January 26, 2015
best supporting actress in a drama
by Joel Keller, posted Jul 20th 2010 5:00PM
For the next few days, I'll be listing the Emmy nominees in the major categories and giving you picks and possible dark horses. Feel free to agree, disagree, and make your own picks in the comments.
Let's start with an interesting mix of the safe and the new: the Best Supporting Actress in a Drama category.
Christine Baranski, 'The Good Wife'
Rose Byrne, 'Damages'
Sharon Gless, 'Burn Notice'
Christina Hendricks, 'Mad Men'
Elisabeth Moss, 'Mad Men'
Archie Panjabi, 'The Good Wife'
Who will win: The Academy just loves, loves, loves Christine Baranski. Sure, she only won once, for 'Cybil' in 1995, but she's been nominated six times since then, including twice this year (she got a guest actress nod for playing Leonard's mom on 'The Big Bang Theory'). And now that she's nominated in the drama category for the first time, they'll jump at the chance to give her the statuette. Even though she did a good job as ice queen law firm honcho Diane Lockhart in 'The Good Wife,' the Academy will likely just give her the award because she's an old friend.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The 100' Episode 2.10 Photos: Clarke and Lexa Partner Up
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Episode 5.19 Photos: What's Going on With Mike?
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.13 Photos: Bonnie's Birthday
- 'Glee' Episode 6.7 Photos: Will Teaches a Lesson About Tolerance
- 'The Blacklist' Post-Super Bowl Episode Photos: Will Liz and the Team Save Reddington in Time?
- More From BuddyTV
- Best Silly, Celebrity Tweets About Winter Storm Juno
- Snooki Talks Embarrassing Wedding Moment
- Emma Watson Cast as Belle in 'Beauty and The Beast': 7 Reasons She's Perfect!
- EXCLUSIVE! Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner: 'He's the Happiest I've Ever Seen Him'
- Chris Evans vs. Chris Pratt: The Ultimate Showdown
- More From ET