Brady works his way through the spoof with his usual sharp dance moves, but the hulking Tyson stomps and lumbers with very little semblance of grace.
The differences were on full display when they shared the stage on Group Day. So Medina thought he'd found a way to stand out by choosing an unlikely song in Bobby Brown's "My Prerogative," and interpreting it with acoustic guitar in accompaniment.
Higgins upstaged him in energy and powerhouse vocals on Group Day, so he can't have been pleased to find out Higgins was also doing "My Prerogative."
'American Idol' airs Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8PM on FOX.
Well, Nicole knew a tomato is a fruit (not a vegetable) but didn't know why, and then wondered about the kiwi.... Jay was relieved to hear none of Kevin's four kids is home-schooled. And even entertainment knowledge was a stumper, as Bobby Brown completely flubbed the title of a Brad Pitt movie.
Watch the video after the jump.
And Whitney benefited, too. Her new CD debuted at number one on the Billboard chart, a fact confirmed at the end of the second half that was broadcast today. So Whitney won and Oprah won and Clive Davis was happy and smiling, probably because he had orchestrated the whole thing behind the scenes.
Judging by part one, it was a pretty powerful interview for Oprah. She was on her game. The setting was an empty theater, just Oprah and Whitney. Presumably, this was a no-holds-barred session, so I expected Oprah to ask the tough questions about Whitney's dysfunctional marriage to Bobby Brown, her drug use, the days she spent holed up in a stupor. It wasn't exactly A&E's Intervention, but for Oprah, it was penetrating.
Sadly, Whitney Houston's GMA appearance was sad. Her voice cracked and she seemed to be struggling to sing one of her biggest hits, "I'm Every Woman," which ironically was used as the theme for The Oprah Winfrey Show for years. I say ironically because Whitney explained to the fans at one point that her voice was a wreck because she had talked too much during her appearance on Oprah earlier in the week. Ouch!
The entire appearance was enough to make you cringe. At one point, Whitney called her daughter, Bobbi Kristina, out to the stage to sing with her. Bobbi has grown into a beautiful young woman from the teenager she was on Being Bobby Brown, the infamous Bravo reality show starring Whitney and then hubby Bobby.
It will hopefully be a positive change of pace for La Houston. The last time Whitney was all over TV was when she "co-starred" on the Bravo reality series Being Bobby Brown. That slice of life, unscripted gem might have been the worst thing Houston ever did in her professional career.
The eight-episode season of Outsider's Inn will premiere on CMT in August. Viewers can expect to see the unlikely team of entrepreneurs handle day-to-day operations of the inn, interact with guests, and engage in bizarre behavior. I can't imagine the kind of entertainment Bobby Brown will arrange for the B&B.
- Just in time for Mother's Day, Buzz Sugar lists some memorable TV mothers and daughters.
- Bobby Brown is suing Whitney Houston.
- Growing Pains star Kirk Cameron goes on Nightline to prove that God exists.
- Maxim picks the worst TV series endings of all-time.
- Don Imus might want $200 million from CBS.
- CNN International says that Bush resigned. Ooops!
- Megan over at TVGuide.com really likes Criss Angel (and he has a new book out too).
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- When did Heather Mills become all pesty and paranoid?
- Rumor is that Bobby Brown is planning his own reality dating show.
- Sanjaya Malakar now has Howard Stern's support in addition to the backing of Vote for the Worst. What will happen if he actually wins?
I can't imagine what happened to spur Whitney to move across the country and file for separation. Their marriage survived drug addiction, Bobby's arrests, and a domestic abuse trial. Maybe he forgot to put the toilet seat down.
- The mag lists the best of the worst reality shows, including Being Bobby Brown and Temptation Island.
- Everyone seems to be giving their opinions on who should be on the Emmy ballots, and so is EW.
- Dane Cook talks about his HBO Tourgasm show.
- New on DVD: they give a B+ to the first season of Medium, and give an A to the first season of Walker, Texas Ranger (!!!!)
In what should come as no surprise to anyone, Bobby Brown was arrested recently on an outstanding warrant charge. Well, actually the warrant was from 1992 and involved driving without a license and having an uninsured vehicle trailer. It would have been better fodder for the gossip rags if it somehow involved drugs and hookers, but what can you do? Brown was in town for his daughter's cheerleading tournament. Afterwards he drove to the police station, was detained for an hour, paid his bail, and left. *YAWN* Next time, maybe he could at least knock over a stack of papers or something.
Makes our girl Jen Aniston look a lot classier right now, doesn't it?
[via Pop Candy]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Colbert Report's Final Episode: Murder, Santa Claus and So. Many. Celebrities.
- Post Mortem: Covert Affairs EPs on Annie's Big Choices, Auggie's News — Plus: Will There Be a Season 6?
- Post Mortem: White Collar Boss on Neal's Last Con, Alternate Ending
- Parenthood Creator Jason Katims Confirms Series Finale Airdate, Title
- Vampire Diaries: Ian Somerhalder to Direct Season 6 Episode
- More From TVLine
- Kate Upton Named People's Sexiest Woman Alive
- Sony Hacking Scandal: Did Hollywood Cave In?
- Craig Ferguson Passes 'The Late Late Show' Torch to James Corden
- Gloria Estefan Dreams of Performing in a Free Cuba, Can She Go Home?
- 'American Horror Story': Neil Patrick Harris Arrives at the Freak Show
- More From ET