She wrote, "About to do my first shot of the day for Glee tweeties! Here we goooo!" Spears will reportedly be playing a fictionalized version of herself, and posted a Twitpic from the Fox set.
'Glee' co-creator Ryan Murphy chatted with Ryan Seacrest this morning and spilled major details about the Britney Spears-themed episode of the hit Fox musical.
"I think Britney, 100 percent, is going to be on the episode," Murphy told Seacrest.
To recap, Murphy is 100 percent sure he thinks Spears will make a cameo appearance. While we're just as confused as you are about that confirmation -- if you can call it that -- Murphy did spill some more details about the special tribute episode.
Ryan Murphy, creator of 'Glee,' confirmed to Entertainment Tonight on Thursday that a Spears episode is in the works. It's not clear whether Spears herself will appear on the show, however.
Spears' manager, Adam Leber, started a Twitter campaign in April to have a Spears episode on 'Glee.' "Do you guys want to see a Britney Spears episode of GLEE?'' Leber tweeted. "Thoughts?''
The Golden Globe-winning series returns to Fox on April 13 with a tribute to the music icon, featuring the cast covering what's sure to be show-stopping renditions of some of Madge's greatest hits, including the '80s-defining 'Borderline,' an acoustic version of power-ballad 'Crazy for You' and the more recent '4 Minutes.' Even Sue Sylvester gets into the groove, coaching the Cheerios through an energetic performance of 'Express Yourself' and taking lead on 'Vogue.'
"It's big...huge," 'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy recently told Entertainment Weekly about the episode, which he's directing, yet he won't reveal whether or not Madonna will be making a cameo. What we do know is that the special episode will feature grander productions and at least 10 hits. We wouldn't expect anything less.
Madonna's decision to lend 'Glee' her entire catalog stems from the fact that she's a fan of the spunky song-and-dance show. Of course, the timing is also perfect for the master self-promoter, who is releasing a live DVD-CD of her Sticky & Sweet Tour on March 30, followed by the concert's April 2 TV premiere on VH1.
We're pretty sure that the 'Glee' and VH1 specials, as well as Madge's March guest stint on Jerry Seinfeld's new show, 'The Marriage Ref,' will eventually find a place in our ever-expanding compilation of Madonna's Memorable TV Moments.
Watch the video after the jump.
Which is great, Lindsay. But Lindsay Lohan in a reality show? You do know what kind of celebrities appear in realty shows? Do you think Whitney Houston and Britney Spears were at the heights of their careers when they did their amazing stints in reality television?
Speaking of Brit-Brit, LiLo is working with her manager on the project. Hopefully not the same guy that helped develop Britney & Kevin: Chaotic. The series is intended to follow Lohan as she attempts to get her career back on track.
It was...awkward, probably because she's not only in a bikini but also it was via satellite and taped.
- Guest voices on the 21st season of The Simpsons will include: Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, Anne Hathaway, Chris Martin, Sarah Silverman, Angela Bassett, Chuck Liddell, Jackie Mason, Neve Campbell, Eli and Payton Manning, Bob Costas, and the late Eartha Kitt.
- From November 9 through November 15, Fox will hold a Simpsons "scavenger hunt" with clues scattered through their programming.
- Gordon Ramsay will conduct a live one-hour cooking demonstration on December 15 at 9 ET. The show is called Gordon Ramsay: Cookalong Live.
- Finally, Britney Spears will receive the "Ultimate Choice" award at the Teen Choice Awards.
More stuff to come during the day. Of course, for the latest, follow our Twitter feed.
The MSNBC Countdown's Wikipedia page reported he had died earlier this morning, possibly due to complications from celiac disease.
I sent emails to two networks officials to confirm this jarring claim. Jeremy Gaines, MSNBC's vice president of communications, responded that he is certain the entry is a "hoax" and that he and other network officials were working to correct it. The section on Olbermann's death has since been removed from the page.
Suffice it to say, while it may have been for all the wrong reasons, Britney had once again captured the attention of the public at large. It's an important bit of this story, because it speaks to both why she was brought in to guest on HIMYM, and why I hated it from jump street. I certainly wasn't alone in that, as most of the TV Squad staff, and 36.9% of the readers that voted, named her for the What The *#@#%! Were They Thinking Award.
So what IS it about the rich, famous and screwed-up that we find so fascinating? Other than the fact that it's just plain fun to gawk at these folks, I've come up with a few reasons why TMZ is one of the best things to enter our lives in years:
1. TMZ shows us that even though the rest of us might be struggling out here, we're still way better off than the people on TMZ's radar. That's comforting in a weird way.
I have no idea what MTV is like these days. I've watched it only a few times in the past several years, and even that was something like The Real World or maybe some special. People have been complaining for years that the network hasn't been showing videos like they used to. I don't know how true that is now, but if you're looking for a station completely devoted to music videos (and not reality programming), then check out MTV Music, the new web site that houses a bunch of videos old and new.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville' Finale: 7 Burning Questions for Season 2
- 'Hannibal': 21 Creepy Moments from 'Trou Normand'
- 'Nashville' Music Videos: Juliette's 'Nothing In This World' & Avery and Scarlett's 'Moon is High'
- Blake Shelton Organizes Benefit Concert for Oklahoma Tornado Victims
- 'The Glades' Season 4 Preview: The Proposal Cliffhanger, a Time Jump and Jim as a Step-Dad
- More From BuddyTV
- Jimmy Fallon's 'Game of Desks' names Seth Meyers the 'real true 'Late Night' heir'
- 'Law and Order: SVU' Season 15: Mariska Hargitay signs on to continue as Olivia Benson
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3 finale - 'Development Arrested'
- 'Fresh Prince' reunion: Will Smith does theme song rap with Alfonso Ribeiro and DJ Jazzy Jeff
- More From Zap2it
- Performer of the Week: Tatiana Maslany
- Mariska Hargitay Returning for Law & Order: SVU Season 15 After Closing New Deal
- LOL Video: Will Smith, Alfonso Ribeiro Reunite for Fresh Prince Theme, Carlton's 'Unusual' Dance
- Video: Arrested Development Faves Reveal Everything (and Nothing) About the New Season
- Rookie Blue Sneak Peek: Andy Meets Sam's New Girlfriend, Gets Awkward With Her Ex
- More From TVLine