Adult Swim, you know I love you, but damn it, you make it so difficult to find information on upcoming series. Nevertheless, there seem to be a few clues floating around the online world of Adult Swim that indicate Tim and Eric, creators of one of favorite series of the last couple years, Tom Goes to the Mayor, are developing a sketch show (working title: Sketch Show) which is currently set to debut on February 11 at 12:15 am Sunday evening (early Monday morning). As I've stated before, this may have been mentioned on the Adult Swim TV bumps, but being a Tivo rider, I often miss those. However, the duo mentioned originally wanting to do a sketch show with Bob Odenkirk in this long and rambling IM interview, and the folks over at the Adult Swim messageboards have been chatty-chatting about it, as well.
I'm going to assume this new series won't be animated, which is just fine with me. I may very well be accused of blasphemy here, but I would love to see Adult Swim become its own 24-hour network dedicated to anything weird and unique, animated or otherwise. It seems to be going in that direction anyway, and if that means a place where alternative ideas can grow and flourish, that doesn't seem like such a terrible thing.
(S02E02) This episode will air Sunday night on Adult Swim, but you can catch it over at the Adult Swim Fix site now. This episode begins with Tom visiting the town "darn" (he doesn't like to say "dam") while on a field trip with his adult school class. Sean Hayes from Will and Grace does a hilarious turn as a tour guide.
It turns out the dam is also home to Bass Fest (that's "bass" as in the musical instrument, not the fish). I'm actually a bass player myself, so I have to admit all the bass references cracked me up, especially when bass player Wizzard (Bob Odenkirk) announces on TV that he'll be playing a G three octaves lower than anyone has ever played. Tom tries to protest the festival, however, when he discovers that the low frequencies could rupture the dam. He takes his position in his "protest canoe" above the dam, and begs Wizzard to stop playing when leaks start appearing and water begins to pour out of the dam. The Mayor insists it's not the bass playing but Tom's "heavy canoe" that's causing the dam to give.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.2 Photos: NFL Star Tony Gonzalez Guest Stars
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won Part 2 of the Final HoH Competition?
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Epsode 6 Photos: The Art of the Hair Flip
- 'Big Brother 16' Clip Show Recap: The Final 3 Look Back at the Season
- More From BuddyTV
- Outlander Post Mortem: Sam Heughan Bares All About the Wedding Night
- Outlander Recap: Virgin Territory
- Ratings: Big Brother Clip Show Tops Friday Night, While Utopia Hits Low
- Once Upon a Time Drafts Army Wives' Sally Pressman in Season 4
- TVLine's Performers of the Week (tie): Jenna Coleman and Tobias Menzies
- More From TVLine