First, what does it say about the staff research on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' that something as big as Drew Brees' birthmark, clearly visible on his right cheek didn't make it into the notes?
Nobody ran a little tape on the guy? There were no football cards or an 8x10 glossy? It makes you think that somebody simply handed Oprah a set of cards and said, "Here you go. His team won the Super Bowl. He throws the ball. Go get him, O."
Marge: Kids can be so cruel.
Bart: We can? Thanks, mom! (runs into Lisa's room and attacks her)
This episode does a great job of satirizing Freemasons, a fraternal order whose secretive membership makes it ripe for conspiracy theories and assorted rumors about its role in shaping historical events. The truth, most likely, is probably not nearly that exciting.
In this episode Homer joins a masonic-like society called the Stonecutters after stalking Lenny and Carl to find out why they're getting so many perks, such as vibrating chairs at work and great parking spaces. Since his father was a Stonecutter, Homer is automatically allowed to join, but he does have to go through a hazing ritual, which includes being paddled on the ass repeatedly and being blindfolded and pushed off a platform that's allegedly five stories off the ground, but is really just a few inches from the floor. Ironically, Homer actually falls through the floor, and the next five floors, as well.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Family Blogs: Reactions to This Week's Cry Fest
- NeNe Leakes on 'RHOA': 'I Don't Know If the Show Will Survive Without Me'
- Eliminated 'Bachelorette' Suitors JJ Lane and Tanner Tolbert Join 'Bachelor in Paradise'
- Vicki Gunvalson on Leaving 'RHOC': 'I've Thought About It'
- 'Secrets and Wives' Recap: Susan and Amy Defend Their Men
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Zoo Opens With a Decent Roar
- Fall TV: Lady Gaga vs. Nashville, and Wednesday's Other DVR Dilemmas
- Dukes of Hazzard Dropped by TV Land: Bad Rap for the Good Ol' Boys?
- MythBusters Summer Return Date Set; Watch Explosive Premiere Teaser
- Scream Series Premiere: Will You Give MTV's Whodunit Another Stab?
- More From TVLine
- Tim McGraw Gives Away Mortgage-Free Homes to Veterans
- Melissa McCarthy Rocks the Iconic 'Ghostbusters' Costume and It's Awesome
- 6 Ways Jennifer Lawrence Is the New NYC Fashion Queen
- Kim Kardashian 'Rarely Wears Underwear,' Says Rob Smokes Pot and 4 Other 'Rolling Stone' Revelations
- Kim Kardashian Gets Political: Talks Hillary Clinton, Same-Sex Marriage, and Gun Control
- More From ET