Every year, The Boston Phoenix publishes a list of the 100 Unsexiest Men of the Year, where they judge 100 males involved in everything from sports to politics to the internet. They always include several TV faces (and other body parts), and this year they've included a cartoon character.
No, not Dr. Phil, though he is a bit of a cartoon. The "doctor" is on the list, but the cartoon character I'm talking about is Quagmire, from Family Guy. The Phoenix sends a note to creator Seth MacFarlane that "nothing screams hilarity like jokes about date rape!" Giggity.
Among the 100: Gilbert Gottfried, Roger Ebert, Randy Johnson, Dr. Phil, Alan Colmes, Michael Jackson, Jerry Seinfeld, Carrot Top, Edward James Olmos, Andy Dick, and Larry David.
Oh, and for good measure, they also throw in ... Brad Pitt.
Whitney Matheson of USAToday.com chimes in, listing some that the Phoenix forgot, all of which which happened to occur in the last few years.
One of my all-time favorite season-enders was the Seinfeld episode "The Opposite", mainly because of two lines:
1. "My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."
2. "Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle... Costanza?"
What are your favorite season finales? Let me know in the comments.
Among the best: Eddie Murphy in Bevery Hills Cop, Adam Sandler in The Wedding Singer, and Harry Shearer in This Is Spinal Tap. Among the worst: Eddie Murphy in The Adventures Of Pluto Nash, Adam Sandler in The Waterboy, and Jimmy Fallon in Fever Pitch.
OK, SNL fans, who's missing from this list?
Oprah Winfrey is the Most Powerful Person In The Universe (TM), but many people aren't happy with her power and reach, including Mark Jurkowitz of The Boston Phoenix. In this lengthy article, he talks about the many ways that we may have reason to fear Oprah, from her expensive seminars to the effect she has on news and culture, and her role as "sanctimonious bully" (those are the words of Robert Thompson, head of The Center For The Study Of Television) in her recent takedown of author James Frey.
What do you think? Do you like Oprah? Does this article make any good points?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Glee' sneaks a sweet Cory Monteith tribute into Nationals episode 'City of Angels'
- 'Once Upon a Time' first look photos: See the Wicked Witch's Storybrooke alter ego Zelena
- Shantel VanSanten cast in 'Messengers,' aka The CW reunites 'One Tree Hill's' Clay and Quinn (kind of)
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 3, episode 23 promo: 'Someone's about to die' in 'Insatiable'
- Amazon orders 'The After,''Transparent,' more pilots to series: Report
- More From Zap2it