At least the reason why they did it was a good one: Believe it or not, it's been 25 years since the Beastie Boys tore up MTV with their classic music video '(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (to Party!)' Yes, that sound you hear is the arthritis in your knees crackling at the thought that Beasties have been around for that long, much less that it was a quarter-century since you heard that song in high school.
To celebrate the anniversary of the song and their debut album, 'Licensed to Ill,' the Beasties created a 30-minute music video called 'Fight for Your Right (Revisited),' which strings together tracks from their soon-to-drop album, 'Hot Sauce Committee Part 2.' A red-band trailer for the video rocketed across the interwebs last week, but the full video wasn't released until yesterday.
The NSFW video and more after the jump.
'Make Some Noise' features McBride as MCA, as well as Seth Rogen and Elijah Wood to round out the on-screen representations of the Beastie Boys themselves.
In featuring a clip from the video we saw the star-studded cast that McBride was talking about. Ted Danson, Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Rainn Wilson, Jason Schwartzman and Jack Black were all there, many of them featured in a "dance contest from the future."
Some crazed genius media nut out there has combined the shoot-em-up goodness of 'Battlestar Galactica' with the shoot-em-up goodness of the Beastie Boys' "Sabotage."
Since its debut in 1975, 'Saturday Night Live' has been synonymous with bringing pop music to the late-night, weekend masses. Now in its 35th season on NBC, 'SNL' has indeed become the holy grail for musicians.
Over the years, many memorable performances have graced the 'SNL' stage. In this list, we select the 7 best. Some were energetic, some were raw and emotive, some were quirky and fun.
But mostly, they were all daring for broadcast television at the time.
Apparently, in 1998, when the Beastie Boys' album Hello Nasty was released, the boys did a half-hour "informercial" for the CD that aired on public access in several markets. Someone uploaded the show in three parts, and I've placed them below for your enjoyment.
The show is an amalgam of different infomercial and public access-style bits: a psychic, a man who promises you can make money by doing nothing, an exercise guru, and a juice machine. MCA, Ad Rock and Mike D appear throughout the videos, and I must say if they ever get sick of the music scene they wouldn't have any trouble doing comedy. The fellas have natural comedic timing and instincts, which shouldn't come as too much of a surprise for anyone who has seen their videos.My favorite video is number three. There's just something about using car polish to clean a banana that cracks me the heck up.
Now, you wouldn't expect another lame reality show from the team behind ego trip, would you? For the uninitiated, ego trip was a New York-based hip-hop magazine that started back in 1994. The publication covered underground sounds with wit and attitude. They were the "arrogant voice of musical truth." While the magazine folded years ago, ego trip remained at large through a series of books - ego trip's Book of Rap Lists and ego trip's Big Book of Racism. They partnered with VH1 on ego trip's Race-O-Rama and TV's Illest Minority Moments. Given their track record, it would be a huge disappointment were The (White) Rapper Show to suck.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'The Bachelor' Season 19: Estrogen Mayhem and a Pregnancy Test
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.9 Photos: Mommy, Daddy and Hope!
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- More From BuddyTV
- Forever Video: Henry and Jo Want to Know Who Put Out a Hit on This Brit
- The Missing Sneak Peek: Emily Finally Says What She's Really Thinking
- Fall TV Report Card: Are Your Freshman Faves Making the Grade? Have Any 'Doomed' Noobs Dodged the Axe?
- Real World's Ryan Knight Dead at 29
- Macy's Thanksgiving Parade 2014: The Rockettes Goof, Scary Newbies & More
- More From TVLine
- 9 Topics to Talk About During Thanksgiving Dinner (That Won't Start Any Family Fights)
- As New Cosby Accusers Come Forward, Legal Options Remain Limited
- Watch Michael Douglas Sneak Up On His Legendary Dad
- 14 Foolproof Tips For Conquering America's Favorite Holiday: Black Friday
- Chris Rock on Tracy Morgan's Recovery and How ET's Nischelle Turner Inspired 'Top Five'
- More From ET