My Name is Earl: The Magic Hour/Vote For This and I Promise to do Something Crazy at the Emmys (season premiere)
(S04E1/S04E02) "Kenny, I'll get you a Wet-Nap. Your people love those." - Earl Hickey
Well, they wasted no time getting Earl back on track this season.
I must admit that while I enjoyed some of Earl's coma dreams and most of his stay in prison, even I was relieved to see the list back in play.
It's been so long since I've seen Seth Green be funny in anything, I forgot how funny he actually is. Seeing how Green spends a good part of his career making short films and animation that mercilessly mock the current state of cinema, he was the perfect choice for his role.
This episode does a great job on both of those fronts. In fact, while I tend to prefer episodes where Earl gets to cross something off his list, this episode would have been just fine if Earl hadn't been in it at all. I'm not sure I'd watch a show with Randy or Joy as the main character (although last week's My Name is Randy/Joy/Crabman sequences make me wonder), but they can each certainly hold their own in a fight. Or at least we know Joy can.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Following' Season 3 Premiere: 19 Moments from Joy to Misery in 'New Blood'
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.15 Photos: Unlikely Alliances
- 'The 100' Episode 2.15 Photos: Time for a Battle!
- 'Better Call Saul' Recap: Has Jimmy Discovered His Calling?
- 'The Voice' Recap: Which Coach Makes a Major Comeback?
- More From BuddyTV
- The Voice Recap: Chair-iats of Fire
- Pilot News: Glee's Jane Lynch to Star as CBS' Angel From Hell
- The Following Season Premiere Recap: Wait, Who Was Driving That Car?
- Pilot News: True Blood Alum Is Frankenstein's Monster
- Pilot News: Private Practice Alum KaDee Strickland to Lead CBS' Doubt
- More From TVLine
- Sad News, Jared Leto Cut Off His Beautiful Long Hair
- Maggie Smith to Leave 'Downton Abbey': 'I Certainly Can't Keep Going'
- Lady Gaga to Taylor Swift: 'Your Prince Charming Will Come!'
- America Has Spoken: George Clooney Is the Most Stylish Man of All Time!
- 'Married at First Sight': Reality Stunt or Legitimate Matchmaking?
- More From ET