By now you've seen the suuuuper awkward video of a very embarrassed Sarah Murdoch informing the two finalists on 'Australia's Next Top Model' that she had announced the wrong name as the winner.
If you haven't, a quick rehash: After Kelsey Martinovich had already begun celebrating her win on the show's live finale, Murdoch started holding her earpiece and saying, "I'm so sorry, oh my god, I don't know what to say." Eventually she did speak -- to explain that the actual winner was the other finalist, Amanda Ware.
Now Murdoch has spoken out about what happened: It was a "miscommunication," according to the Telegraph. The audio in her earpiece cut out when it was time to announce the winner, so she said the name of the girl who was in the lead a few minutes before. "I had nothing. It didn't come at that moment through my [earpiece] so I went with what I was last told.As far as I knew it was the right call, it was what I had been told."
VideoETA and TVShowsOnDVD have announced that ABC and Disney will release a DVD set (both regular and Blu-ray) for the final season of 'Lost' on August 24. The set will include various features such as a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the final season (and the show in general), interviews with cast and crew, audio commentaries, bloopers, deleted scenes, and hopefully some answers that we probably won't get when the show ends.
When The Soupy Sales Show was live, his staff set him up for a prank, according to an interview he did with NBC's Bob Costas. As he went into a commercial, he would hear a woman scream, open the door and see a pair of ladies' shoes being dragged out of the frame. But when he actually opened the door, all he saw was a woman wearing ONLY her shoes (I think, I never bothered to look at her feet).
This clip contains censored nudity. So if you're watching it at work, make sure you share it with everyone around you, especially the ladies.
This gag reel is on the Fringe first season DVD (I'm assuming), which came out yesterday. I don't know why, but I've always been a fan of gag reels and blooper shows. Some people can watch these and just sit there stone-faced. I find a lot of it very funny. The new season starts September 17.
[via Spoiler Geeks]
Apparently, Bill O'Reilly is a big offender, since he is practically the star of the "outbursts" section of 30 Hilarious TV Meltdowns, Outbursts and Blunders, a collection of video clips highlighting these funnies. In classic American Idol style, an auditioner from the X Factor goes off on Simon Cowell and friends when she is rejected. Whoo-boy.
My favorite meltdown has got to be when Bill Clinton loses it in fits of laughter when Boris Yeltsin calls a reporter a disaster, after the reporter claims their summit was one. Or is it when a bunch of kids pelt a reporter with snowballs?
But during this season, we saw more of a story arc and more episodes that dealt with backstory and not necessarily with items on Earl's list. And while I'm usually a fan of character development, sometimes I just want to see some well written humor. Fortunately there's plenty of that packed into this four-disc set too.
If you are a fan of both The Office and 30 Rock then you may be delighted or upset with the following information. The season three DVD box set of NBC's The Office is being released on September 4th, the same date that 30 Rock is being released. If money is no object, than this is good news. However, if you budgeted for only one DVD release then you may have an issue.
Maybe listing the bonus features will help you decide between the two box sets. The Office DVDs feature 3 hours of deleted scenes, 16 minutes of bloopers and commentaries made by eight of the cast members (not listed in the press release we were sent). Also featured are the Lazy Scranton and "Make your own promo contest" videos as well as a music video from Dwight Schrute himself.
Still not convinced? Well, take a look at Michael's expression on the DVD box art. He's so sad. It's like he's begging you to buy the DVD set. Now, how can you turn down a face like that?
- CBS has March Madness til 10, then it's a new 48 Hours Mystery.
- At 8, FOX has a new Cops.
- ABC has the special Celebrity A-List Bloopers at 8.
- NBC has a new Dateline at 8.
- There's a new Moving Up on TLC at 8.
- Disney has a new Kim Possible at 8.
- Also at 8: Spike has a new UFC Fight Night (all night, actually).
- At 9, FOX has a new America's Most Wanted.
- Cartoon Network has a new Naruto at 9, then new episodes of One Piece and Mar.
- At 10, TLC has a new Trading Spaces.
- HGTV has a new Design on a Dime at 10.
- TCM has the classic movie A Face In The Crowd at 10, with Andy Griffith and Patricia Neal.
- At 11, FOX has a new Mad TV.
- At 11:30, NBC has a new Saturday Night Live, with Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Snow Patrol.
- And TV Land is showing a Three's Company marathon all weekend.
Check your local TV listings for more.
Oh, and there's a "Sploiler Alert" (their spelling, not mine) that's fake. It's just meant to set up the next clip so don't get all mad at me like I ruined the ending or something... because it's a joke!!!
Video is after the jump. Warning: content is NSFW!
The new season of House kicks off tomorrow night, but before you settle into watch the abrasive wiseass genius cure all kinds of wacky diseases, I invite you to check out a few bloopers and outtakes from last season. The video is after the jump, and I'm not sure where the footage came from, but I would guess it's from one of the DVDs. It's about five and a half minutes and contains the usual blooper fare: botched lines, cracking up in the middle of a dramatic moment, and various hijinks, but there are some great moments when Hugh Laurie, rather than admit he messed up, just begins to improvise. Also, as far as I could tell, he never loses his American accent even when he's out of character. That's dedication, I'm telling you. Have a look:
This hails from the ancient days when Stephen Colbert was a correspondent on TDS. Whereas Jon often starts laughing during the program, Stephen's always tremendously solid and his character breaks are few and far between (especially in his TDS days). I remember being in tears from laughing so hard when this first aired (it's amazing how Stephen looks like he's crying painfully when he can't stop laughing). The whole clip is pretty funny, but the best bit starts two minutes into the video.
The Daily Show goes bananas! After the jump...
YouTube is quickly becoming a great place for local news bloopers. A friend alerted me to this one the other day. The anchor's slip-up about a Mount Everest climber just defies explanation. I don't want to ruin it for you, just check it out.
And, Lost Remote brought two other clips to my attention. One is a rapping traffic report. By a white girl. With blonde hair. And she's rapping about morning commute traffic. In North Carolina. The other clip is of the Terre Haute, Indiana weather wars promos featured prominently on The Daily Show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals': 21 Moments in the Mikaelson Family Journey from 'Farewell to Storyville'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Rehearsal Photos: Billy Dee Williams and Emma Slater
- The 16 Best Blind Auditions from 'The Voice' Season 6
- Meet the Cast of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 18
- 'Nashville' Season 2 Episode Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- 'The Flash' photos: Fans catch Grant Gustin in-costume on the 'Arrow' spinoff set
- 'Legit' goes 'Racist': Dan Bakkedahl teases Season 2, episode 3
- 'Suburgatory': Cheryl Hines' Dallas gets a make-under in 'I'm Just Not That Into Me'
- MTV's 'The Challenge' Season 25 will be 'The Challenge: Free Agents': Who's competing?
- 'Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule': Tim and Eric's Married News Team returns in 'Home' clip
- More From Zap2it
- History Lassoes Texas Rising With Bill Paxton, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Chad Michael Murray
- Exclusive Reign First Look: Francis' Former Flame Returns — and She's Got a Knife!
- The Originals Sneak Peek: Elijah Dances with Hayley and Klaus Gets Flirty… With Genevieve?!
- TVLine Items: Law & Order: SVU Villain Returns, Keke Palmer Joins Masters of Sex and More
- Exclusive Vikings Sneak Peek: Lagertha's New Husband May Be an Earl, But He's No Prince
- More From TVLine