Julia will have her review of the new HBO series John From Cincinnati when it premieres after the Sopranos finale on June 10, but San Francisco Chronicle critic Tim Goodman has seen the first three episodes, and he's not impressed. In fact, he's depressed.
Goodman says that the heads of fans of David Milch's other show, Deadwood, will "explode" when they see this, that they would get rid of Deadwood just to air this show. He won't have his full review 'til Sunday, but on his blog, Goodman says that HBO made "a total blunder" and that the show is just "a total mess." Wow, I guess we'll have to wait for his full review to find out what he really thinks.
As I said yesterday, I'm going to give it a shot. I mean, the previews are just so bizarre that you have to check it out.
As we've noted here before, and I'm sure you've noticed, Saturday night is the oddest night for television. It used to be great (remember CBS' lineup in the 70s?), but now it's just a night when no one watches much TV, and if they do, all they get is movies, repeats, and Cops.
But Tim Goodman over at The Bastard Machine has some ideas.
- Tim Goodman ("The Bastard Machine") gives his list for the Best Shows You're Not Watching." We've done lists like this before, but I don't think we've done one in a while. His list includes Hustle, Footballers Wive$, and Thief.
- Comedian Patton Oswalt has a blog too.
- Television writer Ken Levine gives his Summer Movie Preview. On Mission: Impossible 3: "They can spend $300 million to make this stunt fest and the best thing will still be the theme song."
- Lots of spoilers over at the Television Without Pity West Wing boards. Let me repeat: lots of spoilers, so click at your own risk.
- EW's PopWatch blog has a new HeadScratcher: what (specifically) do Nicholas Cage, Sean Connery, Kevin Costner, Clint Eastwood and Diane Lane have in common?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelorette' Runner-Up Nick Viall: ' I Think Shawn Really Enjoys My Misfortune'
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: The House Flips and New Targets Emerge
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 5: Vanessa's 2nd HoH Photos
- 'Graceland' Recap: Mike's Addiction Worsens
- 'Under the Dome' Recap: It's the End of the World as We Know It
- More From BuddyTV
- Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross Welcome Baby Girl
- Ice T Hilariously Provides Voices for Characters From 'Care Bears' and 'Smurfs'
- Watch One Direction Learn How to ‘Whip/Nae Nae' From a Super-Cute Fan
- Khloe Kardashian: My Sisters and I Still Refer to Caitlyn Jenner as 'Bruce'
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan Racist Rant: 'We've All Talked Trash'
- More From ET