August 22, 2014
by Joel Keller, posted Feb 10th 2010 5:01PM
If you were watching carefully during the now-momentous Letterman/Oprah/Leno promo for the 'Late Show' that aired during the Super Bowl, you'll notice that Dave was not wearing an #18 Peyton Manning Colts jersey, like he did in the 2007 promo with Oprah that kicked off this series. Instead, he wore a #70 Colts jersey, a number which is not on the team's current roster.
When I saw the promo for the tenth or eleventh time (for some reason, I still get a kick out of it), I vaguely recalled that #70 was the number for Art Donovan, a Hall of Fame defensive lineman for the then-Baltimore Colts in the '50s and '60s. He was also a frequent TV presence in the '80s and '90s, telling hilarious stories about his playing days on Letterman's shows, as well as many others.
Richard Roeper wondered this, too, and confirmed it in his column this morning. See what happens when you follow up a notion with a simple Google search?
More on Donovan, including video, after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Mindy Project: Niecy Nash Joins Season 3 Cast as Mindy's New Rival
- Vampire Diaries Season 6: Elena's 'Drug Problem' Revealed in New Teaser
- Enlisted Officially Discharged as Yahoo Passes on a Second Season
- TVLine Items: Paul Reubens Gets Blacklisted, an OITNB Return & More
- Is Dome Too Tech Savvy? Should Rookie Cop Quit? Ship Happens on The Strain? Sex Wife Insane? And More Qs
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' Video Director Hits Back at Racist Claims
- Miley Cyrus Concert Banned in Dominican Republic
- The Spider-Woman Cover That Looks Like A Nicki Minaj Parody Became One
- The Voice Season 7: Watch New Coaches Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams in Action!
- Stacy Keibler Gives Birth to a Baby Girl!
- More From ET