September 2, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Feb 10th 2010 5:01PM
If you were watching carefully during the now-momentous Letterman/Oprah/Leno promo for the 'Late Show' that aired during the Super Bowl, you'll notice that Dave was not wearing an #18 Peyton Manning Colts jersey, like he did in the 2007 promo with Oprah that kicked off this series. Instead, he wore a #70 Colts jersey, a number which is not on the team's current roster.
When I saw the promo for the tenth or eleventh time (for some reason, I still get a kick out of it), I vaguely recalled that #70 was the number for Art Donovan, a Hall of Fame defensive lineman for the then-Baltimore Colts in the '50s and '60s. He was also a frequent TV presence in the '80s and '90s, telling hilarious stories about his playing days on Letterman's shows, as well as many others.
Richard Roeper wondered this, too, and confirmed it in his column this morning. See what happens when you follow up a notion with a simple Google search?
More on Donovan, including video, after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Gang Related Cut After One Season
- Supernatural Season 10 Poster Promises Demonic Struggles
- Suits Bad Boy Brendan Hines Fitted for a Recurring Role on CBS' Scorpion
- Netflix's Hemlock Grove Renewed for Third (and Final!) Season
- More From TVLine
- Mark Wahlberg Not Attending Brother Donnie's Wedding To Jenny McCarthy
- Meghan Trainor Bares All: Her Unexpected Big Break, Being Bullied and Embracing Her Body
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Everything in New 'Gown'
- Justin Bieber Arrested During ATV Date With Selena Gomez, Charged With Assault
- 'Magic Mike' Sequel Reveals Big New Title
- More From ET