Actor Pat Corley was probably best known as Phil, the gruff owner of the bar where the Murphy Brown hung out all the time. But he had a long career in TV and movies.
Besides appearances on tons of TV shows, from Kojak and Starsky and Hutch and Magnum, P.I. and Hill Street Blues, he was also in several movies, including Coming Home, The Onion Field, The Rose, and Night Shift. Corley actually started out as a ballet dancer!
Corley died earlier this week after coronary stent surgery.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Recap: Mona Returns to Rosewood and Drops a Bombshell
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: Explosions, Freefalls and Extreme Horseback Riding
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: The Plan to Save Jace
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: Scott Considers Adding a New Pack Member Over Stiles' Objections
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' 100th Episode Recap: Does Sonja Finally Stick Up for Herself?
- More From BuddyTV
- Selena Gomez Finally Confirms She and Zedd 'Had a Thing'
- Bristol Palin Holds a Shotgun in New Instagram Pic Amid Pregnancy Controversy
- Awkward? Jennifer Lawrence Is Scoping Out NYC Apartments Near Gwyneth Paltrow
- Sean Penn Reportedly Takes Minka Kelly on Extravagant Birthday Dinner Date
- 'RHONY' Hits 100 Episodes: Looking Back at 'Scary Island' and the Ladies' Best Fights Ever!
- More From ET