by Kona Gallagher, posted Nov 24th 2009 9:29AM
(S03E09) As soon as I read the episode info and saw that Kripke was going to be making an appearance, I lost all hope of this episode coming anywhere close to matching the brilliance of last week's. I was not wrong. I don't like Kripke. I don't find a speech impediment to be funny, and with him, it's completely extraneous. Sheldon could just have an enemy (I don't doubt he had many, in fact). You don't need to give the character this extra identifying mark.
So not only was I dismayed by Kripke's appearance, his practical joke was just mean-spirited and again, not something that I found funny. I don't like watching people getting humiliated. Sheldon dressed up for a radio interview. That's adorable, and then to not only be embarrassed for absolutely no reason in front of a national audience, but to have his friends laughing at him as well, just made me sad. Luckily, Wolowitz's uh, love triangle with Bernadette and Katee Sackhoff saved the episode for me.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Escaping the Prophet': Flora Jessop helps women escape polygamy
- 'Agents of SHIELD' episode 10 'The Bridge' clip shows Mike Peterson in action
- 'Doctor Who' Christmas special photos: Wooden Cybermen and the Doctor is a wizard?
- 'Justified' Season 5: The Crowes are coming for Raylan
- 'Survivor's' 10 best and 5 worst seasons: How will 'Blood vs. Water' rank?
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive: Will & Grace Reunion on Sean Saves the World, Megan Mullally to Play Sean's [Spoiler]
- TVLine Items: Gossip Guy Is NBC's Tin Man, Mom Casts Dad, Happy Endings' New Home and More
- Exclusive Parenthood First Look: Crosby Drops Some Slutty-But-Soulful Knowledge on Drew
- Exclusive Sneak Peek: Bob Barker Marks His 90th Birthday With a Price Is Right First
- Ratings: The Voice Boosts The Sing-Off's Return, Almost Human Ticks Up But Sleepy Slips
- More From TVLine