New Oscar producers Adam Shankman and Bill Mechanic have decided to drop the Best Song performances, according Entertainment Weekly. Instead of singers -- either from the movie or good enough to sing the songs from the movies -- we're going to see a montage of images from the picture with the soundtrack recording.
Of course, for many of us, the question could be "did the Grammys ever matter at all?" But they're asking the question on CNN, and I have to admit that if I didn't write for a TV site I probably wouldn't even had known that the show was tonight (8pm on CBS).
Is this show important to anyone outside of the music industry? And why would it even be important to anyone in the music industry, since I don't think that a Grammy nomination or a win results in more sales to the average consumer. I mean, I don't think music fan buys a CD because the artist wins an award, they buy it because they like the artist anyway, or it was recommended by a friend, etc. In fact, the argument could be made that since the artist/album got a Grammy nomination, it already had great sales, or it wouldn't have been nominated (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, it's quality, not quanity - but that's in a perfect world. In the real world, sales means accolades).
So tell us: do you watch the Grammys? And if so, why? And do awards go out and make you buy the album?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.15 Photos: Unlikely Alliances
- 'The 100' Episode 2.15 Photos: Time for a Battle!
- The Most Scandalous Moments from 'Downton Abbey'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20 Official Couples Photos
- 'The Walking Dead': 20 Factors of the New Normal in Alexandria from 'Remember'
- More From BuddyTV
- The Voice Recap: Chair-iats of Fire
- Pilot News: Glee's Jane Lynch to Star as CBS' Angel From Hell
- The Following Season Premiere Recap: Wait, Who Was Driving That Car?
- Pilot News: True Blood Alum Is Frankenstein's Monster
- Pilot News: Private Practice Alum KaDee Strickland to Lead CBS' Doubt
- More From TVLine
- 'Married at First Sight': Reality Stunt or Legitimate Matchmaking?
- Hollywood's Hottest Bikini Bods!
- William Shatner Defends His Absence From Leonard Nimoy's Funeral
- Kim Kardashian Admits She Thinks Selfies Are 'Ridiculous'
- 'American Crime' Stars Explain Why Their Show Is About More Than Murder
- More From ET