That's still no excuse for stealing material, if that is in fact the case with this British ad. UK comic Micky Flanagan claims an ad agency stole a joke from his act for a phone service commercial and is a stone's throw away from filing a lawsuit. Punchline Magazine posted videos of the joke and the ad. Is this just a coincidence or is the ad pulling a Carlos Mencia?
First, listen to Flanagan's joke...
And now, watch the ad, which is after the jump.
Can we talk ... without using curse words? Comedienne and home shopping pioneer Joan Rivers was removed from a live British talk show for swearing.
Well, OK, it's not like she was dragged off kicking and screaming during the live broadcast (like this guy), but she was asked to leave the set during a commercial break. Rivers was on the show Loose Women (ahem) and they were talking about Russell Crowe and Rivers said that he was "f***ing shit." I think she meant the phrase as an adjective, not a verb.
Rivers is actually over there doing a one woman show on the West End, Joan Rivers: A Work In Progress By A Life In Progress. She has apologized for what she said, the host of the show apologized for what she said, and ITV apologized to viewers for she said.
Just to be safe, TV Squad also apologizes for what Rivers said. Thank you.
Update: Video added after the jump.
A new British reality show, Band in a Bubble, will encase a band in a giant block of glass, near Trafalgar Square, and force them to write and record an album in one month. The Darkness has been approached to participate, but there's no word yet on whether or not they will do it.
I think this sounds ridiculous. I mean, maybe if it was The Who or something, a band that we would be interested in watching anyway, whether it was a reality show about being inside a glass box or just a straight documentary. But what's the real attraction here, other than a basic "wow, look how far reality shows have gone?"
[via TV Tattle]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Scandal Adds Private Practice Star in Top-Secret Season 4 Role
- Arrow Recruits Spartacus Star as Captain Boomerang in Season 3
- Report: DC Comics' Lucifer Pilot In the Works at Fox
- Nashville First Look: Laura Benanti's Sadie Cozies Up to [Spoiler]
- Bones Open House: Tour Booth and Brennan's Crazy-Cool New Crib
- More From TVLine
- Robin Thicke Admits to Drug Abuse, Says Paula Patton Left Because He Told Her 'The Truth'
- Jennifer Lawrence Explains What Makes a Woman Powerful in New Dior Campaign
- Disney Is Releasing a 'Frozen' Wedding Dress
- 'Dating Naked' Couple Preps for Wedding with Naked Yoga
- Barbra Streisand Talks New Album and Possible 'Gypsy' Movie
- More From ET