The Barenaked Ladies were one of many bands I had a brief infatuation with, but soon delegated them to "not bad, but I can't listen to them all the time" status. Still, the fellas know how to craft a good pop tune and they have great vocal harmonies, so I don't mind taking their CDs for a spin every now and again.
The band recently filmed a two-hour concert in Detroit, which will be available on TV. Or, alternatively, you can watch the concert on PBS.
The name of the supposed winner is after the jump:
Many assumed he accepted on the spot, but in numerous interviews Daughtry said he hadn't yet decided. That is, until now. Chris Daughtry has officially turned down the spot as Brett Scallion's replacement in Fuel, stating that he'll be doing his "own thing." He says to expect an announcement regarding his future plans within the coming months.
If you're a fan of U2 and are kicking yourself for missing them perform not one but three songs when Late Night with Conan O'Brien dedicated an entire episode to them in October, you can catch a repeat of the episode this evening. This was the first time Conan dedicated an entire show to one musical guest, but others followed, including the White Stripes and Neil Young.
[via Pop Candy]
Most people would agree that venerable newsman Mike Wallace has been an extremely influential force in TV news. Even in his late eighties the man is still well-respected. It seems, though, that his influence has stretched beyond mere journalism. During an in-studio performance and interview, singer Jack White of the White Stripes revealed that he got the name for his new band, The Raconteurs, from an article about Mike Wallace. The article described Wallace as a "raconteur," which means a person skilled at telling anecdotes. White apparently liked how the name sounded, and thus his band had a name. What still remains a mystery is whether Wang Chung got their name from Connie Chung.
Is the creator of Ren and Stimpy going to create a cartoon for the kindergarten set? I have no idea, but he wants to. I know the link is a couple months old, but the story actually goes back to the late 90s. That's when Kricfalusi created some animated spots for Old Navy featuring a group of little girls who will also star in his new venture, titled The Hearthaches. From what I can gather, there's no studio attached to this, so it's still in the "pitch" phase. Nevertheless, I would love to see the kind of spirit and energy put into so many of Kricfalusi's grotesque-but-hysterical cartoons filtered through a more "girly" lens.
Regarding his approach to the series, Kricfalusi wrote this: "I feel my duty is to make cartoons that have tons of fun and magic in them. I wouldn't give kids asparagus ice cream you know. I give neopolitan [sic]."
That should be the mantra of anyone who makes animated programs for children.
You can still apply to be on the show at the Rolling Stone website or at MTV.com. The deadline is April 7.
NBC is currently taking applications in the form of VHS tapes from singers or bands. Producers will narrow the contestants down to 100 and present them in small groups each week this summer. Viewers will have a week to vote on their favorite performer(s) and the winner will move on to the next round.
[Via Lost Remote]
Here are a list of audition dates and cities, if you rock:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 11 Finale Photos: Kaitlyn Says Yes!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Premiere Photos: Who Will the Mystery Woman Be?
- 15 Times Taylor Swift Lyrics Perfectly Described 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 11: Ranking the 11 Most Memorable Meltdowns
- 'Teen Wolf': 17 Freaky Moments from 'Required Reading'
- More From BuddyTV
- Banshee Sets End Date: Season 4 Will Be Cinemax Drama's Last
- Longmire Team on Season 4's 'Second Chances' Theme, A&E Cancellation
- NBC's The Wiz Casts Queen Latifah as Wizard, Mary J. Blige as Wicked Witch
- TV's Steamiest Sex: Watch Pulse-Raising OITNB, Scandal and Thrones Scenes (*If Your Boss Isn't Looking)
- Bloodline Season 2: Ben Mendelsohn Returning as Series Regular
- More From TVLine
- Stars Share Pics of Their Cute Kids
- Justin Bieber Surprises Young Boy With Down Syndrome, Makes Entire Family Cry
- Khloe Kardashian's Personal Trainer Says She's an 'Animal'
- Tragedy Strikes Ex-College Cheerleader on 'Extreme Weight Loss'
- Chris Hemsworth's Brothers Made It a Family Affair at 'Vacation' Premiere
- More From ET