Case in point: fresh off a career-changing appearance in the filthy-joke documentary The Aristocrats, and on the heels of directing the forthcoming satire Farce of the Penguins, Saget has been signed to host... a game show. Saget has signed to host NBC's game show 1 Vs. 100, based on a worldwide hit show that pits one contestant against 100 in a trivia contest. Because NBC sees this as a companion to Deal or No Deal, they figured they should follow the same formula: hire a stand-up comedian with some edge and a ready-made TV fanbase.
So, will we get a TV-fied version of the edgy Saget from the last few years, or the bland, unfunny Saget we saw on Full House and America's Funniest Home Videos? Who would you rather see?
[thanks to bobsagetisgod.com for the pic!]
When Bob Saget came into the mainstream via hit shows like Full House and America's Funniest Home Videos he was slammed as being the poster boy for bland, safe humor, personifying the kind of man you could invite to dinner at grandma's house and not worry he might offend her. Some of us, however, knew better. We knew him from his earlier stand-up days when his act was so vulgar, so subversive, that watching it in the wake of a Full House marathon was like watching Jesus himself suddenly pull off his mask to reveal that, yes, he was in fact Satan. Nowadays Saget is getting some notoriety for doing what he always did best, appearing in decidedly "non-Full House" roles in movies and TV, including Entourage and Half Baked. Now that Full House, or as I like to call it, "Bob Saget's eight-year vacation from himself" is behind him, it's time we all got to know the real Bob.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge': Winners and Losers from 'Surrender'
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 23 Finale Not So Fast Pass Rankings: How the Mighty Have Fallen
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 23 Finale Recap: Which Team Wins?
- 'Homeland' Recap: Brody's Allegiance is Questioned
- 'Revenge' Recap: Two Fiances are Better Than One
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Blacklist,''Supernatural,''Glee,' and more of the best lines on TV this week
- 'Breaking the Faith': Worldly education in Salt Lake City
- 'The Mentalist' - 'Green Thumb': Back where we started
- 'Homeland' Season 3 episode 11 'Big Man in Tehran' recap: Brody chooses a side
- 'Amazing Race' 24 is all-stars: Which teams are returning?
- More From Zap2it
- What to Watch Monday: The Sing-Off Returns, Sleepy Fall Finale, Christmas Light Fight and More
- Revenge Recap: The Bitch Is Back!
- Once Upon a Time Recap: Curses, Foiled Again!
- Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Masters of Sex, HIMYM, Scandal, Tomorrow People & More
- Paul Rudd Hosts Saturday Night Live: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- More From TVLine