October 22, 2014
best supporting actress in a drama
by Joel Keller, posted Jul 20th 2010 5:00PM
For the next few days, I'll be listing the Emmy nominees in the major categories and giving you picks and possible dark horses. Feel free to agree, disagree, and make your own picks in the comments.
Let's start with an interesting mix of the safe and the new: the Best Supporting Actress in a Drama category.
Christine Baranski, 'The Good Wife'
Rose Byrne, 'Damages'
Sharon Gless, 'Burn Notice'
Christina Hendricks, 'Mad Men'
Elisabeth Moss, 'Mad Men'
Archie Panjabi, 'The Good Wife'
Who will win: The Academy just loves, loves, loves Christine Baranski. Sure, she only won once, for 'Cybil' in 1995, but she's been nominated six times since then, including twice this year (she got a guest actress nod for playing Leonard's mom on 'The Big Bang Theory'). And now that she's nominated in the drama category for the first time, they'll jump at the chance to give her the statuette. Even though she did a good job as ice queen law firm honcho Diane Lockhart in 'The Good Wife,' the Academy will likely just give her the award because she's an old friend.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 21 Touching and Frightening Moments from 'Greensleeves'
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' Recap: A Tribal Switch Pits Couples Against Singles
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Spoilers: Who Are the Teams for Halloween Night?
- 'Arrow' Interview: Willa Holland on Thea's Unusual Relationship with Malcolm, Love for Roy and New 'Kick-Ass Attitude'
- 'The Voice' Interviews: Toia Jones on What Led to Her Emotional Battle Round Rehearsal
- More From BuddyTV
- Oscar De La Renta: Inside His World
- Taylor Swift Reveals '1989' Tracklist (and We Guess Who Each Song Is About)
- Former Crisis Manager: Teresa Giudice a 'Mess,' Worse Than Chris Brown
- Calvin Klein's New Model Opens Up About Battling Her Weight Obsession
- Chrissy Teigen Receives Death Threats Over Tweets on Canada Shooting
- More From ET