March 8, 2014
best supporting actress in a drama
by Joel Keller, posted Jul 20th 2010 5:00PM
For the next few days, I'll be listing the Emmy nominees in the major categories and giving you picks and possible dark horses. Feel free to agree, disagree, and make your own picks in the comments.
Let's start with an interesting mix of the safe and the new: the Best Supporting Actress in a Drama category.
Christine Baranski, 'The Good Wife'
Rose Byrne, 'Damages'
Sharon Gless, 'Burn Notice'
Christina Hendricks, 'Mad Men'
Elisabeth Moss, 'Mad Men'
Archie Panjabi, 'The Good Wife'
Who will win: The Academy just loves, loves, loves Christine Baranski. Sure, she only won once, for 'Cybil' in 1995, but she's been nominated six times since then, including twice this year (she got a guest actress nod for playing Leonard's mom on 'The Big Bang Theory'). And now that she's nominated in the drama category for the first time, they'll jump at the chance to give her the statuette. Even though she did a good job as ice queen law firm honcho Diane Lockhart in 'The Good Wife,' the Academy will likely just give her the award because she's an old friend.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Flash': 'Arrow' spinoff casts Patrick Sabongui as Captain David Singh
- 'Blue Bloods': Killed couple's daughter seeks revenge
- 'Grimm' Season 3: Reggie Lee discusses 'Mommy Dearest' shocker and Wu's first name reveal
- BBC America's 'Orphan Black' Season 2 clips hid a binary message from Walt Whitman
- 'Enlisted' star Angelique Cabral books lead NBC comedy pilot 'Two to Go'
- More From Zap2it
- Pilot News: Dave Annable, Chuck Alum and Enlisted Star Are Among the Latest Castings
- Fox Renews New Girl, Mindy Project, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Following
- Pilot Scoop: One Tree Hill's Robert Buckley Returns to The CW in Rob Thomas' iZombie
- HBO Reveals First Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Promo — Watch and Weigh In
- American Idol: What Should the Top 11 Sing for Movie Soundtrack Night?
- More From TVLine