Over a steak dinner, Brian prompts Quagmire to reveal exactly why he dislikes him. Figuring chiefly among Quagmire's reasons are Brian's "textbook liberal agenda," his pursuit of Lois, and pooping in the yard. Bad dog!
Watch the video after the jump.
Actually, that's not really what the episode is about. It's more about Chris' pursuit of a vet intern named Anna. While Chris' pursues Anna, he gets advice from Peter and the gang (which, as the history of the show has proven, is never a good idea).
The pirate segment of the episode wasn't very good and seemed out of place. Fortunately, it was very short. Despite its use in the promos, it was kind of forgettable. I did enjoy the car chase bit involving "sugar cane, tobacco and spices". The car chase itself seemed like something of a cross between a pirate movie and a video-game.
It should be noted that this season has been shortened to 12 episodes, most likely due to the writer's strike. The season finale will be shown next week. The remaining unfinished episodes will be part of next season's broadcast.
(S06E02) This is the 100th episode of Family Guy (if the three edited-for-TV episodes of Stewie Griffin: the Untold Story are counted). Not bad for a show that was canceled for a few years.
The plot involves Brian moving in with his vapid sometimes-girlfriend Jillian (voiced by Drew Barrymore). Stewie then joins them to help with the rent. Meanwhile, Meg gets a job at a convenience store and helps Chris get a job there which leads to bad repercussions.
A little over one year ago I mentioned that Brian and Stewie of Family Guy would be starring in their own online talk show. Tonight, before you settle in with a bag of Skittles and jar of moonshine (or whatever snacks you happen to enjoy) to watch the Oscars, head over to FOX.com to see Up Late with Stewie and Brian, a ten-minute, online-only talk show featuring an interview with Rob Corddry about his new show, The Winner (also created by Family Guy's Seth McFarlane and Ricky Blitt). The show will be available starting at 5 p.m. PST.
If you haven't had a chance to check out The Winner, you can watch some of the episodes online before they air on TV in March. I caught one episode, and while it wasn't perfect, I think the series might have potential. I like the premise of a developmentally arrested thirty-two year old with a teenage best friend, and Corddry is a goofy and likable leading man. I'm willing to give it a chance to grow on me.
This episode had a big Simpsons vibe to it, where one character tells a historical story and the characters from the show serve as the historical characters as well. This one had Peter telling the rest of the family the story of the Griffin family as they all hide out in a panic room while robbers break into the house. It all starts with the dinosaurs, and the show helpfully gives both the theory of evolution and the intelligent design theory (Jeannie blinked everything into existence).
Sure, JAG isn't even on anymore, but it was still funny.
Sorry, I just laughed throughout this entire episode. I guess there's just something really funny about gay dogs getting married and a giant gold statue of Dig 'Em, the Sugar Smacks mascot.
To be honest, I'm not even sure what the hell was going on there, it was so disturbing.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Joe's Demise and the Epic Couple Swap
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Recap: Madison and Travis Prepare to Leave LA
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: Vanessa Picks the Other Side
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Spoilers: Two Contestants Arrive While Someone Has a Change of Heart
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- More From BuddyTV
- MTV VMAs Best & Worst Moments: Rebel Wilson's F-Bomb, Nicki Minaj's Shade, Taylor's Clean Sweep and More
- Miley Cyrus Flashes Bare Breast on Camera at MTV Video Music Awards
- Falling Skies Boss Weighs In on Series Finale's Big Twists (Including a Very Final One That Didn't Make the Cut)
- Kanye West Announces Presidential Run During Insane MTV VMA Speech
- Justin Bieber Returns to the MTV VMAs: Grade His 'Comeback' Performance
- More From TVLine
- Kanye West Admits He's High and Announces Candidacy for President During VMA Vanguard Acceptance Speech
- Miley Cyrus Drops Surprise Album During the VMAs
- Miley Cyrus Exposed Her Nipple Live During the 2015 VMAs!
- Josh Duggar's Life at Christian Rehab Facility Includes Bible Study, Community Work Service and Military-Style Barracks
- Who Won!? 2015 MTV Video Music Award Winners List
- More From ET