Whedon's bad luck continues with the recent announcement that Fox is pulling the plug on 'Dollhouse,' a series that had enough of a following -- and potential -- to warrant another season. Would 'Dollhouse' have really hit its stride further down the road? We'll never know. Here are some other sci-fi television series that met their makers too soon.
Tim Kring and his team over at Heroes HQ have had a tough go of it in 2008. There was the unfortunate bungling of a joke that garnered more ill will, another apology and promise that things will get better, some firings, and, of course, those ratings numbers that just seem to keep dropping. But you know what they say, "It's always darkest before the dawn."
So, rather than put the boots to the show one more time, how about some news that brings with it a sign of good things to come? When last we left our heroes, Sylar had used his newly acquired lie detecting powers to determine that Arthur isn't his father. I'm sure the wave of relief that came with knowing he wasn't related to Peter was glorious. Even better than that, now we know who will be taking on the role of Pa Sylar.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 12 Girls Performance Rankings
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.17 Photos: Caroline's Got a Gun
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Season Finale Recap: Lila's Killer is Revealed
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.16 Photos: Natalie Brings David as Her Fourth of July Party Date
- 'The Blacklist' Recap: The Hunter Becomes the Hunted
- More From BuddyTV
- How to Get Away With Murder Season 1 Finale Recap: Over Her Dead Body
- Grey's Anatomy Recap: Herman's Head
- American Idol Recap: Chick Magnetism
- Castle Casts 24 Vet Reiko Aylesworth, Housewives' Ricardo Chavira
- Arrow/Flash 'Team-Up' Spinoff to Star Brandon Routh, Caity Lotz and Others
- More From TVLine