"I didn't think you had it in you. And I mean that." - Roger, trying to "compliment" Pete on an ad campaign
Last week I told you that I thought that one of the themes of this show is freedom, and I think in the opening scene of this week's episode solidifies that a little bit more. It's a shot of the neighbors prized birds flying off from the coop, though they return when he has food in his hand. I get that feeling that all the characters are looking for that freedom, or at least a change. Betty wants to go back to modeling, Don might want a new job, and Pete wants Peggy. Maybe. Kinda.
This week's episode was also directed by Freak and Greeks creator/producer/writer Paul Feig, and that makes me perk up a bit. I'm curious to see what he does with a show like Mad Men.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Bad Judge First Look: Kate Walsh Gets Wild With Ryan Hansen
- FX Renews Tyrant for Season 2
- Person of Interest Sneak Peek: Meet 'Professor Harold Whistler'
- Mark Burnett, Former Idol Guru Team for 500 Questions Game Show at ABC
- TVLine Items: Beast Gets Love Advice, Dexter's Nanny Visits NBC's Boy & More
- More From TVLine
- Exclusive 'Breaking Amish' Clip: Vonda's Secret
- Ben Affleck Explains Why He Was Banned From Blackjack, Talks Gambling Addiction Rumors
- Grumpy Cat Finds Her Grumpy Voice in 'Parks and Recreation's' Aubrey Plaza
- Darrell Hammond Is Heading Back to 'Saturday Night Live' in a New Role
- TBT: Adorable 13-Year-Old Jason Bateman on the Set of 'Silver Spoons'
- More From ET