"I didn't think you had it in you. And I mean that." - Roger, trying to "compliment" Pete on an ad campaign
Last week I told you that I thought that one of the themes of this show is freedom, and I think in the opening scene of this week's episode solidifies that a little bit more. It's a shot of the neighbors prized birds flying off from the coop, though they return when he has food in his hand. I get that feeling that all the characters are looking for that freedom, or at least a change. Betty wants to go back to modeling, Don might want a new job, and Pete wants Peggy. Maybe. Kinda.
This week's episode was also directed by Freak and Greeks creator/producer/writer Paul Feig, and that makes me perk up a bit. I'm curious to see what he does with a show like Mad Men.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Blake Shelton's Team
- 'Scream Queens' Recap: Who is the Hag of Shady Lane?
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Pharrell Williams' Team
- 'iZombie' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Major and Blaine Wrestle with the Zombie Cure's Side Effects
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Recap: Can the Team Rescue Simmons?
- More From BuddyTV
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals the Real Reason Loki Wasn't in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- Kanye West Says Fatherhood Made Him 'Rethink' The Way He Raps, Believes 'KUWTK' Should Be Winning Emmys
- The Dangers of Celebrity Yo-Yo Diet Transformations
- Ariana Grande Kisses Her 'Victorious' Co-Star Elizabeth Gillies and Accidentally Posts the Video
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Kelli Giddish Welcomes First Baby
- More From ET