You have to assume that if there's truth to this, the network is probably bending over backwards to secure a new Seinfeld. Heck, if Jerry wanted to do a series about a forensic scientist who also does comedy on the side, they'd greenlight that, too! Will they call it Seinfeld Redux? Seinfeld Squared? Seinfeld Deux?
What's happening on other blogs via the interweb.
- Not too many people like Viva Laughlin.
- Download a DVD box screen saver similar to the one seen on The Office.
- Bill Cosby? Stephen Colbert? Some are asking what the heck is going on at Meet The Press.
- Are there more cast members leaving CSI besides Jorja Fox?
- EW's PopWatch blog agrees with me about those Bee Movie ads on NBC.
- The behind the scenes story on how Charles Emerson Winchester came to be on M*A*S*H.
- Tim Goodman is not a fan of Tuesday night TV.
Question: is it OK to joke about rape when you're talking about insects?
That's what some people are wondering this afternoon as Jerry Seinfeld is getting a little heat from anti-rape groups (hmmm...I would hope that every group is anti-rape, but I digress...) for a remark he made to the New York Daily News promoting his Bee Movie flick:
"Bees have the only perfect society on earth ... They have no crime, they have no drugs, they have no rape. A little rape, but it's not that bad."
In order to promote his upcoming animated feature, Bee Movie, Jerry Seinfeld is creating twenty "minisodes" to be shown on both NBC and NBC.com.
Live-action spots for the film have already been made, but it's not clear if these "minisodes" will be more of the same or something completely different. I've placed one of the movie spots at the end of this post.
Let's say you're Jerry Seinfeld. Yes, I know you're really not Jerry, but just pretend that you are for this little exercise. Okay, you're Jerry: you've had a successful career both as a stand-up comedian and sitcom star. Your show, Seinfeld, is still hugely popular in syndication and on DVD. The world is pretty much your oyster. So, what do you do to follow it up?
You dress as a bee for the trailer of an upcoming animated movie. All right, you lend your voice to the main character in the animated movie, but you still dress up as a bee. The film is actually DreamWorks Bee Movie, which stars Jerry as Barry Bee Benson. In the trailer Jerry, dressed in full bee attire, gets blown away by fans, washed away by hoses, and nearly killed by a large pair of windshield wipers. No, I am not in a drunken haze after too many rum punches! This is the trailer I saw in the movie theater.
Of course, courtesy of the film's website and YouTube you can see the trailer too. Also featured is Chris Rock, who is doing a favor for Jerry in exchange for Seinfeld appearing at book signing for Rock's wife. Hmm, the trailer must've been done before Rock's divorce. Anyhoo, you can view the trailer after the jump. (BTW, for a more detailed information on the Bee Movie turn to our sister site Cinematical)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Amazing Race: All Stars' Recap: Screw the U-Turn
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Reunion Part 1 Recap: Porsha Gets Physical
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: The Aftermath of the Purple Wedding
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Cora's Revenge Isn't Sweet
- 'Salem' Review: A Creepy, Sexy Witch Story
- More From BuddyTV
- Did WGN America's Salem Bewitch You?
- Devious Maids Season Premiere Recap: Bridges of Beverly Hills — Plus: Bonus Scoop
- Game of Thrones Recap: The Devil You Know
- Once Upon a Time Recap: Hatchets Buried, a Murder Plan Revealed, a Pair of Lips Locked
- Discovery Channel Cancels Live Mount Everest Jump Special In Wake of Avalanche Tragedy
- More From TVLine