October 24, 2014
by Bob Sassone, posted Dec 18th 2009 5:02PM
What is a best and worst list anyway? Is it truly a list of the best shows of the year and the worst shows of the year based on quality alone or do we have personal "favorites" in there too? Even if you watch 10 hours of TV a day there's no way that any TV critic can watch every single show, so there might be some gaps in what one person considers the "best and worst" and what another person has on their list.
Here are my picks.
1. Mad Men. There was no other drama this year that did so many things in so many ways. It's funny how a lot of people kept saying that "nothing ever happens" on this show. Actually, everything happened on this show, and it's all acted, written, and filmed in such a gorgeous way. This is a beautiful television series.
Here's one of the more talked about scenes from this season:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- How to Get Away With Murder Recap: The Writing's on the Wallpaper
- Scandal Recap: The One Where Everyone Believes that Jake Killed a Kid
- Project Runway Finale: Did the Right Designer Win Season 13?
- ABC Orders More Castle, Once, Grey's Anatomy and 5 Other Series
- Vampire Diaries Recap: Paternity Quest
- More From TVLine
- Kelly Osbourne Gets Tattoo In Memory of Joan Rivers
- Tori Spelling Sends Out Cryptic Message from Hospital -- Is She Leaving Dean?
- Mama June Reacts to Claims She's Dating a Convicted Sex Offender
- Justin Bieber Uses a Disney-Inspired Pick-Up Line on a Model!
- From Sea Urchins To Getting Framed, Taylor Swift Reveals Her Biggest Phobias
- More From ET