by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 18th 2009 5:02PM
What is a best and worst list anyway? Is it truly a list of the best shows of the year and the worst shows of the year based on quality alone or do we have personal "favorites" in there too? Even if you watch 10 hours of TV a day there's no way that any TV critic can watch every single show, so there might be some gaps in what one person considers the "best and worst" and what another person has on their list.
Here are my picks.
1. Mad Men. There was no other drama this year that did so many things in so many ways. It's funny how a lot of people kept saying that "nothing ever happens" on this show. Actually, everything happened on this show, and it's all acted, written, and filmed in such a gorgeous way. This is a beautiful television series.
Here's one of the more talked about scenes from this season:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Blacklist,''Supernatural,''Glee,' and more of the best lines on TV this week
- 'Breaking the Faith': Worldly education in Salt Lake City
- 'The Mentalist' - 'Green Thumb': Back where we started
- 'Homeland' Season 3 episode 11 'Big Man in Tehran' recap: Brody chooses a side
- 'Amazing Race' 24 is all-stars: Which teams are returning?
- More From Zap2it
- Revenge Recap: The Bitch Is Back!
- Once Upon a Time Recap: Curses, Foiled Again!
- Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Masters of Sex, HIMYM, Scandal, Tomorrow People & More
- Paul Rudd Hosts Saturday Night Live: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- What to Watch Sunday: Race Finishes, Mentalist Fall Finale, Bonnie & Clyde Ride Again and More
- More From TVLine