According to EW, Pileggi, known for playing Director Skinner on 'X Files,' will play Harris Ryland, the owner of Ryland Trucking and Shipping. He's also the ex-husband of Brenda Strong's character, Ann.
Strong told AOL TV a little bit about her 'Dallas' character.
"She's smart. She's grounded. She's like the new Miss Ellie," she said. "She sees a lot but doesn't say anything until she absolutely needs to and then when she does, she has words of wisdom and people listen. She's a tough cookie."
Pileggi recently popped up on 'Grey's Anatomy' and 'Leverage.'
In other TV news ...
Strong recently spoke to AOL TV about how she'll manage to do both shows and shared her thoughts about winning over the die-hard "Pam and Bobby" fans.
Read on to get the actress' thoughts on one beloved show ending and another one being revived.
According to E! Online, production troubles might cause the MTV series' planned season abroad to turn into a short-term vacation. Though E! reports there have been difficulties getting the proper filming permits, an Italian Film Commission rep said nobody from MTV has applied for any yet.
The real delay? Probably contract negotiations, as several cast members have not yet signed deals for the new season.
In other TV news ...
• 'Desperate Housewives' star Brenda Strong will play Ann Ewing, wife to Patrick Duffy's Bobby, on TNT's 'Dallas' reboot. The show will start shooting in Texas next month. [TV Guide]
• 'Mad Men' might be on hiatus until 2012, but we'll still be able to see the show this summer. Netflix announced that the show will be available to stream on its Watch Instantly service starting July 27. [Variety]
• Eleven new shows apparently weren't enough for Bravo. The network is developing two scripted and five new reality series, including 'Women of Wall Street' (about, well, the women of Wall Street), 'Gallery Girls' (about 20-something art gallery workers), 'The Annabel Tollman Project' (about a fashion editor–turned–celebrity stylist), 'Jason of Beverly Hills' (about a jeweler), 'The Kristoffer Winters Project' (about a house-flipper) and 'Face Down' (about a makeup artist). [THR]
Let's get it out of the way right now: this week's episode, 'Epiphany,' is no 'The Best Thing That Ever Could Have Happened,' the show's 100th episode which starred Beau Bridges last season and had the same episode format. No matter, this week's installment offered us a nice walk down memory lane, including scenes with Mary Alice (above with 4-year-old Eddie, while showing us why the latter became to be the Fairview Strangler.
This is Spoilers Anonymous, a weekly column here at TV Squad where we supply you with the dirt on some of the more popular shows on the air. We'll never put spoilers up here on the main page in order to help the reformed stay unspoiled. If you have anything to add to the group, feel free to step up and let yourself be heard, either with our tips form or by emailing us at tvsquad at gmail dot com, or call and leave a message at (775) 640-8479. Your anonymity is guaranteed, if you wish to remain as such.
This week we have spoilers for: 'Bones,' Castle,' 'Chuck,' 'Desperate Housewives,' 'Fringe,' 'Glee,' 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'How I Met Your Mother,' 'Lost,' 'NCIS,' and 'The Big Bang Theory.'
An E! correspondent talked to Alec Baldwin on the red carpet at an Elle party and Baldwin told her that he's getting a new love interest on the show. When asked who, he wouldn't say, but looked around and said it was someone who was near to them.
This news could make Sports Night fans go crazy like ... well, people who go crazy and stuff.
TV Shows On DVD is reporting that a 10th anniversary set for the short-lived ABC comedy is in the works, to be released this fall. As fans know, a complete DVD set for the show was already released a few years ago, but it didn't have any extras on it at all (and I remember that some of the first DVDs had a lot of problems with skipping and freezing, though I've never had a problem with my set). This set is rumored to have extras on it, and we can only hope that includes commentaries by the cast and Aaron Sorkin.
No word yet on who is putting it out or even why this set is getting the anniversary treatment (other than it's a great show and deserves it!). Maybe the success of Felicity Huffman and Brenda Strong on Desperate Housewives helped.
And yes there are MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD! So turn back now if you don't want to be spoiled!
There's a big twist coming to ABC's Desperate Housewives. And it involves Teri Hatcher and Marcia Cross wearing jetpacks and eating pills that will take the place of meals.
Well, OK, maybe they won't have any of that, but Desperate Housewives is taking a cue from Lost and will jump five years into the future in the last moments of the season finale in May. Cross let the news out on Ellen. But it's not going to do a back and forth in time like Lost, it's going to stay in the year 2013 (or will that be 2012, considering this season started in 2007?).
(S04E03) "Uncomfortable people don't ask questions." - Katherine
Last week introduced "Kree" or "Bretherine" (two suggestions made by TV Squad reader D) to us. Most of the TV Squad readers who took part in our poll seemed to like the nemesis and their respectful yet devilish fights. After last week's great episode, I had high expectations for this week's Desperate Housewives: I wanted more Bree and Katherine face offs, I wanted to get a few clues to the Mayfairs' secret, and I wanted the hit man hired by Carlos to take care of Edie.
After a controversial season premiere (in case you haven't heard, ABC had to apologize for a joke Susan made while in Adam's office), Desperate Housewives tries to have the Mayfairs, who moved to Wisteria Lane last week, settle in. In last week's TV Squad DH poll, 68% of the voters said they thought the Mayfairs were a good addition to the show. Based solely on last week's episode, I have to agree. But now that we are getting more backstory about the Mayfairs and seeing them interact more with their neighbors, have we changed our mind?
The ladies of Wisteria Lane are back and it's certain that they won't follow through on the promise they made to each other to not keep secrets! The Season Three finale of Desperate Housewives may not have been the most cliffhanger-y out there, but still, fans (I include myself in the lot) were wondering what was in store for the ladies and their men this upcoming season. But most importantly, we wanted to know if Edie survived her suicide attempt.
Even though I'm a spoilers addict and knew most of the answers to my own questions, spoilers are never 100% accurate so I was impatiently waiting for the episode. Sadly, the episode didn't give me all the goods I was waiting for.
And before you say anything, that's the word used by show creator Marc Cherry, not me.
At a TCA Q and A (check out the reports from Joel and Kevin here), the Desperate Housewives creator says he spends $100,000 a week just getting rid of nipples that show through clothing because "I've got a couple of actresses who refuse to wear bras, and the Standards and Practices go 'Can't see that'...then I'll turn on Friends and it's a Nipplefest."
It's funny because I was just noticing the other day on a Friends repeat that Jennifer Aniston was, um, showing quite a bit. Personally I would have used the word "Nipplepalooza," but that's just me. Now, who are the actresses he's talking about?
[via TV Tattle]
(S01E22) This is one of the more soap opera-ish of the Sports Night episodes, because it deals with relationships and secrets and who's sleeping with who and who knows and who doesn't know and will they find out. But it doesn't feel lie it, because it's still Sports Night, and that means it's still funny and smart and well done.
Gordon proposes to Dana, who has accepted, and this ticks off Casey, who knows that Gordon slept with Sally. But he can't tell Dana because then she'll find out that he too slept with Sally. Casey says he's just going to follow "Napoleon's Battle Plan" and just see what happens. Dan isn't sure if this is such a good idea, and has a plan of his own.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Crime' Review: ABC's New Gritty Drama Tackles Race and Social Class
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from Season 4 Finale
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Which 4 Girls are Going Home?
- [Video] 'The Bachelor' Season 19 Finale Preview: Chris Soules Struggles with His Final Decision
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Episode 5.24 Photos: The End of Alison's Trial Brings a Surprise Witness
- More From BuddyTV
- Banshee Penultimate Season 3 Sneak Peek: Job's Cover Blown!
- Nashville Recap: Happily Never After
- Post Mortem: Suits Boss on Donna's Surprise Move, Harvey's 'Emotional Block' and Mike and Rachel's [Spoiler]
- The 100 Recap: 'It Can't Be Over'
- Empire Post Mortem: Trai Byers on That Explosive Elevator Scene, Bipolar Stigma and Rhonda's 'Betrayal'
- More From TVLine
- Benji Madden Sends Love Messages to Cameron 'Bae' Diaz on Instagram
- Neil Patrick Harris Unlikely to Host the Oscars Again
- Bruce Willis to Make Broadway Debut in Adaptation of Stephen King's ‘Misery'
- Kim Kardashian Confession: 'I Have the Hairiest Forehead You Could Ever Imagine'
- That Time Chris Pratt Rescued Jeremy Sisto's Kids
- More From ET