September 17, 2014
by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 18th 2009 5:02PM
What is a best and worst list anyway? Is it truly a list of the best shows of the year and the worst shows of the year based on quality alone or do we have personal "favorites" in there too? Even if you watch 10 hours of TV a day there's no way that any TV critic can watch every single show, so there might be some gaps in what one person considers the "best and worst" and what another person has on their list.
Here are my picks.
1. Mad Men. There was no other drama this year that did so many things in so many ways. It's funny how a lot of people kept saying that "nothing ever happens" on this show. Actually, everything happened on this show, and it's all acted, written, and filmed in such a gorgeous way. This is a beautiful television series.
Here's one of the more talked about scenes from this season:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Recap: Jax's Secret Campaign to Take Down Lin Begins
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Final Power of Veto?
- 'America's Got Talent' Recap: The Final Performances of Season 9
- 'Dance Moms' Recap: Cathy's Insults Send Abby Over the Edge
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: All Guns, No Roses
- Finding Carter EP Explains Season Finale Twists, Defends Max's Decision
- The Originals' Nathan Parsons to Lead Amazon Pilot From Lost Boss
- Mindy Project Premiere Recap: Diamond Dan Dances Again
- New Girl Season 4 Premiere Recap: Say Yes to the Jess
- More From TVLine
- Meredith Vieira Opens Up About Why She Stayed in an Abusive Relationship
- Matt Damon Headed Back To Play Jason Bourne Yet Again
- Nick Jonas Turns 22, Becomes a Model & Drops New Video
- Taylor Swift Proves She is the Ultimate Cat Lady
- Robin Thicke Admits to Drug Abuse, Says Paula Patton Left Because He Told Her 'The Truth'
- More From ET