September 19, 2014
behind the scenes of american idol
by Bob Sassone, posted Feb 17th 2010 4:02PM
Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes of FOX's 'American Idol?' Not just the typical questions like "what is Simon Cowell really like" and "does Ryan Seacrest's breath really smell minty," I mean the really important questions, like are the contestants ever denied bathroom privileges?
That's one of the many questions answered in this very long 'American Idol' piece at The Daily Beast. Lots of past contestants on the show (including season five winner Taylor Hicks - remember him?) dish about what goes on behind the scenes of the show when it gets to Hollywood. How are songs chosen? Who rooms with whom? Does everyone really get along? Do they sleep?
Jackie Tohn, who was on the show last year, says "the head games start right away. You never have any idea why anything is happening." So now we know: 'American Idol' is just like 'Lost!'
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'American Girl Doll'
- 'Madam Secretary' Premiere Photos
- 'Castle' Season 7 Premiere Spoilers: 5 Major Surprises in One Twisty 'Driven' Storyline
- 'America's Got Talent' Rankings: The Top 30 Performances of Season 9
- 'Scorpion' Premiere and Cast Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: Justified Taps Hope Alum, Doctor Who Xmas Casting & More
- Elementary Season 3 Mini-Trailer Pits Joan vs. Sherlock's New Protégé
- Did Doctor Who Outdo Himself? Is Dave Annable the Best Medicine? What Are Laura's Real Mysteries? And More Qs
- Under the Dome's Rachelle Lefevre Talks Season 2 Finale, Julia's 'Spidey Senses' and Dormant Monarch Subplot
- Welcome to Gotham: Your Guide to the Good, the Bad and the... Batty
- More From TVLine
- Jessica Simpson Is 'Done' Having Any More Children
- Mama June and Sugar Bear Split! Honey Boo Boo's Parents 'Taking Time Apart'
- The First Person to Get an iPhone 6 Dropped It on Live TV
- This Baby's Choreographed Dance Routine to ''Chandelier'' Will Make Your Day!
- Jason Aldean Tells Relationship Haters to 'Get Over It,' Talks Brittany Kerr Date Nights
- More From ET