tours at the museum and replace them with their own tour, complete with Chinese music and everything (the tapes were for the Chinese art exhibit). The boys recruited fifteen of their friends to sneakily replace the regular cassettes with the new ones, thus giving museum goers a tour unlike any other.
You can download the Novaks' audio tour via iTunes by clicking here. Trust me, it's worth it. This is one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time.
i don't really want to report for i-Report.
That's what CNN calls the video and picture reports that its viewers send in. You're supposed to e-mail or phone any reports you might get from news that's breaking: natural disasters, fires, car chases, celebrity sightings, whatever. I haven't seen too many of these reports on the network (though it is a regular thing so I've probably just missed them), but do they credit you with the pictures/video/audio or just give a general "here's footage shot from a CNN viewer" nod? And I'm sure they don't pay you, right? That would be a whole different level. So you're basically a photographer/videographer for CNN but you don't get paid or any other benefits from it. I bet they'd even frown on you using something on your resume like "correspondent for CNN's i-Report division."
Anyone out there ever send anything in to CNN (or MSNBC/Fox News)?
If you didn't get your fill of voice actor Billy West when Joel interviewed him awhile ago, you can listen to an audio interview with the voice actor on the Paul Harris Show by clicking here. West, who, as many of you know, did the voices of a bunch of the characters on Futurama, plus the voice of both Ren and Stimpy during part of that show's run, not to mention a ton of other characters both classic and new. West talks about how he comes up with voices for the characters, and tells a funny story about watching The Diary of Anne Frank because one of the actors, Lou Jacobi, was part of his inspiration for the voice of Zoidberg on Futurama. He also talks about how voice actors often get treated like second class citizens in Hollywoodland. A very funny interview, definitely worth checking out.
[via Mark Evanier]
- How did the week start out? Sad, sad passings away, that's how.
- More on Keith's top five single-word
catchphrases, and how I may have changed it. D'oh!
- Alias is returning -- finally!
- Ryan's new experiment: Cartoon Corner
- Ad-supported ABC shows -- C'mon iTunes, take a lesson.
- Spoilers -- more than previous weeks!
Grab the file directly (link), subscribe to our podcast RSS feed (link), or visit the iTunes music store (link). (Running time: 37:27)
Want to contact us about the podcast and maybe have your email read next time? Make sure you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Amazing Race' Finale U-Turn Award: Fool Me Twice
- 'Revenge': Winners and Losers from 'Surrender'
- 'Nashville' Preview: 5 Compelling Reasons to Watch the Season 2 Midseason Finale
- [Video] 'Almost Human' Sneak Peek: Kennex Finds Out What's Down There
- [Video] 'Sleepy Hollow' Sneak Peek: Ichabod Takes Extreme Measures for the Truth About His Son
- More From BuddyTV
- TV ratings: 'Amazing Race' finale down, 'Family Guy' up Sunday
- Will 'Psych: The Musical' join 'Buffy,''Scrubs' as the top musical episodes of TV?
- 'American Idol' judges to perform together? 'I'm game for anything,' says Harry Connick Jr.
- 'Survivor's' Caleb Bankston: Colton and I are getting married next October
- 'Six by Sondheim': Darren Criss, America Ferrera give fresh voice to Stephen Sondheim classics
- More From Zap2it
- Spoiler Alert!: Once Casting Quarrel, Scandal Bait and Switch, Bold Community, Castle Predictions
- Ratings: Amazing Race Hits Finale Low, Once Rises, Betrayal Returns Down
- USA Network Moves Suits Back to Thursday, Sets Premiere Date for Psych Season 8
- What to Watch Monday: The Sing-Off Returns, Sleepy Fall Finale, Christmas Light Fight and More
- Revenge Recap: The Bitch Is Back!
- More From TVLine