Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- Blade - Complete Series
- The Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes Hour - Academy Award Animation Collection: 15 Winners
- Dallas - Season 8
- The Equalizer - Season 1
- Family Ties - Season 3
- General Hospital: Night Shift - Season 1
- George of the Jungle - Complete Series
- Girlfriends - Season 3
- Riptide - Season 3
- Route 66 - Classic Episodes Vol. 1
- Tell Me You Love Me - Season 1
- This is Tom Jones - Vol. 2
(S04E05) The folks over at Stargate HQ are having a good week. First, Atlantis gets picked up for a twenty episode season five, and then they finish it off by heading into their weekend with another very good episode. It was, for the most part, another stand-alone offering, but we did get some hints at a couple things in the future. If that wasn't enough for you, they also had the good sense to hire Jill Wagner for a guest spot. My TV is better with more Jill Wagner on it.
Of course, the dreams weren't the only part of the episode that felt familiar. Carter made reference to when O'Neill was knocked unconscious by an energy being that took on his appearance. That's from the season one Stargate episode "Cold Lazarus." In an interview with Gateworld, writer/director/producer Robert C. Cooper called it an homage. That's a good way to put it, as you can see if you go back and look at the scene where O'Neill touches the crystal. That video is after the jump.
Marcus, by the way, thinks Blade is playing right into his hands, and Shen tries to convince Blade that they have Marcus right where they want him thanks to Krista. Then, from that as a premise, spectacular (well, considering bugetary limitations, anyway) season-finale stuff happens.
Now explain to me how the purebloods have managed to survive all these centuries when they so easily get duped into believing that Chase has converted to their side against Marcus. If that isn't enough, why in the world is Marcus so sure a bomb on the company Lear jet is gonna do the trick to wipe out Charlotte and her crew of purebloods. Right after the crash Charlotte and her assistant "Lurch" wick away a few drops of blood, feed on nearby campers and are back on their way. It's not even that close a call for them -- though it did make Charlotte very thirsty. Good plan Marcus.
Krista gets locked up by Shen and Blade to detox from her sex and blood feast with Marcus last episode. This is a gruesome episode, with lots of dungeons, torture and references to historical sadists like Gilles de Rais. It fails to be very scary and this torture-fest made me impatient for them to bring back Richard Roundtree, or for at least some mention of all the other threads they've put on the back burner, if not dropped altogether. Where's Boone been lately?
- "Most of all, what I'll remember about my time at the show, are the decent, ordinary working folks I've met...and tried to bone." -- Rob Corddry, on his last day at The Daily Show.
- Shen: "So the enemy of my enemy is my friend?"
Blade: "I don't have a problem killing my friends either." -- Blade: The Series
- "It's his last week and we're just trying to think up terrible stuff for him to do." -- Jon Stewart, after Rob Corddry reported from a toilet on The Daily Show.
- "Do you think I like upsetting you?" -- Chief Will Pope to Dep. Chief Brenda Johnson on The Closer.
- "A pleasure carving a baby in half with you as alway, Tommy." -- The mayor after negotiating a compromise in committee with Tom Caffee, on Brotherhood.
- "Now you're a master lip reader? Is there anything you can't do?" -- Josh just after Kyle discovers he can lip read, but before he discovers he has super hearing, on Kyle XY.
- "The problem I find with being 'on a trail' is that, by definition, you'll always be behind your prey." -- Agent Alexander Mahone to Bellick, on Prison Break.
- "How bad do you want me to be?" Lt. Provenza to Dep. Chief Brenda Johnson after she tells him they're going to play good cop, bad cop with a suspect, on The Closer.
- "Then get yourself a badass summer-weight coat." -- Chen, after a leather-clad Blade gets after him for not fixing the Blademobile's air conditioning, on Blade: The Series.
- "Oh, Rusty. You are never alone. Those stars -- well, okay, you can't see them right now 'cause we're in the city -- but those stars... they're always watching us!" -- Jonas The Alien, to Doc Venture, on The Venture Bros.
- "Join the Army and spend your mid-life crisis in a real-life crisis." -- Jon Stewart, regarding the Army's new age limit, on The Daily Show.
- "Trust me, they're top notch!" -- Ryan McPoyle, commenting on his sister's breasts, on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
- "You will not mistake the newspaper man. He looks like a big turtle." -- Hearst, regarding A.W. Merrick, on Deadwood.
- "This whole experience has given me a whole new skin on life." -- Virginia, on Hell's Kitchen.
Kirk Jones (the-artist-formerly-know as Sticky Fingaz) doesn't have as powerful a screen presence as Wesley Snipes, and sometimes disappears into the background of the show (and even to get overshadowed by his own leather get-up). But kudos to the creators for going with a guy that has his own style and is no Snipes wannabee. Blade does seem like he is only making cameo appearances in his own show so far. I guess calling it Krista: The Television Series doesn't have the same recognition factor.
While I'm not a huge comic book reader, I've been a big fan of the Blade character since the first movie with Wesley Snipes. The detail behind the vampire's history and lore almost puts to shame even what Anne Rice has written (yeah, I know I'll be attacked viciously in my sleep for that comment). Blade brought vampires to the 20th/21st century way of thinking.
When I heard a Blade series was in the works, I was both skeptical and excited. Excited because there would be a real chance to tell more of the story of Blade, but skeptical because, well, Spike TV was going to air it. Luckily, and thankfully, they've pleasantly surprised me.
- At 8, ABC has a repeat According To Jim, a new Rodney, another repeat According To Jim, a new Less Than Perfect, then a repeat Boston Legal.
- CBS has repeats of NCIS, The Unit, and 48 Hours Mystery.
- NBC has a repeat Last Comic Standing, a new episode, then a repeat Law and Order: SVU.
- Over on FOX, two repeats of House.
- The WB has a repeat Gilmore Girls at 8, followed by a new Pepper Dennis.
- UPN has repeats of America's Next Top Model and Veronica Mars.
- At 9, in preparation for the debut of their new summer series, Spike has the movie Blade.
- Kathy Griffin returns for a second season of My Life on the D-List at 9. It's followed by the sseason premiere of Queer Eye.
- Also at 9: Frye Boots are profiles on a new John Ratzenberger's America, on the Travel Channel.
- FX has a new Rescue Me at 10.
- At 10, MTV has a new Real World, followed by a new Jamie Kennedy's Blowin' Up.
But now thanks to Google (a cache actually; the original page didn't come up), I find out that her name is Jill Wagner. She was born in Winston-Salem, NC, has a business degree from North Carolina State University, and has been an actress in Not Just Another Teen Movie, Big Fat Liar, Punk'd, Dr. Vegas, and Monk. She has a role in the upcoming TV series version of the Blade flicks.
Wow, she's going to be on every single week now? Hey Keith, can I review this show?
Blade: The Series, which we've mentioned a few times in the past, is finally in production for Spike TV with a premiere set for July 5 (but don't forget the "real" two-hour premiere on June 28). Confusing enough for you? Okay, good. The new series will be based on the comic book about a half-man half-vampire who battles evil creatures of the night. The two-hour "kick off" will focus on Blade's new partnership with a human woman mired in the world of vampires as she investigates the death of her twin brother. Ooh, sounds dramatic and suspenseful and all that stuff. Okay, so I'm not big into the whole "vampire" thing, but what about the rest of you? Anyone excited about this?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TV's 25 Sexiest Women of the New Fall 2014 Season
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'The Fall'
- Death Watch 2014: What Will Be the First New Fall Show to Get Cancelled?
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Party String and a Cold Shower Spell Trouble
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: What Will Scott Become?
- More From BuddyTV
- Scandal Season 4 Poster Warns There's 'No Looking Back' for Olivia
- Ratings: Dome Hits Low, Ninja Ticks Up, Mistresses Down Vs. Previous Finale
- TVLine Items: General Hospital Recasts Jason, OITNB Star Is Faking It & More
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Poster Declares: 'Hunt or Be Hunted'
- Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 42 Returning Favorites!
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber Arrested During ATV Date With Selena Gomez, Charged With Assault
- Angelina Jolie Has the Most Unique Wedding Dress Ever
- Joan Rivers Remains on Life Support Says Daughter Melissa in New Statement
- Britney Spears Puts Cheating Ex on Blast During Las Vegas Show
- CeeLo Green Deletes Twitter Account After Rape Tweet
- More From ET