Actor Pat Corley was probably best known as Phil, the gruff owner of the bar where the Murphy Brown hung out all the time. But he had a long career in TV and movies.
Besides appearances on tons of TV shows, from Kojak and Starsky and Hutch and Magnum, P.I. and Hill Street Blues, he was also in several movies, including Coming Home, The Onion Field, The Rose, and Night Shift. Corley actually started out as a ballet dancer!
Corley died earlier this week after coronary stent surgery.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Episode 5.24 Photos: The End of Alison's Trial Brings a Surprise Witness
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Blake Shelton's Team
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Christina Aguilera's Team
- 'Arrow': Will a Main Character Die in Season 3?
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Meet Pharrell Williams' Team
- More From BuddyTV
- The 100 Recap: 'It Can't Be Over'
- Empire Post Mortem: Trai Byers on That Explosive Elevator Scene, Bipolar Stigma and Rhonda's 'Betrayal'
- American Idol Top 8 Guys Recap: W(ednesday's) T(errible) F(allout)
- American Idol: The Top 24's Motown Week Song Choices Revealed!
- Catfish's Nev Schulman Grades 7 of TV's Top Impostors from Arrow to PLL
- More From TVLine
- 'The Avengers' Super Dads Hemsworth, Downey Jr. and Ruffalo Reveal Their Secrets!
- Willow Smith Wants to Wear Dreads and Learn Martial Arts
- Journalist Fat-Shaming Kelly Clarkson Says Her Criticism Is Needed
- A Shirtless Justin Bieber Covers 'Men's Health,' Talks Growing Up Too Fast
- There's an Island in Japan Where Cats Outnumber People 6 to 1
- More From ET