April 24, 2014
best supporting actress in a drama
by Joel Keller, posted Jul 20th 2010 5:00PM
For the next few days, I'll be listing the Emmy nominees in the major categories and giving you picks and possible dark horses. Feel free to agree, disagree, and make your own picks in the comments.
Let's start with an interesting mix of the safe and the new: the Best Supporting Actress in a Drama category.
Christine Baranski, 'The Good Wife'
Rose Byrne, 'Damages'
Sharon Gless, 'Burn Notice'
Christina Hendricks, 'Mad Men'
Elisabeth Moss, 'Mad Men'
Archie Panjabi, 'The Good Wife'
Who will win: The Academy just loves, loves, loves Christine Baranski. Sure, she only won once, for 'Cybil' in 1995, but she's been nominated six times since then, including twice this year (she got a guest actress nod for playing Leonard's mom on 'The Big Bang Theory'). And now that she's nominated in the drama category for the first time, they'll jump at the chance to give her the statuette. Even though she did a good job as ice queen law firm honcho Diane Lockhart in 'The Good Wife,' the Academy will likely just give her the award because she's an old friend.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Memories from the Set: Ari Graynor Talks Jobs on The Sopranos, Fringe, Family Guy and More
- Friday the 13th: Slasher Horror Classic in Development as Hour-long TV Drama
- Gracepoint Exclusive Photos: See Anna Gunn & David Tennant in Fox's Broadchurch Adaptation!
- TVLine Items: True Blood Star Nabs Amazon Pilot, Hargitay's Very Special SVU Marathon and More
- Keep or Cut: The Shows You Most Want Saved!
- More From TVLine
- Exclusive: Listen To Classic Funk Band War's New Single Off First Album in 20 Years
- Aaron Carter on Hilary Duff: I Would Sweep Her Off Her Feet
- George Clooney Gets In Heated Altercation In Las Vegas
- Chris Martin Cites 'Challenges' in First Interview Since Split with Gwyneth Paltrow
- Avril Lavigne Responds to Racism Claims Over 'Hello Kitty' Video
- More From ET