Yes, you read that right. Lee Malvo, who has rarely if ever granted an interview before, was interviewed by William Shatner. When I caught up to Shatner at CBS's party later that night, I asked him what the experience was like.
"Monumental," he said. "A guy who was a cold-blooded killer at the age of 17 begins to thaw, begins to find remorse. And that's one of the thrusts of the show. Joel, if there's anybody you can reach to watch the show (tonight), you must do it. It's exciting as hell."
Biography: Tiger Woods - Thursday April 1, 8 pm, Biography Channel
When illustrious personages reach a certain age or notoriety, it is common practice in the media to have an obituary ready and written in case of sudden death. I imagine Michael Jackson falls into this category, and I know when I was at a magazine, a certain low-voiced newsman was our main worry. I would suspect the Biography Channel's eponymous show works the same way so I'm surprised it took this long to get a Tiger Woods episode on the air. Interviews with himself, his late father, Wayne Gretzky, Lance Armstrong and Michael Jordan pepper the episode, and is timed perfectly for Woods' return at the Masters this April.
Airing this Sunday after taping last summer, the Shatner Vs. Limbaugh clash touches on everything from family background to health care. But the exchange looks like a couple aging members of a country club debating stock tips at the 19th hole.
I have no interest in the inevitable political jibber-jabber headed our way Sunday. But, I'd love to see these two square off over who gets the last piece of lasagna. The fatty grunts alone would blow out your TV speakers.
Looks like The
Biography Bio Channel is trying to make a name for themselves outside of the usual programming they have. First they signed Williams Shatner to do his own talk show, called Raw Nerve, and now they've signed musician/actor Chris Isaak to host his own talk show too, The Chris Isaak Hour.
This should be fun, because Isaak is a funny, likable guy and can probably get some cool guests/bands that you don't usually see on talk shows. And I'd much rather see him do this than those guest spots he's been doing on Extra (or is it Access Hollywood? All those shows tend to run together on the schedule and in the mind.)
I mean, he's on Boston Legal, he does those Priceline commercials, appears in movies like Dodgeball, he has his own web site, he hosts game shows. Hell, he even sold his own kidney stone! And now he has signed up for a new show titled Shatner's Raw Nerve. It will air on the Biography Channel. Shatner will interview celebrity and political guests. The show will run for 13 episodes to start.
This could be fun, if they let Shatner be Shatner and write his own questions. This is all part of Biography Channel's change to "true stories about fascinating people." Huh. Hasn't that been their goal all along with a name like Biography Channel?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Top 14 Moments: Mama Bears and Creepy Guys from 'Scream for Me'
- 'Graceland' Exclusive: First Look at Carmine Giovinazzo as Head of LAPD's Gang Task Force
- Supernatural Interview: Jensen Ackles on Demon Dean's Bar Fights, Booze and Babes
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Top 14 Dancers are Safe?
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Quarterfinals Part 1 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Big Bang Theory Production Officially Postponed, as Actors Await New Deals
- Mystery Girls Embraces Its Campy Style With New Fashion-Centric Promo
- Emmys 2014: Who Should Win Lead Actor in a Drama? Take Our Poll!
- Krysten Ritter Lands on The Blacklist
- TVLine Items: The Flash's Hot New Villain, Fargo Cop's Covert Gig and More
- More From TVLine
- Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Found Dead; Drew Reacts
- 'Bachelorette' Star Nick Viall Talks Intimate Experience with Andi Dorfman
- Orlando Bloom 'Takes a Swing' at Justin Bieber In Ibiza
- Top 5 Highest-Paid Country Musicians of 2014
- 5 Seconds of Summer Celebrates No. 1 Album With New Tour Announcement
- More From ET