The latest show to get that big screen treatment is 'The Big Valley,' the western that aired on ABC in the mid-60s. It starred Barbara Stanwyck, Richard Long, Linda Evans, and Lee Majors. Kate Edelman Johnson, daughter of show co-creator Louis, is planning to do a movie based on the show and The Hollywood Reporter reports that Sarandon is in talks to play Victoria Barkley, the role Stanwyck played in the show.
If there is a 'Big Valley' movie and she does star in it, then she has to be credited on screen as MISS Susan Sarandon.
As usual, it's a list that will get the debate going. Shows that without a doubt deserve to be on the list: The Twilight Zone, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Star Trek, The Andy Griffith Show, I Spy, and Bewitched.
Shows that without a doubt don't belong on the list: The Flying Nun, Hogan's Heroes, and The Mod Squad. Sure, I enjoyed those shows when I was younger, but I really don't think they belong in the "best" category (I'll let you debate another show on the list, Batman - great or just "campy" great?)
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Don Gillis: He was well-known to New England TV viewers and sports fans as a longtime sports anchor (in fact, the first in Boston) on WCVB and WHDH. He also hosted a long-running bowling show and did play by play for all of the Boston sports teams. He died at age 85.
After all these years, I still don't know how to pronounced his name. Is it "Tigh?" "Tig?" "Teeg?"
Andrews is probably best known for his work on The Mod Squad. He played Captain Adam Greer, the police captain in charge of Peggy Lipton, Clarence Williams III and Michael Cole (the original show, not the movie with Claire Danes). Andrews also had recurring roles on Gomer Pyle and CHiPs, and guest starred on several other shows: Murder, She Wrote, Vegas, Quincy, M.E., Hawaiian Heat, Police Story, Marcus Welby, M.D., Police Woman, Playhouse 90, Inner Sanctum, The Dick Powell Show, The Phil Silvers Show, The Big Valley, The F.B.I., The Fugitive, and many others.
Andrews died of a heart attack in California on January 27.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Former Bunhead Emma Dumont Talks Coming of Age in NBC's Aquarius
- Ratings: Battle Creek Flat With Series Finale, NASCAR Dominates Night
- American Horror Story: Hotel's Latest Guest: New Girl's Max Greenfield
- Once's Merlin, Empire's Own Iggy, Arrow's Darhk Foe and 26 More Homes for Stars of Cancelled Shows
- GoT Recap: Royally Screwed
- More From TVLine
- Debby Ryan On Sexism in the Industry: 'I've Had a Hard Road'
- ET's Summer Reading List! 'The Girl on the Train,' 'Selfish' and Other Great Books!
- Celebrity Authors Encourage Readers to Be Comfortable In Their Own Skin
- Author Paula Hawkins Takes a Dark Turn: Read an Excerpt From 'The Girl on the Train'
- Chelsea Handler Gets Naked
- More From ET