April 17, 2015
by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 18th 2009 5:02PM
What is a best and worst list anyway? Is it truly a list of the best shows of the year and the worst shows of the year based on quality alone or do we have personal "favorites" in there too? Even if you watch 10 hours of TV a day there's no way that any TV critic can watch every single show, so there might be some gaps in what one person considers the "best and worst" and what another person has on their list.
Here are my picks.
1. Mad Men. There was no other drama this year that did so many things in so many ways. It's funny how a lot of people kept saying that "nothing ever happens" on this show. Actually, everything happened on this show, and it's all acted, written, and filmed in such a gorgeous way. This is a beautiful television series.
Here's one of the more talked about scenes from this season:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Messengers: Do You Have Faith in The CW's New Supernatural Drama?
- American Idol: What Should the Top 6 Sing for 'Arena Anthems' Week?
- TVLine Items: Weeds Star Joins Preacher, Masters Kid Cast and More
- Arrow: 10 Things to Know About the Sexy, Scary Return to Nanda Parbat
- Vampire Diaries EP on Caroline's Next Move: 'Her Danger Knows No Bounds'
- More From TVLine
- Sofia Vergara Refutes Ex-Fiance's Claims She Wanted Frozen Embryos Destroyed
- Meet Country Music's Next Superstar: Thomas Rhett
- 'Love & Mercy' Trailer Promises You'll Never Listen to the Beach Boys the Same Again
- Garth Brooks Counts Down ACMs Weekend With '#GarthGrams'
- Inside Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley and Lady Antebellum's ACM Rehearsals: What to Expect from Sunday's Show
- More From ET