According to E! Online, Handler will star opposite Laura Prepon in the NBC pilot. Prepon will play a fictionalized version of the E! host.
"I haven't read [her books]," Prepon told E! "But I've seen her a lot and it's going to be awesome. I am just starting to immerse myself in the Chelsea Handler of it all. She's an amazing woman.
"I'm from Jersey," Prepon said. "Chelsea and I are similar, so it's perfect we play sisters. It's funny, because her vodka is my favorite vodka too. We both drink the same thing!"
Comedian Jo Koy has also joined the pilot cast. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Koy will play a bartender at the club where Prepon works.
In other casting news ...
• Beverly D'Angelo has joined the cast of NBC's untitled Whitney Cummings pilot. The 'National Lampoons' veteran will play Cummings' cynical mother. [Deadline Hollywood]
• Donal Logue is making use of his post-'Terriers' free time by guest-starring on an episode of 'House.' He'll play the patient of the week in an early episode. Also appearing in that ep? Candice Bergen as Cuddy's mom. [TV Line]
• Eamonn Walker will star in Ron Moore's '17th Precinct.' The former star of 'The Whole Truth' will play Detective Chief Inspector Wilder Blanks opposite Jamie Bamber and Stockard Channing. [Deadline Hollywood]
And I think that's the last we'll see of the Chinese brain surgeon. What a catch he was though. Smart (well, obviously). Sweet. Attractive. Sleepy. Okay, that last one didn't go over too well. How could anyone, tired from neurosurgery or not, fall asleep on Lucy Liu's abs? She looked downright hot in that lingerie. It reminded me of the Desperate Housewives episode when Brie went to Rex's motel room and whipped off her fur coat to reveal a red lace bra and panties. (Of course that was Marcia Cross's body before the twins.) Then Brie ruined the sexy mood by obsessing about a burrito about to fall and stain the motel carpet.
More on last night's Cashmere Mafia (and no more on Desperate Housewives, I promise) after the jump...
(S01E06) Cashmere Mafia is slowly but surely getting better. Let me digress quickly by saying that I lost a little respect for Kanye West last night. "Stronger" as the opening song for Cashmere Mafia? Did the producers really think that CM was cool enough to warrant that song as the background music for the opening scenes? I guess Kanye West had a momentary loss of self-respect when he agreed to that.
But enough complaining. I said the show is getting better and I'm prepared to explain myself. Let's see what's going on with the girls this week. A full review after the jump...
Mia [whispers]: "I'm awesome."
Even my husband laughed out loud when Lucy Liu delivered that line. We got to see some more of Mia this episode which was nice. She went back and forth between the likeable but too-serious brain surgeon and the carefree and sexy "manny." By the way, did you find the brain surgeon too intense? I think he's sweet. The writers built him up as the stable, good-looking, intelligent man for Mia last episode then tore him down in the first ten minutes of this week's episode just to make room for a fling with the "manny."
More on Mia and the other girls after the jump...
(S01E04) "I am the worst lesbian ever."
Yes, Bonnie Somerville, you are the worst lesbian ever. And I am so glad that this pretending you're doing with Alicia will soon be over. Or at least I hope it will. I can't take the I-don't-know-if-I'm-really-gay storyline anymore. I fear Cashmere Mafia will drag it out for the entire season and dare I say, have Caitlin end up with Alicia. Ugh.
(S01E03) So I am really starting to enjoy Cashmere Mafia. And the reason? It's that little lady in the blue shirt above. Frances O'Connor is fantastic! Can you believe she's British? Her American accent sounds so natural. Furthermore, her comedic timing is always spot on.
Everyone else's storylines range from mediocre to pure crap. There's Juliet, who's moderately interesting. There's Caitlin who I like but they are trying to hard with her. And then there's Mia. Oh, Mamma Mia! You're story was so interesting that I checked my emails, Windexed my kitchen counters, and tidied up my living room during your scenes. And I didn't miss a thing.
(S01E02) I'm still not sure about Cashmere Mafia. And with Lipstick Jungle coming soon, they had better step up their game. I liked tonight's episode a little more than the pilot but I'm not as taken with the show as I'd like to be--the way I was after the first episodes of Desperate Housewives. DH had more compelling storylines and carefully mixed the comedy with the melodrama. Cashmere Mafia definitely had its funny moments last night (i.e. when Mia said that Juliet was an ice queen...sometimes) but parts of the show are just overdone.
Mostly, I think I want more interesting, quirky, accessible characters. The stories that CM has come up with for these women (who could potentially be very compelling) are shallow and contrived at times. More on this after the jump.
We TV Critics are dead on our feet now that we're in the last two days of a near-three week press tour at the Beverly Hilton, but that hasn't stopped us from getting dish from actors and producers here to hawk their fall ABC series.
On stage to promote Cashmere Mafia (a series about four women living life in New York City) creator Darren Star was asked about his other program about four women that call the Big Apple home. Star says: "There's a [film] script. It's in the form of pre-production."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Voice Season 7 Knockout Pairings (and Song Choices) Revealed!
- How to Get Away With Murder Recap: The Writing's on the Wallpaper
- Scandal Recap: The One Where Everyone Believes that Jake Killed a Kid
- Project Runway Finale: Did the Right Designer Win Season 13?
- ABC Orders More Castle, Once, Grey's Anatomy and 5 Other Series
- More From TVLine
- Tori Spelling Sends Out Cryptic Message from Hospital -- Is She Leaving Dean?
- Mama June Reacts to Claims She's Dating a Convicted Sex Offender
- Justin Bieber Uses a Disney-Inspired Pick-Up Line on a Model!
- From Sea Urchins To Getting Framed, Taylor Swift Reveals Her Biggest Phobias
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Teases Us With Faux Sheer Look
- More From ET