April 21, 2015
better off ted lust in translation
by Mike Moody, posted Jan 20th 2010 10:30AM
(S02E10) Ted mixed business with pleasure again by hooking up with Greta, a sexy German exec whose broken English made her sound like a sexual deviant ("You and I do it I hope, the coming together?"). But after Greta's lunch proposal came out sounding like a much more private request ("Eat me?"), she started using Phil and Lem's translation device to communicate with Ted... in bed. Thankfully, the boys had fixed the machine's giant robot voice, but Ted was put off by its replacement, Phil's voice.
The funniest thing about this gag was Linda's reaction to hearing Phil's voice talking sexy to Ted. Not only did it make her lose the "Linda Bagel" championship, but she also seemed genuinely disturbed and crushed by what she was hearing. Veronica took advantage of the situation to steal Queen Linda the Dainty Foot's crown.
I love watching Veronica cozy up with the office drones to let loose every now and then. It was fun to see her ignore her work to practice her "Linda Bagel" pitch in this episode.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Top 10 Performance Rankings
- Netflix Orders 'Full House' Spinoff
- 'Castle' Recap: Castle Learns the Truth About His Disappearance
- 'Once Upon a Time' Episode 4.20 Photos: Emma and Regina Track Down Maleficent's Daughter
- 'The Following' Recap: Joe Continues to Taunt Ryan on Death Row
- More From BuddyTV
- Fuller House Officially Snags 13-Episode Order at Netflix — Get Details on the Cast and (Widow?!) Storyline
- Inside Amy Schumer Already Renewed for Season 4 at Comedy Central
- Castle Recap: Thanks for the Memories
- Dancing With the Stars Week 6 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- The Voice Recap: Muting and the Beasts
- More From TVLine