October 1, 2014
by Kona Gallagher, posted Nov 24th 2009 9:29AM
(S03E09) As soon as I read the episode info and saw that Kripke was going to be making an appearance, I lost all hope of this episode coming anywhere close to matching the brilliance of last week's. I was not wrong. I don't like Kripke. I don't find a speech impediment to be funny, and with him, it's completely extraneous. Sheldon could just have an enemy (I don't doubt he had many, in fact). You don't need to give the character this extra identifying mark.
So not only was I dismayed by Kripke's appearance, his practical joke was just mean-spirited and again, not something that I found funny. I don't like watching people getting humiliated. Sheldon dressed up for a radio interview. That's adorable, and then to not only be embarrassed for absolutely no reason in front of a national audience, but to have his friends laughing at him as well, just made me sad. Luckily, Wolowitz's uh, love triangle with Bernadette and Katee Sackhoff saved the episode for me.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ratings: Selfie and Love Story Gets Few Likes, S.H.I.E.L.D. Hits Low, Mindy Rises
- Nashville Newbie (and Fan) Laura Benanti on Sadie's Music City Sojourn
- Parenthood First Look: Amber and Sarah Have a Serious Baby Talk
- Jessie Gets Engaged, Liv and Maddie's Triplet and More 'Monstober' Photos
- Mistresses' Alyssa Milano: I Won't Be Returning for Season 3
- More From TVLine
- Aretha Franklin Nails Adele Cover on 'Late Show' -- But What's Up with Cissy Houston?
- Taylor Swift Can't Picture Dating a Guy Right Now
- Anne Hathaway: The Fame Thing 'F**ked Me Up'
- Nick Jonas Flashes His Abs For 'Flaunt' Magazine
- Bethenny Frankel Returning to 'Real Housewives of New York City'?!
- More From ET