July 22, 2014
by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 18th 2009 5:02PM
What is a best and worst list anyway? Is it truly a list of the best shows of the year and the worst shows of the year based on quality alone or do we have personal "favorites" in there too? Even if you watch 10 hours of TV a day there's no way that any TV critic can watch every single show, so there might be some gaps in what one person considers the "best and worst" and what another person has on their list.
Here are my picks.
1. Mad Men. There was no other drama this year that did so many things in so many ways. It's funny how a lot of people kept saying that "nothing ever happens" on this show. Actually, everything happened on this show, and it's all acted, written, and filmed in such a gorgeous way. This is a beautiful television series.
Here's one of the more talked about scenes from this season:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Cast Photos
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Revelation'
- 'Mistresses' Poll: Should Karen Have Chosen Jacob Over Anna?
- [Video] 'Bachelor in Paradise' Preview: Lots of Tears, Hookups and Regrets
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: A Possible Divorce, Another Arrest and a Broken Friendship
- More From BuddyTV
- Covert Affairs Casts Lynn Collins as 'Formidable' Russian Agent
- TVLine Items: Ken Jeong Plays Himself on MTV, James Garner Tribute and More
- What Happens Next, The Good Wife: Will Alicia Become State's Attorney?
- Suits Sneak Peek: Louis Gives Donna the Greatest Gift of All
- Once Upon a Time Casting Another Frozen Role — Who Should Fill It?
- More From TVLine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 With Bikini-Filled Girls Trip With Cara Delevingne
- An Elderly Man Throws Crutches Away to Dance
- Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello Step Out as One Hot Couple
- The Environmental Protection Agency Apologizes for Kim Kardashian Game Tweet
- George Harrison Memorial Tree Destroyed by Beetles
- More From ET