In a pre-recorded clip, Winfrey showed the women working out and talking about their experience. "I have to admit I wouldn't imagine myself at almost 50 wearing a tank top and stretchy pants in front of the camera," said one woman working on an elliptical machine.
There's no way to quantify whether they actually seem 20 years younger, but some of them reported benefits like kicking blood pressure pills. Maybe they mostly feel 20 years younger.
I haven't watched Oprah for years, but I'll be tuning in this week and maybe even recording the shows to watch again later. Why? Because she's got a bunch of shows I can really use!
After admitting to the world that her weight has crept back up to 200 lbs. (although if a celebrity says they weigh 200 lbs., really they weigh at least 220 lbs. - trust me on this), she's getting back on that wagon and taking that fat bull by the horns.
Here's the rundown for her "Best Life Week," day by day:
Monday, Jan. 5: Your Weight. To get back on track, Oprah talks about her diet, workout plan, and ways to put yourself back on the priority list. Her workout guy Bob Greene stops by to help us all out of a rut. I just joined a gym, so I'm completely on-board with this one.
Besides all of the stuff you know you'd be able to buy at the store (Oprah books, O magazine, books by Oprah-endorsed people such as Maya Angelou, Dr. Mehmet Oz and Bob Greene), you can also get $300 Gianfranco Ferre brown crocodile ankle boots, velour jogging suits, and polo shirt/leash outfits for your dog. What, no cars or refrigerators?
Yes, kiddies, Oprah and her cabal have started a satellite radio station. But you might have to concentrate hard to actually hear the big O on the channel; according to this article, she will only be on one 30 minute show per week, dishing with her buddy Gayle King about celebrities and whatnot.
What you will hear are the people whose careers O has propped up through her TV show: King, trainer Bob Greene, financial expert Jean Chatsky (mmm... Jean Chatsky), psychologist Dr. Robin Smith, and Dr. Mehmet Oz. Oh, and Maya Angelou gets a show, too (let's hope little Jimmy Norton does a guest shot in an O/O&A crossover). So, it's just like the Oprah show you love, but longer and more self-important. Enjoy!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- [Video] 'The Bachelor' Season 19: Estrogen Mayhem and a Pregnancy Test
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.9 Photos: Mommy, Daddy and Hope!
- If I Am Going Down That Dark Alley Then I Want These Characters With Me
- 'The Flash': The Good and Evil from 'Power Outage'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Winter Finale Photos: Christmas Memories
- More From BuddyTV
- Emily Deschanel Talks Bones Season 11: 'I'm Up For It!"
- Forever Video: Henry and Jo Want to Know Who Put Out a Hit on This Brit
- The Missing Sneak Peek: Emily Finally Says What She's Really Thinking
- Fall TV Report Card: Are Your Freshman Faves Making the Grade? Have Any 'Doomed' Noobs Dodged the Axe?
- Real World's Ryan Knight Dead at 29
- More From TVLine
- Ryan Knight of MTV's 'Real World' Dies at 29
- How 9 Celebs Set Their Thanksgiving Tables and Celebrated with Family
- 9 Topics to Talk About During Thanksgiving Dinner (That Won't Start Any Family Fights)
- As New Cosby Accusers Come Forward, Legal Options Remain Limited
- Watch Michael Douglas Sneak Up On His Legendary Dad
- More From ET