Every year, The Boston Phoenix publishes a list of the 100 Unsexiest Men of the Year, where they judge 100 males involved in everything from sports to politics to the internet. They always include several TV faces (and other body parts), and this year they've included a cartoon character.
No, not Dr. Phil, though he is a bit of a cartoon. The "doctor" is on the list, but the cartoon character I'm talking about is Quagmire, from Family Guy. The Phoenix sends a note to creator Seth MacFarlane that "nothing screams hilarity like jokes about date rape!" Giggity.
Among the 100: Gilbert Gottfried, Roger Ebert, Randy Johnson, Dr. Phil, Alan Colmes, Michael Jackson, Jerry Seinfeld, Carrot Top, Edward James Olmos, Andy Dick, and Larry David.
Oh, and for good measure, they also throw in ... Brad Pitt.
Whitney Matheson of USAToday.com chimes in, listing some that the Phoenix forgot, all of which which happened to occur in the last few years.
One of my all-time favorite season-enders was the Seinfeld episode "The Opposite", mainly because of two lines:
1. "My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."
2. "Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle... Costanza?"
What are your favorite season finales? Let me know in the comments.
Among the best: Eddie Murphy in Bevery Hills Cop, Adam Sandler in The Wedding Singer, and Harry Shearer in This Is Spinal Tap. Among the worst: Eddie Murphy in The Adventures Of Pluto Nash, Adam Sandler in The Waterboy, and Jimmy Fallon in Fever Pitch.
OK, SNL fans, who's missing from this list?
Oprah Winfrey is the Most Powerful Person In The Universe (TM), but many people aren't happy with her power and reach, including Mark Jurkowitz of The Boston Phoenix. In this lengthy article, he talks about the many ways that we may have reason to fear Oprah, from her expensive seminars to the effect she has on news and culture, and her role as "sanctimonious bully" (those are the words of Robert Thompson, head of The Center For The Study Of Television) in her recent takedown of author James Frey.
What do you think? Do you like Oprah? Does this article make any good points?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Awkward, Shameless, Crisis, Mindy and More
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black Returns, a Devious Premiere, Salem and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Jack Gleeson
- Report: Gwen Stefani Replacing Christina Aguilera on The Voice Next Season
- Shane West Previews Scary Salem's 'Sense of Urgency and Dread,' Talks Taming His Wig
- More From TVLine
- John C. Reilly Takes You Behind The Scenes Of Disney's 'Bears'
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Star Alex O'Loughlin is Married!
- 'Jesus Christ Superstar' Creators Talk Show's Creation & Controversy
- 'Good Morning America' Promotes Lara Spencer to Co-Host
- Exclusive: Lionel Richie Recalls His Amazing Chance Meeting with Marvin Gaye
- More From ET