On Friday, May 30, the experimental episode will show how The View is made, by lifting the curtain so you can see how the magic happens. They've chosen to show the upside down, backstage View on that Friday - and don't worry about marking it in your calendar. You can expect plenty of reminders from Barbara Walters (if she's there), Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Sherri Shepherd. With all that behind the scenes footage, only half of the show as seen originally -- from the camera's point of view -- will be seen.
Over on NBC's site for SNL, there's a new (I'm pretty sure it's new*) section called Saturday Night Live Backstage. The section includes backstage videos (natch) and an interactive feature called "Star in Weekend Update" that allows registered users to edited together clips from the "Weekend Update" segment into an annoying, confusing mess that's not even remotely amusing.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 2.21 Photos: The Mirakuru Soldiers
- 'The Originals': 15 Shocking Moments from 'An Unblinking Death'
- 'The Bachelorette' Contestant Eric Hill Dies After Paragliding Accident
- USA Sets Summer Premiere Dates for 'Suits,' 'Graceland,' 'Covert Affairs' and More
- 'RHOA': Phaedra Parks Talks About Her Marriage Issues and Reunion Drama
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: VH1 Cancels Best Week Ever, NBC Plans Coldplay Concert Special and More
- Exclusive Reign First Look: Francis, Mary and Catherine Get a Nasty Surprise
- Parks and Rec's Amy Poehler & Mike Schur on the Season Finale ('Big Things Happen'), Baby Mania
- May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Favorite Series' Season-Ending Episodes
- Charlize Theron and Andy Samberg to Host Final Saturday Night Live Episodes of the Season
- More From TVLine