January 25, 2015
by Kona Gallagher, posted Nov 24th 2009 9:29AM
(S03E09) As soon as I read the episode info and saw that Kripke was going to be making an appearance, I lost all hope of this episode coming anywhere close to matching the brilliance of last week's. I was not wrong. I don't like Kripke. I don't find a speech impediment to be funny, and with him, it's completely extraneous. Sheldon could just have an enemy (I don't doubt he had many, in fact). You don't need to give the character this extra identifying mark.
So not only was I dismayed by Kripke's appearance, his practical joke was just mean-spirited and again, not something that I found funny. I don't like watching people getting humiliated. Sheldon dressed up for a radio interview. That's adorable, and then to not only be embarrassed for absolutely no reason in front of a national audience, but to have his friends laughing at him as well, just made me sad. Luckily, Wolowitz's uh, love triangle with Bernadette and Katee Sackhoff saved the episode for me.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Blake Shelton Hosts SNL: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Joe Franklin, Television Talk Show Pioneer, Dead at 88
- Performer of the Week: Allison Janney
- Ratings: Constantine and Dixie Tick Up, Glee Flat, Shark Tank Rerun Tops Night
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs from The Flash, Togetherness and More
- More From TVLine
- Surprise! Rihanna Drops New Song With Kanye West and Paul McCartney
- This Wrong 'Wheel of Fortune' Answer Kept Getting Repeated and Repeated
- Stars Hit the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- Lindsay Lohan Credits Her Calvin Kleins for Helping Fight Off Rare Virus
- Blake Shelton Is Giving Away His Music For Free
- More From ET