Every year, The Boston Phoenix publishes a list of the 100 Unsexiest Men of the Year, where they judge 100 males involved in everything from sports to politics to the internet. They always include several TV faces (and other body parts), and this year they've included a cartoon character.
No, not Dr. Phil, though he is a bit of a cartoon. The "doctor" is on the list, but the cartoon character I'm talking about is Quagmire, from Family Guy. The Phoenix sends a note to creator Seth MacFarlane that "nothing screams hilarity like jokes about date rape!" Giggity.
Among the 100: Gilbert Gottfried, Roger Ebert, Randy Johnson, Dr. Phil, Alan Colmes, Michael Jackson, Jerry Seinfeld, Carrot Top, Edward James Olmos, Andy Dick, and Larry David.
Oh, and for good measure, they also throw in ... Brad Pitt.
Whitney Matheson of USAToday.com chimes in, listing some that the Phoenix forgot, all of which which happened to occur in the last few years.
One of my all-time favorite season-enders was the Seinfeld episode "The Opposite", mainly because of two lines:
1. "My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."
2. "Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle... Costanza?"
What are your favorite season finales? Let me know in the comments.
Among the best: Eddie Murphy in Bevery Hills Cop, Adam Sandler in The Wedding Singer, and Harry Shearer in This Is Spinal Tap. Among the worst: Eddie Murphy in The Adventures Of Pluto Nash, Adam Sandler in The Waterboy, and Jimmy Fallon in Fever Pitch.
OK, SNL fans, who's missing from this list?
Oprah Winfrey is the Most Powerful Person In The Universe (TM), but many people aren't happy with her power and reach, including Mark Jurkowitz of The Boston Phoenix. In this lengthy article, he talks about the many ways that we may have reason to fear Oprah, from her expensive seminars to the effect she has on news and culture, and her role as "sanctimonious bully" (those are the words of Robert Thompson, head of The Center For The Study Of Television) in her recent takedown of author James Frey.
What do you think? Do you like Oprah? Does this article make any good points?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Quest' Premiere Episode Photos
- The Final Rose: Josh and Andi's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Photos: The Final Rose
- 'The Bachelor' Season 19: Who Will Be the Next Bachelor?
- 'Once Upon a Time' Casts 'Frozen' Characters Prince Hans and Pabbie the Troll King
- More From BuddyTV
- The Originals' Claire Holt Joins NBC Drama Aquarius as Series Regular
- TV Land Cancels Kirstie Alley Sitcom Kirstie After One Season
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 2 Poster Promises Same Shift on a Different Day — Plus: An 'Artsy' Photo Shoot Video
- Will iZombie 'Out-Gore' Walking Dead? Is Veronica Mars Crossover Inevitable?
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams on Lady Stoneheart, 'Snobby' Book Readers and Her New Movie Heatstroke
- More From TVLine
- Rob Lowe for Shark Week—This is the Most Badass Video You'll See All Day!
- Watch Out New York – There's a Sharknado Coming!
- Elizabeth Banks Doesn't Want You to Be Ashamed of Sex
- 'The Bachelorette' Reveals Sappy Concession Letter from Runner-Up
- Exclusive: See Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber in Jail Together
- More From ET