January 29, 2015
by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 18th 2009 5:02PM
What is a best and worst list anyway? Is it truly a list of the best shows of the year and the worst shows of the year based on quality alone or do we have personal "favorites" in there too? Even if you watch 10 hours of TV a day there's no way that any TV critic can watch every single show, so there might be some gaps in what one person considers the "best and worst" and what another person has on their list.
Here are my picks.
1. Mad Men. There was no other drama this year that did so many things in so many ways. It's funny how a lot of people kept saying that "nothing ever happens" on this show. Actually, everything happened on this show, and it's all acted, written, and filmed in such a gorgeous way. This is a beautiful television series.
Here's one of the more talked about scenes from this season:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Empire Recap: Bang! Bang! There Goes His Heart!
- The Americans Season 3 Premiere Recap: Nyet Matrix
- Pilots: ABC Orders Flesh and Blood Thriller from Scandal/Grey's Vet
- Post Mortem: Suits Boss Talks Louis' (Unforgivable?) Actions, Donna's Sex Confession and Multiple S-Bombs
- Pilots: CBS Orders Bradley Cooper- Produced Limitless Drama, 2 Comedies
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber Addresses His 'Arrogant' Behavior in Emotional Video: 'I'm Not Who I Was'
- 'Empire' Episode 4 Recap: The Good, The Bad, and The Cookie
- Amanda Peet Thought 'Game of Thrones' Was Going to Be a 'Terrible Idea'
- Star Shots: What's On Instagram?
- North West Flushed Kanye's Cell Phone Down the Toilet
- More From ET