September 23, 2014
bill and melinda gates foundation
by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 26th 2010 11:02AM
This is an interesting Daily Show interview with Bill Gates where he talks about the work of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, but I'm posting it because of a funny question that Jon Stewart asks him about a certain Microsoft competitor. [Watch clips and episodes of The Daily Show and other shows at SlashControl.]
by Anna Johns, posted Feb 16th 2006 8:31AM
Oprah and Bill Gates showed up at a high school in San Diego yesterday, throwing the student body into a frenzy. The two billionaires were filming a segment for an upcoming episode of Oprah, about Bill and Melinda Gates' efforts to reform schools. In 2003, the Gates Foundation gave $11 million to the San Diego Unified School District, with orders to reform three high schools. The district used the money to create six smaller schools with specialties such as business, international studies, media and science. Each school has about 400 students, compared to the 1,400 that were previously in each large school. Oprah and Bill kept the visit on the down-low, in order to keep the media-types away. They filmed segments with nine students.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Did the NCIS: New Orleans Premiere Trot Out Too Many Big, Easy Tropes?
- Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 Premiere Recap: A Lot to Absorb
- The Mindy Project Recap: The Ma, the Myth, the Legend
- NCIS Season 12 Premiere Recap: The Russian Is Coming
- Dancing With the Stars Week 2 Results: Did The Right Couple Go Home?
- More From TVLine
- Sarah Hyland Gets Restraining Order Against Ex
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Makes an Inspiring Video on Feminism
- Rosie O'Donnell Addresses Rumored 'The View' Feud with Barbara Walters
- Apparently Sexy Criminals Are A Thing Now
- Why Paula Deen Could Have One of the Biggest Comebacks in Media History
- More From ET