October 1, 2014
big bang theory 3x05
by Kona Gallagher, posted Oct 19th 2009 11:29PM
(S03E05) What a dick. It turns out that former Squadder Wil Wheaton, who guest-starred on tonight's episode as himself, is totally the Jonny Fairplay of fantasy role-playing card game tournaments, who broke Sheldon's poor little heart not once, but twice. I love the fact that Sheldon has this vendetta against Wheaton in the first place, because of course Sheldon Cooper would consider the guy who played Wesley Crusher on Star Trek: TNG to be his mortal enemy. The only thing that surprised me about that is that Sheldon's complaint was due to a slight that happened in the real world, and not some scientific inconsistency in the show, or Crusher's anachronistic hair.
When Sheldon and Wil are skirmishing to the death, there's a part of me that was thinking that the story of Wil's grandma was a lie, but he's Wil Wheaton! They wouldn't actually make him evil, would they? But they did, and poor Sheldon nearly had the big aneurysm that Wolowitz had been wishing on his mother.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Dana Delany Joins FX's The Comedians as Billy Crystal's Wife
- Fox Pulls Utopia From Tuesdays, MasterChef Junior to Claim Time Slot
- AHS: Freak Show Opening Credits — There Ought to Be (Menacing) Clowns
- A to Z Star Cristin Milioti Talks Hitting the Rom-Com Jackpot (Again) — Plus: Why HIMYM's Ending Was 'Brave'
- Gilmore Girls on Netflix: 25 Must-Watch Episodes (And 7 You Can Totally Skip)
- More From TVLine
- 25 Life Lessons We Learned From Lena Dunham
- Amal Alamuddin Quit Smoking for George Clooney and 11 More Revelations About Their Wedding
- Lena Dunham: I Listened to Taylor Swift While Writing ‘Girls'
- Jennifer Lopez: I Might Adopt a Child
- No Thigh Gap Here! New Beyonce Bikini Pics Look Untouched
- More From ET