Actor Pat Corley was probably best known as Phil, the gruff owner of the bar where the Murphy Brown hung out all the time. But he had a long career in TV and movies.
Besides appearances on tons of TV shows, from Kojak and Starsky and Hutch and Magnum, P.I. and Hill Street Blues, he was also in several movies, including Coming Home, The Onion Field, The Rose, and Night Shift. Corley actually started out as a ballet dancer!
Corley died earlier this week after coronary stent surgery.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Blacklist' Post-Super Bowl Episode Photos: Will Liz and the Team Save Reddington in Time?
- 'Castle' Episode 7.14 Photos: The Return of 3XK
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Winter Premiere Photos: The Investigation into Annalise's 'Missing' Husband Begins
- 2015 SAG Awards: Red Carpet Photos
- 'Sleepy Hollow': Can Katrina Be Trusted?
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle First Look: Devious Dr. Nieman Returns — And Is She Not Alone...?
- Prison Break's Amaury Nolasco Joins Eva Longoria's Telenovela for NBC
- David Tennant Joins Jessica Jones Series as the Marvel Villain Kilgrave
- TVLine Items: Full House Reunion Video, DirecTV Premiere Dates & More
- Fox Developing X-Men TV Series: What/Who Should It Be About?
- More From TVLine
- Kate Hudson Shows Off Insane Body in Skin-Bearing Dress
- Nikki Reed Coyly Confirms Engagement to Ian Somerhalder
- Stop What You're Doing and Fall in Love With This Epic Medley of Disney Songs
- Zach Galifianakis Was Nearly Unrecognizable at the SAG Awards
- Sam Smith Adds Tom Petty as Co-Writer of ‘Stay With Me'
- More From ET