March 1, 2015
by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 18th 2009 5:02PM
What is a best and worst list anyway? Is it truly a list of the best shows of the year and the worst shows of the year based on quality alone or do we have personal "favorites" in there too? Even if you watch 10 hours of TV a day there's no way that any TV critic can watch every single show, so there might be some gaps in what one person considers the "best and worst" and what another person has on their list.
Here are my picks.
1. Mad Men. There was no other drama this year that did so many things in so many ways. It's funny how a lot of people kept saying that "nothing ever happens" on this show. Actually, everything happened on this show, and it's all acted, written, and filmed in such a gorgeous way. This is a beautiful television series.
Here's one of the more talked about scenes from this season:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Kenya Accuses Phaedra of Infidelity
- 'Battle Creek' Series Premiere Recap: Will These Cops Ever Become Buddies?
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 5 Finale Recap: A Scandalous Christmas and a Fond Farewell
- 'Once Upon a Time' Mid-Season Premiere Recap: Who Makes It into Storybrooke?
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': What Needs to Happen in Season 2
- More From BuddyTV
- Battle Creek: Does This Procedural Boast CBS' Better Odd Couple?
- Secrets and Lies: What's Your Verdict on ABC's New Murder Mystery?
- Downton Abbey Season Finale Recap: 'Proposals and Propositions'
- Good Wife Recap: Cash Twenty-Two
- The Last Man on Earth: Is Fox's New Post-Apocalyptic Comedy a Survivor?
- More From TVLine