On Friday, May 30, the experimental episode will show how The View is made, by lifting the curtain so you can see how the magic happens. They've chosen to show the upside down, backstage View on that Friday - and don't worry about marking it in your calendar. You can expect plenty of reminders from Barbara Walters (if she's there), Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Sherri Shepherd. With all that behind the scenes footage, only half of the show as seen originally -- from the camera's point of view -- will be seen.
Over on NBC's site for SNL, there's a new (I'm pretty sure it's new*) section called Saturday Night Live Backstage. The section includes backstage videos (natch) and an interactive feature called "Star in Weekend Update" that allows registered users to edited together clips from the "Weekend Update" segment into an annoying, confusing mess that's not even remotely amusing.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 4B key art first look: 'New truth. New enemy. New year.'
- 'The Sing-Off' Season 4: Backup singers Ten hit the spotlight
- FX picks up 'Tyrant' to series; 'Homeland' producers' drama set for summer 2014
- 'Arrow': Robert Knepper cast as bad guy 'Clock King'
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Jackson wants to direct an episode about rugby?
- More From Zap2it
- Ratings: Sons Delivers Most Watched Finale Ever
- 13 Musicals We'd Like to See Performed Live on TV (and Who We'd Cast as the Leads)
- Once Upon a Time EPs Tease Midseason Finale's 'Devastating' Twist, 'Compelling' Spring Story Arc
- TVLine Items: Nick Jonas Returns to Hawaii, BIO Channel Replaced, Bridge Promotions and More
- Exclusive: Arrow Casts Prison Break Baddie Robert Knepper as DC Villain [Spoiler]
- More From TVLine