'The Bachelorette' (8PM ET, ABC)
Ashley's journey comes to an end in Fiji, but will her happy ending come courtesy of Ben or JP? It won't be smooth sailing to get to the final rose, either -- one guy has her family's blessing, and the other is declared a mismatch by Ashley's sister, oops!
'Moby Dick' (8PM ET, Encore) miniseries premiere
This lavish literary adaptation sees William Hurt and Ethan Hawke in pursuit of the great white whale in a three hour miniseries that will air across two consecutive nights. Donald Sutherland and Gillian Anderson also star.
The drama shifts from a male teen with a big situation to a female teen with a whole different kind of problem to deal with. While RJ's truth was accidentally revealed to the entire school, leading to all kinds of problems, Jenna's problem is in many ways much worse because a non-truth about her begins to define people's perceptions of her.
The show does have one similiarity with the long-running 'One Tree Hill,' though: It stars 'OTH' alum Ashley Rickards as Jenna, an angst-ridden teen who becomes a pseudo-celebrity after an accident everyone mistook for a suicide attempt.
The dark comedy also stars Canadian hunk Beau Mirchoff ('Desperate Housewives') as Matty, Jenna's popular jock love interest. We caught up with Mirchoff to get the low-down on 'Awkward.' He also dishes about set pranks, his nude scene and which 'Desperate Housewife' turned him into a stammering school boy.
After a very close audience vote, host Sarah Murdoch (daughter-in-law of mogul Rupert Murdoch), crowned Kelsey Martinovich as 'Australia's Next Top Model.' Her family, fans and friends went nuts and Martinovich began to thank everyone who helped her.
That's when things got weird. Murdoch started holding her ear-bud and saying, "I'm so sorry, oh my god, I don't know what to say." The crowd sat in long stunned silence, not knowing what she was talking about.
A defeated Murdoch then stammered the real winner's name: Amanda Ware. Awkward! You have to see it to believe it. But beware, it's so cringe-worthy it'll have your stomach doing back flips.
I wasn't there when we won WWII, but I imagine the joy I felt when a new Office showed up in my TiVo was similar to what it felt like on V.E. day. I almost wanted to dress up in a sailor uniform and give Steve Carell a long, deep kiss in Times Square (though, to be fair, I almost always feel that way). I was happy The Office was back, the only thing I worried about was whether it'd still be good...
Via Digg comes ten YouTube clips featuring some of the most awkward television interviews ever conducted. Some of them are classic, such as Barbara Walters asking Katherine Hepburn what kind of a tree she'd like to be, but most of them are fairly recent: Michael Richards on Letterman, a seemingly spaced-out Paula Abdul, and Tom Cruise talking down to Matt Lauer. My favorite is the various clips of Mike Tyson being, well, Mike Tyson.
I don't have much interest in game shows, but I do try to catch Jeopardy! every day. First of all, it's a somewhat more intellectually stimulating than Wheel of Fortune, and it allows me to sit alone in my apartment and yell things out like, "What is 'Paul's letter to the Corinthians!'" and then sit back with an expression of smug self-satisfaction. Of course, that's usually after listening to twenty other answers whose questions I didn't know.
Most of all, however, I tune in for Alex Trebek and those always awkward exchanges between himself and the guests when he tries to learn a little more about them. Trebek has a tendency to say exactly the wrong thing, or to say things that don't quite make sense. Yesterday during the Tournament of Champions, he had this exchange with a contestant, Mike, after Mike told him about a shower curtain he and his wife received which had a map of the world on it:
Alex: Do [you and your wife] shower together?
Mike [Smiling nervously]: I'm not gonna answer that.
Alex: You're husband and wife, it's okay.
Mike [Still smiling nervously]: I'm still not gonna answer that.
Ah, it's gems like that which keep me tuned in to this show every day.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 11 Finale Photos: Kaitlyn Says Yes!
- 'Dance Moms' Recap: Can the ALDC Maintain the Top Spot in the Competition?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Premiere Photos: Who Will the Mystery Woman Be?
- 15 Times Taylor Swift Lyrics Perfectly Described 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Stitchers' Recap: Kirsten Gives Liam an Answer to His Proposal
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Exhibit 'A'
- Graceland Sneak Peek: Jakes Suits Up for Charlie's 'Swamp People' Sting
- Banshee Sets End Date: Season 4 Will Be Cinemax Drama's Last
- Longmire Team on Season 4's 'Second Chances' Theme, A&E Cancellation
- NBC's The Wiz Casts Queen Latifah as Wizard, Mary J. Blige as Wicked Witch
- More From TVLine
- Victoria's Secret's Newest Angels on How They Plan to Keep Their Personal Lives Private
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen Go on Drug-Filled Xmas Adventure in 'The Night Before' Red-Band Trailer
- New Victoria's Secret Angels Want to Join Taylor Swift's Squad: 'It'd Be a Lot of Fun!'
- 'Wet Hot American Summer' Cast: Then and Now
- '13 Hours' Trailer: Michael Bay's Benghazi Film Is Surprisingly Emotional, Still Has Huge Explosions
- More From ET