I discovered that as brilliant as she is a performer, Sharon Gless is also a class act with the media. She talked about another Cagney & Lacey, Tyne Daly, acting, playing villains, Kim Cattrall and much more. Read on and you'll see -- as I did -- why you'd gush to if you were face-to-face with Sharon Gless.
Before you get a copy of this DVD you have to do two things: Watch the TV movie with Loretta Swit as Chris Cagney, and completely forget that Meg Foster ever played the part at all.
The DVD collection of the first season of Cagney & Lacey contains no episodes featuring Meg Foster. This comes as little surprise considering all the drama that accompanied getting C&L on the air in the first place.
As with most DVD collections, this one is really only for original fans of the show. The picture quality has been improved very little, if at all, and the episodes are dripping with '80s cop drama earmarks, but still you can't ignore the groundbreaking plot lines. Aside from the daily struggle Christine & Mary Beth face as female detectives, there are also episodes about drug abuse, date rape and struggles with alcoholism that, for the time, were incredibly ground breaking.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Once Upon a Time Season 4 Adds Shameless Star to Frozen Mix; John Rhys-Davies to Voice Rock Troll
- First Look: Gracepoint Detective Issues a Stern Warning to Danny's Killer
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Arrow, Criminal Minds, Supernatural, Longmire, Castle and More
- 'Ship Shape: How Fave Pairs From Major Crimes, Defiance, Witches, Falling Skies and Other Shows Are Faring
- TVLine Items: Fringe Fave Goes Orange, Ferb Gets Lost, Vikings Trailer and More
- More From TVLine
- Who Will Be Taking It All Off for 'Hair' at the Hollywood Bowl?
- Donald Sterling Loses Court Case, Sale of Clippers Can Go Forward
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting and her Husband's Romantic Weekend at the Saloon
- Michael Sorrentino ‘The Situation' Sentenced to Anger Management
- EXCLUSIVE! Channing Tatum Teases 'Magic Mike 2' Will Be 'Very Different'—Find Out How!
- More From ET