In a pre-recorded clip, Winfrey showed the women working out and talking about their experience. "I have to admit I wouldn't imagine myself at almost 50 wearing a tank top and stretchy pants in front of the camera," said one woman working on an elliptical machine.
There's no way to quantify whether they actually seem 20 years younger, but some of them reported benefits like kicking blood pressure pills. Maybe they mostly feel 20 years younger.
I haven't watched Oprah for years, but I'll be tuning in this week and maybe even recording the shows to watch again later. Why? Because she's got a bunch of shows I can really use!
After admitting to the world that her weight has crept back up to 200 lbs. (although if a celebrity says they weigh 200 lbs., really they weigh at least 220 lbs. - trust me on this), she's getting back on that wagon and taking that fat bull by the horns.
Here's the rundown for her "Best Life Week," day by day:
Monday, Jan. 5: Your Weight. To get back on track, Oprah talks about her diet, workout plan, and ways to put yourself back on the priority list. Her workout guy Bob Greene stops by to help us all out of a rut. I just joined a gym, so I'm completely on-board with this one.
Besides all of the stuff you know you'd be able to buy at the store (Oprah books, O magazine, books by Oprah-endorsed people such as Maya Angelou, Dr. Mehmet Oz and Bob Greene), you can also get $300 Gianfranco Ferre brown crocodile ankle boots, velour jogging suits, and polo shirt/leash outfits for your dog. What, no cars or refrigerators?
Yes, kiddies, Oprah and her cabal have started a satellite radio station. But you might have to concentrate hard to actually hear the big O on the channel; according to this article, she will only be on one 30 minute show per week, dishing with her buddy Gayle King about celebrities and whatnot.
What you will hear are the people whose careers O has propped up through her TV show: King, trainer Bob Greene, financial expert Jean Chatsky (mmm... Jean Chatsky), psychologist Dr. Robin Smith, and Dr. Mehmet Oz. Oh, and Maya Angelou gets a show, too (let's hope little Jimmy Norton does a guest shot in an O/O&A crossover). So, it's just like the Oprah show you love, but longer and more self-important. Enjoy!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.21 Photos: Oliver Joins the League of Assassins
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Live Blog: Eras, Immunity, Dance-Offs and the Top 7
- 'The Voice' Live Blog: Gwen, Usher and CeeLo Return to Advise the Top 8
- 'Once Upon a Time': 20 Moments of Emma and Regina's Road Trip From 'Lily'
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'High Sparrow'
- More From BuddyTV
- The Voice: Advice, Caveats and Dream Set Lists for the Season 8 Top 8
- NCIS: Emily Wickersham Previews a Sad Loss, Gibbs''Secret Relationship'
- The Originals' Danielle Campbell Talks Davina's Plan to Kill Klaus, Revive Kol
- The Unauthorized Full House Story Greenlit at Lifetime
- Outlander Stars Talk Fraser Sibling Rivalry, 'Harrowing' Prep for Next Ep
- More From TVLine
- Penelope Cruz Sizzles in a Skintight Red Jumpsuit for 'Zoolander 2'
- Ellen Pompeo Speaks Out on Patrick Dempsey's 'Grey's Anatomy' Exit
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts Another Bathroom Scale Pic -- See How Much She Weighs Now!
- Is Jake Gyllenhaal Dating Rachel McAdams?
- Khloe and Kim Kardashian In the Same Plunging White Dress -- Who Wore It Best?
- More From ET