Although Lane made clear she was never told she would get credit for specific scenes, she accused director Darren Aronofsky of trying to create an exaggerated image of Portman's dancing work. "They were trying to create this, you know, image, you know, this façade, really, that Natalie had done something extraordinary," she said. "Something that is pretty much impossible."
It was her second nomination and first win, and she was simply glowing in both her pregnancy and the excitement of her win.
"I want to thank my parents ... for giving me my life," she said with a smile. "And for giving me the opportunity to work."
On 'Late Show' (weeknights, 11:35PM ET on CBS) Natalie described her injury to David Letterman -- and explained what she had to do to get medical treatment. Portman was hurt while being lifted in the air by one of her dancing partners. The actress "dislocated a rib -- it sort of went under another one." "Whoa," Letterman said.
Natalie then asked the producer if he could get a medic to give her "an ice-pack or an Advil or something." But as it turned out, the film was so low-budget that they didn't actually have a medic. Whoops.
(S04E13) "...and dry erase boards. Lots of dry erase boards." - Charlie
Return of the nerds! It's been almost 3 months since we last saw an episode of Numb3rs, and I've been looking forward to it to be honest. Not because it's the best show on TV, but with all the crap that rolled out during the WGA Strike... well, you get the idea.
The episode began with a really well done montage that juxtaposed Don and his FBI team against Charlie, Amita, and Larry handling a lecture at CalSci. CBS must be really worried about maintaining old viewers and picking up new ones because the entire sequence could have easily served as the opening to the pilot episode for this show. It laid everything out - who was in charge, their jobs, attitudes. After the first commercial break, it was back to business though.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Selfie' Review: Is Insensitive and Narcissistic Eliza Likable?
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Review: Why this Candy-Coated Love Story Is Worth a Few Dates
- 'The Voice' Recap: A Returning Singer Stuns the Coaches
- Good Guys Turn Bad: TV Characters Who've Crossed Over to the Dark Side
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: Do Red and Berlin Finally Meet?
- More From BuddyTV
- MTV's Happyland: Ryan Rottman Talks Incest, Secrets and More on New Series
- Faking It's Michael Willett on Shane's Love Life, Lauren's Secret and More
- Video: Andy Samberg's Advice for Mulaney? Nab a 'Killer' Friends Cameo
- Awkward First Look: [Spoiler] Ruins Jenna and Matty's Romantic Reunion
- Forever Sneak Peek: Henry and Jo Take a Skeptical Dip in the Fountain of Youth
- More From TVLine