April 20, 2014
best supporting actress in a drama
by Joel Keller, posted Jul 20th 2010 5:00PM
For the next few days, I'll be listing the Emmy nominees in the major categories and giving you picks and possible dark horses. Feel free to agree, disagree, and make your own picks in the comments.
Let's start with an interesting mix of the safe and the new: the Best Supporting Actress in a Drama category.
Christine Baranski, 'The Good Wife'
Rose Byrne, 'Damages'
Sharon Gless, 'Burn Notice'
Christina Hendricks, 'Mad Men'
Elisabeth Moss, 'Mad Men'
Archie Panjabi, 'The Good Wife'
Who will win: The Academy just loves, loves, loves Christine Baranski. Sure, she only won once, for 'Cybil' in 1995, but she's been nominated six times since then, including twice this year (she got a guest actress nod for playing Leonard's mom on 'The Big Bang Theory'). And now that she's nominated in the drama category for the first time, they'll jump at the chance to give her the statuette. Even though she did a good job as ice queen law firm honcho Diane Lockhart in 'The Good Wife,' the Academy will likely just give her the award because she's an old friend.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' Week 8 Express Pass Power Rankings: With a Little Help from My Friends
- 'The Amazing Race: All Stars' Recap: Screw the U-Turn
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Reunion Part 1 Recap: Porsha Gets Physical
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: The Aftermath of the Purple Wedding
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Cora's Revenge Isn't Sweet
- More From BuddyTV
- Did WGN America's Salem Bewitch You?
- Devious Maids Season Premiere Recap: Bridges of Beverly Hills — Plus: Bonus Scoop
- Game of Thrones Recap: The Devil You Know
- Once Upon a Time Recap: Hatchets Buried, a Murder Plan Revealed, a Pair of Lips Locked
- Discovery Channel Cancels Live Mount Everest Jump Special In Wake of Avalanche Tragedy
- More From TVLine