Coincidentally, this week I also learned that there is a Sex and the City movie sequel in the works. The girls have officially signed on ... but for what? Here's where the problem lies for me: Sex and the City was a great series and a decently entertaining movie. Can they really pull it off again?
I am always wary of sequels, but this case really gets me quaking in my boots. They are so lucky they pulled the movie off as a success. I loved seeing Carrie and Big finally tie the knot, I wept for Charlotte who finally has the life she's always dreamed of, and Miranda finally came around and accepted being a part of a family. And Samantha? Well, we got to see her acknowledge her selfishness, but at least it was in character. Why should Samantha evolve? I even loved Jennifer Hudson as Carrie's assistant.
- At 8, NBC has a new 1 vs. 100, followed by a new Las Vegas.
- PBS has a new NOW at 8, then a new Washington Week.
- The CW has a new Smackdown! at 8.
- Sci-Fi has a Special Unit 2 marathon at 8.
- Also at 8: Fox Movie Channel has Tom Hanks in Big.
- At 9, CBS has a new Close To Home, then a new Numb3rs.
- TLC has a new What Not To Wear at 9.
- At 9:30, Food Network has a new Giada's Weekend Getaways, with the cook visiting Charleston, S.C.
- At 10, The History Channel has a new episode of Mail Call.
- At 11, HBO has a new Real Time With Bill Maher, with guests Roseanne Barr, Deepak Chopra, Dana Milbank, and David Kuo.
Check your local TV listings for more.
Well, this was unexpected. I mean, I certainly thought that Ace would land himself in the bottom three eventually, but not during the first week. Yeah, I know -- he wasn't that great last night. But isn't being incredibly attractive enough? I say yes. At this point, I've already made up my mind as to whom I want to win (Chris Daughtry). So I say, let's keep Ace around as eye candy. Taylor? He's not candy. Elliott? He's not even a tootsie roll. We need Ace, so vote for him!
And why was Lisa Tucker part of
the loser sandwich? Surely, people liked her better than Bucky. The one thing I love about American Idol is
that they turn surprises like this into life lessons for the viewer. Seacrest waves his little finger at us in disgust
-- "It's all your fault, America. Remember, you gotta vote or this is what happens." We're trying to vote,
Seacrest. We can't get through! It's the 5th hit season...get more phone lines! And while you're getting more phone
lines, rent Stevie a real piano. The man is a legend, and you've got him rocking out on a 1980s electric keyboard. I'm
surprised they didn't just rent him that giant jumping keyboard from Big. I'm sure Taylor knows
how to play one of those.
So Melissa is out. Yawn. I know that some of you really like her, but I never got it. To me, she's the poor man's version of Mariah Carey. The more important question is -- who's voting for Kevin? You jerks.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Welcome to Gotham: Your Guide to the Good, the Bad and the... Batty
- Supergirl Series Lands on CBS — Who Would You Cast in the Lead Role?
- Ratings: Thursday Night Football Sacked By Blowout, Loser Hits Low
- Phineas and Ferb Clip: Terry O'Quinn Is a Man in Black in Lost-Themed Episode
- Girl Meets World Sneak Peek: Photos from Rider Strong's Directorial Debut
- More From TVLine
- Rob Kardashian Fuels Baby Rumors with New Tweet
- Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea Bare Their 'Booty' – Finally!
- Jon Hamm, Kerry Washington Align with White House In Sexual Assault PSA
- Keanu Reeves Finds Female Intruder Sitting In His Library
- Kaley Cuoco Reacts to Nude Photo Leak: I Didn't Believe They Were Real
- More From ET