That, of course, is the memorable full-body celebration involving leg kicks, jumping up and down and shouting "Hey!" and ending with cousin Larry (Mark Linn-Baker) leaping into the arms of his Myposian cousin Balki (Bronson Pinchot), whose "Now we are so happy, we do the dance of joy!" exclamation always launched the dance.
The Dance of Joy was one of the best reasons for tuning into the silly, but sweet entry into ABC's sadly defunct TGIF lineup of Friday night sitcoms, in fact. 'Perfect Strangers' revolved around just that: two strangers, Chicagoan Larry and his distant cousin Balki, who became roomies when Balki left his Mediterranean country home and showed up on Larry's Windy City doorstep.
This Pop Candy reader and his friend did the opening of Perfect Strangers, filming it in their city of Seattle instead of Chicago. The original is after the jump.
Ahhh, the weekend. A glorious time when the prospect of burning some daylight watching sit-com stars from the 80s rap seems perfectly reasonable. Especially if it's so frickin' cold it's snowing outside. Seriously, why am I getting snowed on in April?
Anyway, one of my friends sent along a link to a post by Benner on a blog called Touch. It features videos of a bunch of old commercials that use rap to try and sell you on one thing or another. You have the classic: D.J. Fred and M.C. Barney for Fruity Pebbles, the strange: Jennifer Love Hewitt in a commercial for bread, and the cringe-worthy: Larry Bird raps for Converse. Finally, there's the awesome: a promo for ABC Wednesday featuring the casts of Perfect Strangers and Head Of The Class. That one is embedded after the jump. Follow the read link for Benner's post and the rest of the videos.
Actually, it's Hooked On Can-Can. Like Hooked On Classics. Only Can-Cannier.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Awkward Season Premiere Recap: Naked and Betrayed
- Jane the Virgin Casts Pop Star Kesha as Jane's New [Spoiler] in Season 2
- All My Children Vet Vincent Irizarry Joins Days of Our Lives — Get Details
- Scream Boss on Wes Craven's Death: 'We Were Sucker-Punched'
- Under the Dome End Date Set, Series Finale to Air Sept. 10
- More From TVLine
- Avril Lavigne's Ex Deryck Whibley Is Married – See the Romantic Photos!
- Jaime King Says Taylor Swift Will Make an 'Amazing' Mother
- 'Jane the Virgin' Books Another Pop Star: Kesha!
- Justin Bieber's 'What Do You Mean?' Co-Star Shuts Down Dating Rumors
- The Reason Rachel Bilson Named Her Daughter Briar Rose
- More From ET