April 18, 2014
by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 18th 2009 5:02PM
What is a best and worst list anyway? Is it truly a list of the best shows of the year and the worst shows of the year based on quality alone or do we have personal "favorites" in there too? Even if you watch 10 hours of TV a day there's no way that any TV critic can watch every single show, so there might be some gaps in what one person considers the "best and worst" and what another person has on their list.
Here are my picks.
1. Mad Men. There was no other drama this year that did so many things in so many ways. It's funny how a lot of people kept saying that "nothing ever happens" on this show. Actually, everything happened on this show, and it's all acted, written, and filmed in such a gorgeous way. This is a beautiful television series.
Here's one of the more talked about scenes from this season:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Reign' Episode 21 Photos: The Madness of King Henry
- 'Reign': 17 Moments of James, Marriage Troubles and Catherine?s Plots from 'No Exit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 5.20 and 5.21 Photos: Stelena in Danger
- 'Parenthood' Season 5 Highlights: Break-ups, Breakdowns and Breakthroughs
- Best 'Vampire Diaries' Quotes from 'Resident Evil'
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: New Normal Heart Trailer, Fox Pulls High-Def Block, Workaholic Visits Parks and More
- Did Originals Death Upset? Was Parenthood Coming Out a Shock? Mad Eyesore? And More Qs
- Ratings: Scandal Finale Draws Record Crowd
- Exclusive Castle Sneak Peek: Can 'Captain' Rick and 'Cupcake' Kate Solve a '70s Murder?
- Scandal Bloopers? Jimmy Kimmel Has It Handled
- More From TVLine