According to Moviefone, Deadline.com is reporting that a meeting at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences involved a discussion that could lead to the 83rd Academy Awards ceremony being aired in January, as opposed to its usual date in late February/early March. (This isn't the first date change, the first ceremony was actually held in May.)
Last year's Academy Awards was the highest watched telecast since 2005 with over 40 million viewers, so ratings shouldn't be the problem.
But what everyone surely wants to know: was Jon
Stewart funny? Someone
wrote about how Stewart was an odd choice, given that he's all about New York, and news, whereas Hollywood is about
Los Angeles, and fiction. I didn't see the disconnect - don't most of today's stars have homes both in LA and NYC? -
but, still, I was worried. Jon seemed pretty nervous on his Daily Show performances leading up to the Oscars.
Jon's the sort of guy who (despite his ever-present sarcasm) wears his heart on his sleeve. He uses the comedic device
of truth, and geekiness. And that's what is oddest about having him at the Academy Awards. Self-effacing
truthful geekiness is so out of place next to Jessica Alba (who, to follow a tangent Stewart started me upon, I
definitely would not pick to repopulate the earth).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Recap: Devotion and Desperation Lead to Big Moves and Confrontations
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Dealing with Pestilence
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- More From BuddyTV
- Orphan Black Boss Talks [Spoiler]'s Sacrifice, Angry Felix, Twerking Alison
- Saturday Night Live: Watch Season 40's 15 Best Sketches Now!
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Grant Gustin
- Fuller House: Olsen Twins Not Returning as Michelle, EP Confirms
- The Good Wife: Matthew Goode Exits Ahead of Season 7
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries' Failed Wedding Birthed A New California Law
- Celebs React to Ireland's Historic Same-Sex Marriage Vote
- Sharon Osbourne to Take Month Leave From 'The Talk' After Collapse
- 'One Tree Hill' star Jana Kramer Marries NFL Player Michael Caussin
- Star Sightings May 2015
- More From ET