best in show
"For a lot of people at home, this is probably their first real good look at this breed," the announcers said.
It's certainly not a commonly seen breed in the United States.
'The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show' has become big business on television in recent years, and the opportunity to see breeds like this has to be one of its biggest draws. Sure, the 'Puppy Bowl' is adorable on Super Bowl Sunday, but the 'Dog Show' is a great opportunity to essentially window shop the best breeds in the world.
However, there was one very exciting competition on television and it aired over the last two nights -- the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. Live from Madison Square Garden, the dog show was one of the purest contests I've seen on TV in a long time. It was exciting and tension-filled, especially last night between 10:30 and 11:00 p.m. when the judge started to evaluate the best in show candidates.
Catherine, who might be best known as Kevin's mother in Home Alone and Home Alone 2, is better known to comedy devotees for her brilliant work on SCTV -- Lola "I want to have your baby" Heatherton, and the Christopher Guest mockumentaries like Best in Show (she was Cookie Guggleman Fleck, the trampy wife of Eugene Levy, both of whom adored their terrier).
Good Behavior is based on Outrageous Fortune, a New Zealand series about a criminal family. Catherine is Jackie West, the matriarch of the clan, and when her spouse is caught and thrown in jail for five years, she decides that it's time for the rest of the family to go straight.
For Your Consideration hits theaters in November.
Parker Posey, probably best known for her roles in the trio of Christopher Guest mockumentaries, is set to star in three episodes of Boston Legal near the end of this season. Parker will star as a lawyer named Marlene Stanger. She's dead-set on becoming a partner and because of her determination, she's earned the nickname of "The Squid."
I don't watch this show nearly enough. I caught the episodes that Michael J. Fox did a few months ago and they were very good. I also wrote about the possibility that Denny Crane may be having a bit of, uh, a "preference switch" sometime this season. But I haven't seen anything on that since and this is the first Boston Legal news I've read in sometime. Has anyone heard something?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3 Premiere Recap: Where is Helena?
- Exclusive Interview: Joel Courtney on What Makes CW's 'The Messengers' Different
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Race Turns Beastly in Africa
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 6.19 and 6.20 Photos: Damon, Elena and the Cure
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Orphan Black' Postmortem: Scorpion Psychosis, Mystery Elevator Clone & More Answers Revealed!
- 'Outlander' Postmortem: Caitriona Balfe & Sam Heughan Dish on Big Secrets Revealed!
- Doctors Call for Columbia University to Can Dr. Oz
- 'Anne of Green Gables' Actor Jonathan Crombie Dies at 48
- Ryan Reynolds Posts Adorable Throwback Pic
- More From ET