According to Moviefone, Deadline.com is reporting that a meeting at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences involved a discussion that could lead to the 83rd Academy Awards ceremony being aired in January, as opposed to its usual date in late February/early March. (This isn't the first date change, the first ceremony was actually held in May.)
Last year's Academy Awards was the highest watched telecast since 2005 with over 40 million viewers, so ratings shouldn't be the problem.
But what everyone surely wants to know: was Jon
Stewart funny? Someone
wrote about how Stewart was an odd choice, given that he's all about New York, and news, whereas Hollywood is about
Los Angeles, and fiction. I didn't see the disconnect - don't most of today's stars have homes both in LA and NYC? -
but, still, I was worried. Jon seemed pretty nervous on his Daily Show performances leading up to the Oscars.
Jon's the sort of guy who (despite his ever-present sarcasm) wears his heart on his sleeve. He uses the comedic device
of truth, and geekiness. And that's what is oddest about having him at the Academy Awards. Self-effacing
truthful geekiness is so out of place next to Jessica Alba (who, to follow a tangent Stewart started me upon, I
definitely would not pick to repopulate the earth).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Corpse at the Convention'
- November 2014: Don't Miss These 12 TV Shows and Events
- 15 Beloved Characters We Lost on 'Supernatural'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': 19 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'The World Has Turned and Left Me Here'
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4 Premiere: Ranking the Looks of 'Made in Manhattan'
- More From BuddyTV
- The Originals Photos: Esther Tortures Elijah — Plus: Her Master Plan Revealed
- TVLine Items: Bradley Cooper's Limitless Pilot, Vicious Season 2 & More
- Bob's Burgers Sneak Peek: Tina Tries to Scare Up a Halloween Date
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Video: Terry (and Terry) Learn All About 'Silent Disco'
- Arrow First Look: Charlotte Ross Debuts as Felicity's Smoakin' Mom
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE! How 'Big Bang Theory' Surprised Fans With Billy Bob Thornton's Guest Spot!
- Beyonce and Blue Ivy Flawlessly Honor the Jacksons on Halloween
- Katy Perry Officially Won Halloween – Don't Even Try to Beat Her Flamin' Hot Cheeto Costume
- Starbucks Will Soon Begin Delivering Coffee!
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Freaky 'Frankenstein' Makeover
- More From ET