Whedon's bad luck continues with the recent announcement that Fox is pulling the plug on 'Dollhouse,' a series that had enough of a following -- and potential -- to warrant another season. Would 'Dollhouse' have really hit its stride further down the road? We'll never know. Here are some other sci-fi television series that met their makers too soon.
Tim Kring and his team over at Heroes HQ have had a tough go of it in 2008. There was the unfortunate bungling of a joke that garnered more ill will, another apology and promise that things will get better, some firings, and, of course, those ratings numbers that just seem to keep dropping. But you know what they say, "It's always darkest before the dawn."
So, rather than put the boots to the show one more time, how about some news that brings with it a sign of good things to come? When last we left our heroes, Sylar had used his newly acquired lie detecting powers to determine that Arthur isn't his father. I'm sure the wave of relief that came with knowing he wasn't related to Peter was glorious. Even better than that, now we know who will be taking on the role of Pa Sylar.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'The Gift'
- 'RHOBH' Star Kim Richards Leaves Rehab for Daughter's Wedding
- Britt Nilsson Still Dating 'Bachelorette' Suitor Brady Toops?
- 'RHOC' Star Vicki Gunvalson: 'I Don't Want to Look Like a Plastic Barbie Doll'
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Cersei Gets What She Deserves
- More From BuddyTV
- GoT Recap: Royally Screwed
- Anne Meara, Actress/Comedian and Half of Stiller & Meara, Dead at 85
- Quotes of the Week From The Flash, Late Show, Game of Thrones and More
- Sharon Osbourne on Hiatus from CBS' The Talk Due to 'Extreme Exhaustion'
- Orphan Black Boss Talks [Spoiler]'s Sacrifice, Angry Felix, Twerking Alison
- More From TVLine